Options

smugshot iphone app

124»

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    TexPhotog wrote: »
    Good evening all... Is the "SmugShot" app no longer available for download???

I use it to upload/back up my photos & videos not shot with Camera Awesome since it lets me select from my camera roll, but I deleted it by mistake from my iPhone & I can't find it on the App Store...

Any help with this is really appreciated... Thanks y'all...
    I'm sorry, but the SmugShot app hasn't been available anymore ever we released its replacement Camera Awesome.

That said, you can add a photo from your camera roll to Camera Awesome just fine. In camera mode, tap the bottom left thumbnail to view the last photo taken. Then tap the top left grid icon to view all the photos in the app. At the bottom right you'll see the plus icon which you can use to import a photo from your camera roll.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    TexPhotogTexPhotog Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    I'm sorry, but the SmugShot app hasn't been available anymore ever we released its replacement Camera Awesome.

That said, you can add a photo from your camera roll to Camera Awesome just fine. In camera mode, tap the bottom left thumbnail to view the last photo taken. Then tap the top left grid icon to view all the photos in the app. At the bottom right you'll see the plus icon which you can use to import a photo from your camera roll.

Thank you for the info on this... Sadly, for as "awesome" as Camera Awesome is, I really haven't been able to find a good FAQ or help/how-to page anywhere other than the few video tutorials and a link to the "Photo School" which really only shows basic use of the app...

Also, since I have you here, I have the settings to upload only from Wi-Fi, but there are a lot of photos that haven't been uploaded to my Camera Awesome Archive on my SmugMug site...

Any ideas on this??? Thanks...
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    Thank you for the info on this... Sadly, for as "awesome" as Camera Awesome is, I really haven't been able to find a good FAQ or help/how-to page anywhere other than the few video tutorials and a link to the "Photo School" which really only shows basic use of the app...

Also, since I have you here, I have the settings to upload only from Wi-Fi, but there are a lot of photos that haven't been uploaded to my Camera Awesome Archive on my SmugMug site...

Any ideas on this??? Thanks...
    The Digital Photography School article linked from the Camera Awesome help page does go over a wide variety of functions in the app. What questions do you still have?

In regards to the archiving option, does it upload new photos you take?

If no new photos seem to be archived even when you're on WiFi, try closing the app completely.
    Go to your home screen and double tap the home button to bring up the app switcher bar at the bottom. In the app switcher bar, hold your finger on the Camera Awesome icon until the app switcher icons at the bottom start wiggling. Tap the red closing icon next to the Camera Awesome icon to close it completely. Then tap the home button once more and re-open the app.
    That may help in getting the upload to work again.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2012
    The Digital Photography School article linked from the Camera Awesome help page does go over a wide variety of functions in the app. What questions do you still have?

In regards to the archiving option, does it upload new photos you take?

If no new photos seem to be archived even when you're on WiFi, try closing the app completely.
    Go to your home screen and double tap the home button to bring up the app switcher bar at the bottom. In the app switcher bar, hold your finger on the Camera Awesome icon until the app switcher icons at the bottom start wiggling. Tap the red closing icon next to the Camera Awesome icon to close it completely. Then tap the home button once more and re-open the app.
    That may help in getting the upload to work again.

Well, let's see...

If I understand the archive feature correctly, if I have the app open but I'm not within Wi-Fi range, I can take my photos and when I reach Wi-Fi signal & the app is open, the archive feature should kick in & upload anything that was taken while not connected.

This isn't happening at all. If I shoot something while in range, some stuff gets uploaded & some stuff doesn't. I also have a bunch of no range stuff that has never been archived.

I had the settings of "Archive over Wi-Fi only" off before & everything got uploaded over my cell phone data, but that would always slow down the app to a painfully slow mode in between shots...

:cry
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2012
    I usually don't do this, but I still have the issue so I'm re-bumping this for some help... Thanks y'all!!!
    Well, let's see...

If I understand the archive feature correctly, if I have the app open but I'm not within Wi-Fi range, I can take my photos and when I reach Wi-Fi signal & the app is open, the archive feature should kick in & upload anything that was taken while not connected.

This isn't happening at all. If I shoot something while in range, some stuff gets uploaded & some stuff doesn't. I also have a bunch of no range stuff that has never been archived.

I had the settings of "Archive over Wi-Fi only" off before & everything got uploaded over my cell phone data, but that would always slow down the app to a painfully slow mode in between shots...

:cry
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com