Options

Heads up: Dgrin Forum Software Upgrade

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    You can do that today...just do < strike > < / strike > . Obviously, no spaces.
    O.k. I KNOW I tried that before I thought it did not work. Thanks Ian.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    pillman wrote: »
    Smug Heros have been looking into this for
    me. Yet problem still exist. They have been awesome
    by the way.
    Posting here to see if others had similar problems.
    After update went to site and had to log in. Before
    stayed logged in on all computers owned. Logged in
    and it takes 20 seconds plus to load site. Same for
    all browsers. Have tried all fixes to date with no
    improvement. Ideas appreciated. All was fine until
    update and problem is specific to DGRIN. Smug fine.
    Thanks for your time.

So the problem is that it now takes longer to load?

The fact that you had to log in again is normal after this upgrade.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited May 4, 2010
    RogersDA wrote: »
    O.k. I KNOW I tried that before I thought it did not work. Thanks Ian.

Some of the forums do not allow html code, so it will not work in those. You can see whether html is enabled in the little box at the very bottom left of the page. deal.gif
  • Options
    cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    This isn't a "bug," and maybe is just a settings thing, but I've noticed that since the upgrade, when I click "Mark this forum read," it simply marks the forum read but leaves me there. Previously it used to mark it read and also kick me to a sub-menu page (would go to Shots if I'd been in People/Weddings/etc).

It's not a big deal, but it's an extra click. When I mark a forum read, that usually means I'm done being there for the time being, so I'd rather automatically get sent to the menu page rather than having to go click on another link to get there. Is this a settings change I can make, or is this just the way it is now? Thanks.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    This isn't a "bug," and maybe is just a settings thing, but I've noticed that since the upgrade, when I click "Mark this forum read," it simply marks the forum read but leaves me there. Previously it used to mark it read and also kick me to a sub-menu page (would go to Shots if I'd been in People/Weddings/etc).

It's not a big deal, but it's an extra click. When I mark a forum read, that usually means I'm done being there for the time being, so I'd rather automatically get sent to the menu page rather than having to go click on another link to get there. Is this a settings change I can make, or is this just the way it is now? Thanks.
    This still works the same for me, from New Stuff to Digital Grin Photography Forum. Normal vBulletin way.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    This still works the same for me, from New Stuff to Digital Grin Photography Forum. Normal vBulletin way.

Don
    i think you are misunderstanding cab. He's talking about in the forums, like 'cameras' or 'people'. You can mark those individual forums read as well. That used to take you back one level, and it does not any more. That's what I'm seeing as well.
  • Options
    cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010

Don

Hmm... I've never used "New Stuff" before. That just worked for me, but I typically browse the sub-forums, hit the posts that interest me, then click "Mark forum as read," not by marking the entire site as read which is what just happened when I tried it your way. Maybe I'll try it that way for a while, but I would still like to know if the sub-forum "mark as read" function has changed.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • Options
    pillmanpillman Registered Users Posts: 821 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Yep, everything I do on Dgrin takes 20 plus seconds. No answers yet..
    Im sure just some simple adjustment on this cpu.. Ping test trying now..
    Thanks
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Is there anyway to toggle off that quick reply box at the bottom? I now have
    to scroll a whole window height to click on forum jump. Very ignoring. And
    what is the purpose of it, there is a reply button already at the bottom left of
    the posts.

Suggestion: move the forum jump to above the tags box.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited May 4, 2010
    Allen wrote: »
    Is there anyway to toggle off that quick reply box at the bottom? I now have
    to scroll a whole window height to click on forum jump. Very ignoring. And
    what is the purpose of it, there is a reply button already at the bottom left of
    the posts.

Suggestion: move the forum jump to above the tags box.

Thanks for the feedback.

In the upper right of the quick reply box is a blue arrow (pointing up for "collapse"). If you click on that, the box goes away (but the quick reply menu bar remains). If you want it back, click on it again (it's pointing down for "expand").

Does that work for you?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback.

In the upper right of the quick reply box is a blue arrow (pointing up for "collapse"). If you click on that, the box goes away (but the quick reply menu bar remains). If you want it back, click on it again (it's pointing down for "expand").

Does that work for you?
    Not seeing this arrow on my machine, Camino 2.0.2
    headscratch.gifdunno

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback.

Does that work for you?
    No arrow showing here headscratch.gif There is an arrow on Similar Threads though.

How about putting the Moderation and jump boxes inline?
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    NOt seeing this arrow on my machine, Camino 2.0.2
    headscratch.gifdunno

Don

I don't use camino...give me a few to get it going and see what's what.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    I don't use camino...give me a few to get it going and see what's what.
    I don't see the arrow in FF 3.6.3/Win headscratch.gif
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    the quick reply button is a blessing! I love it!
    no arrow is showing for me either
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    OK. The arrow correctly shows up in some browsers (FF on a mac, IE on windows) but not in others (camino on mac, FF on windows). What's strange is that in some instances expand/collapse doesn't work for the QR box, it does for posting rules.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    OK. The arrow correctly shows up in some browsers (FF on a mac, IE on windows) but not in others (camino on mac, FF on windows). What's strange is that in some instances expand/collapse doesn't work for the QR box, it does for posting rules.
    The arrow appears and works on FF/Win for the posting rules, but not the QR box. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010

Coding error.

If you're experiencing a problem with the QR expand/collapse arrow, please reload the page and try again. I just verified it works correctly in Camino.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    Coding error.

If you're experiencing a problem with the QR expand/collapse arrow, please reload the page and try again. I just verified it works correctly in Camino.

Works in FF/Win. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2010
    Coding error.

I can now collapse it but it does not stick collapsed. Arrows kinda useless
    when it keeps coming back expanded.

We need a "hide" toggle for "Tell the World", Tags and QR.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Allen wrote: »
    I can now collapse it but it does not stick collapsed. Arrows kinda useless
    when it keeps coming back expanded.

We need a "hide" toggle for "Tell the World", Tags and QR.
    Al, Jfriend found a bug with vBulletin and FF 3.6.3 and that hide button. Sorry :(

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=166710
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2010
    I am still having problems with the "Go to Last Post" button next to the username at right of post listing still only goes to post #1.

I now find that the "Go to First New Post" button, which I never noticed or used before, does do as it should thumb.gif, at least!

Don
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2010
    I am still having problems with the "Go to Last Post" button next to the username at right of post listing still only goes to post #1.

I now find that the "Go to First New Post" button, which I never noticed or used before, does do as it should thumb.gif, at least!

Don

This is still with Camino? I've tried version 2.0.2 on a mac and that seems to work. Same with FF on the mac.

I'll see what I can find.
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2010
    This is still with Camino? I've tried version 2.0.2 on a mac and that seems to work. Same with FF on the mac.

Yes, Camino! I will try latest Safari....

Getting the same exact behavior in Safari 4.0.5 running 10.6.3 MacOS.

Don
  • Options
    edited May 6, 2010

It's working properly on FF 3.6.3/Win.
  • Options
    craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    craig_d wrote: »
    When I try to delete my subscription to a thread, I get the following error:

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window."

Pushing the back button and reloading makes no difference, however.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.3 on Linux.

Update: Of course, as soon as I post this complaint, the problem goes away... Holding down the shift key while reloading the page may have something to do with it.

Update on this: I still find that when I delete thread subscriptions, I usually get the "token has expired" error. I have to reload the page while holding down the shift key (forcing the browser to reload EVERYTHING, even images and stylesheets that appear to be up to date) to work around the error.

This really should not be necessary. Dgrin is doing something wrong internally if it requires a shift-reload on the browser end to make things work.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2010
    "shift reload" reloads/replaces what's in your browsers cache. As long as that's done one time, it should not be necessary for continued use.
    craig_d wrote: »
    Update on this: I still find that when I delete thread subscriptions, I usually get the "token has expired" error. I have to reload the page while holding down the shift key (forcing the browser to reload EVERYTHING, even images and stylesheets that appear to be up to date) to work around the error.

This really should not be necessary. Dgrin is doing something wrong internally if it requires a shift-reload on the browser end to make things work.
  • Options
    sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    GSPeP wrote: »
    When clicking "Mark Forums Read" I get the following message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

I have had this issue as well. I have logged out and back in a couple times as well as cleared all cookies and temporary files. Still no luck. Using the quick links I can mark all forums read, but not individual ones.
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2010
    sdways01 wrote: »
    I have had this issue as well. I have logged out and back in a couple times as well as cleared all cookies and temporary files. Still no luck. Using the quick links I can mark all forums read, but not individual ones.

What browser are you using?