Heads up: Dgrin Forum Software Upgrade

124»

Comments

• Options
    sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    ian408 wrote: »
    What browser are you using?

I am using Iternet Explorer Version 7. I also tried it in Firefox 3.0.15 and had the same problem.
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    If you're using IE, try setting the cache to "Check for a newer version of stored pages" --> "Every visit to the page". The other issue is that it could be a server side cache as this problem usually happens when a pre-3.something (I forgot exactly which version) file tries to be used on a newer version.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    When I try to "Go To Last Post", it actually goes to the beginning of the thread (used to work OK before the upgrade).

I've tried this with FireFox 3.6.3 & Opera 10.53 with similar results in both…

ne_nau.gif

- Wil

PS: Just tried it with IE 7.0.5730.13 with same results…
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited May 13, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    When I try to "Go To Last Post", it actually goes to the beginning of the thread (used to work OK before the upgrade).

I've tried this with FireFox 3.6.3 & Opera 10.53 with similar results in both…

ne_nau.gif

- Wil

Windows or Mac? Have you tried it using the Gallery Black skin?
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    Veeeerrrry interesting…

Works OK with the black skin (haven't tried it with the other skins, but it certainly doesn't behave with "Ivory Tower")

…now if JEL were to make me an offer to do some regression testing… :D

Thanks Richard!

…sounds like you've been there and done that!

thumb.gif

- Wil

Oh, Windoze BTW…
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    …actually "Whitewash" is OK, as is "Grey Matter"…

"Sand" & "Midnight" aren't…

headscratch.gif

- Wil
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited May 13, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    …actually "Whitewash" is OK, as is "Grey Matter"…

"Sand" & "Midnight" aren't…

headscratch.gif

- Wil

nod.gif We haven't tweaked all of the skins. We think Gallery Black, Whitewash, and Grey Matter are complete. Long term, we would like to have just one light and one dark one, which would simplify maintenance.
  • Options
    sdways01sdways01 Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    If you're using IE, try setting the cache to "Check for a newer version of stored pages" --> "Every visit to the page". The other issue is that it could be a server side cache as this problem usually happens when a pre-3.something (I forgot exactly which version) file tries to be used on a newer version.

I already had this set. I tried upgrading IE, but still can not mark a single forum as "read"
    http://www.adamclarkmedia.com

"If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?" - Anonymous
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    sdways01 wrote: »
    I already had this set. I tried upgrading IE, but still can not mark a single forum as "read"
    Hmmm...there's a problem here on the server-side.

In version 3.6 or 3.7, vBulletin introduced a 'token' system to further prevent hack attempts. If code from a pre-token version of vBulletin is attempted to run on a newer version, you'll usually get this error. I'm thinking that means that the template page for for the "mark forums read" option probably wasn't upgraded to the 3.8 version. A template is typically not because that template is customized and will have to be manually upgraded. I ran into a lot of this when going from v3.0.3 to 3.8.

It'll be fixed once they fix all the styles. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited May 16, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    Hmmm...there's a problem here on the server-side.

In version 3.6 or 3.7, vBulletin introduced a 'token' system to further prevent hack attempts. If code from a pre-token version of vBulletin is attempted to run on a newer version, you'll usually get this error. I'm thinking that means that the template page for for the "mark forums read" option probably wasn't upgraded to the 3.8 version. A template is typically not because that template is customized and will have to be manually upgraded. I ran into a lot of this when going from v3.0.3 to 3.8.

It'll be fixed once they fix all the styles. thumb.gif

Our intent is to not fix all of the styles/templates that are available today. If you use "Gallery Black", "Whitewash" or "Grey Matter" as your style, you should be fine as these styles and their templates are consistent with the 3.8 series of vB. Any other style/template will go away at some point.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    NBC and Time Warner inform Apple they'll be sticking to Flash
    Richard wrote: »
    But will you run Flash? lol3.gif

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/nbc-and-time-warner-inform-apple-theyll-be-sticking-to-flash-t/