SmugMug + iPad

1235»

Comments

• ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    DCJarvis wrote: »
    I have just purchased my first iPad. It would be wonderful to be able to upload to Smugmug from the iPad. I can't figure out how, and reading this thread leads me to conclude that upload functionality is simply not available. How can that be? headscratch.gif

You can run Camera Awesome on your iPad and upload photos taken with the app or photos from your iPads library to SmugMug (or any of several other services) including SMS and Email.

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • jrsforumsjrsforums Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2012
    Support new iPad?
    Any plans to update the app to support the new iPad Retina display?

John
  • jrsforumsjrsforums Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 22, 2012
    EXIF data in app?
    Are there plans to add EXIF data for images in the app?

John
  • ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    Yes and yes John.
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2012
    You might also want to look at PhotoSync. Yes, it is a 3rd party item but I have used it quite a bit with very good success.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • kalantankalantan Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 2, 2012
    SM Crashes on iPad...
    The iPad app crashes after I enter my login credentials. iPhone app behaves normally. Any advice?

Thanks...
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    In a new version of the iPad app is there going to be the ability to delete individual pictures and galleries like I can do with smug wallet?
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    They don't announce features prior to release.

*grumpy response*

I wouldn't be holding my breath for a new iPad app anyway. It'll come eventually, with whatever features they decided were important. But this is not an area of Smugmug's business where customer feedback makes much difference.

(Don't believe me? Look how long we've been asking for improvements to the iPhone app and a useful iPad app. What did we get instead? "Camera Awesome." No one was asking for that. We have Camera+ and 50 other clones already.)

*end grumpy response*
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    Pupator wrote: »
    *grumpy response*

Baldy has said (and I'll reiterate) we're working on new iPad and iPhone browsing apps. Your patience is appreciated!
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Baldy has said (and I'll reiterate) we're working on new iPad and iPhone browsing apps. Your patience is appreciated!

I've been a very frustrated user of the current iPad app for a while. The only reason I stuck with it is it's saved me from having to maintain two organisational structures in Aperture. Otherwise, it's a piece of poop.

This is good to know though as I'd missed any previous statements by Smugmug that it is being worked on. But, my expectations are low given the sometimes exceedingly long time between a "pre-announcement" such as this and the actually appearance of the feature or product has been in the past.

Andy, any willingness to share time lines or initiate a features / requirements discussion somewhere?
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    Pupator wrote: »
    They don't announce features prior to release.

*grumpy response*

I wouldn't be holding my breath for a new iPad app anyway. It'll come eventually, with whatever features they decided were important. But this is not an area of Smugmug's business where customer feedback makes much difference.

(Don't believe me? Look how long we've been asking for improvements to the iPhone app and a useful iPad app. What did we get instead? "Camera Awesome." No one was asking for that. We have Camera+ and 50 other clones already.)

*end grumpy response*

Perfect. How are sub-categories coming along? <ducks>
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
  • Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2012
    If I am logged into my site, is there a way I can download images without the watermark?

KarenLynch.smugmug.com
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    Updating galleries
    My pet gripe.

If I add a few pictures to a gallery with hundreds of pictures the gallery shows "new" on the ipad, but instead of just adding the new pictures it downloads the entire gallery all over again, which takes forever. eek7.gif

Thanks for listening.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • peterzpeterz Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2013
    Smug mug app ???
    I was going to get this app but the reviews on it are not that good. I am going to be going to NY in April and I want to be able to show my photos on the iPad. I'm also going to be taking a good amount of photos also. I can't seem to figure out what apps to get so I can sync everything together ... Smug mug... Portfolio... And the photos I will be taking. I Hope this is making sense. This trip is very important so I want everything to work 110%. Thanks for any help.

Peter
    edited January 7, 2013
    There i currently no decent app for the iPad that integrates with Smugmug. I used, with frustration, the one this thread is about for a few years. I finally gave up on it and haven't yet figured out any reasonable alternative other than to manually manage your images from your computer to your preferred photo viewer.
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    Actually they just released an update to the SmugMug app and it works pretty well. I travel quite a bit and I use the new SmugMug App, PhotoSync and am able to keep everything in sync with some good bandwidth. The write up of how I do it is at http://bradfordbenn.com/2012/09/uploading-photos-on-the-go/
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
    edited January 12, 2013
    I have a new iPad mini (thank you Santa), all up to date. Installed the app afresh, logged in and crash. Crashes on launch again every time. Basically no difference from running it on the original iPad on iOS 5.