Best camera & lens for $1700?

124»

Comments

• MelodinaMelodina Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2011
    Look, I really thought I had benefited from this thread all I could but ............ I just got this email today from the Seiberling Mansion, the museum where I took my niece's Bridal Pictures. We had so much fun that day along with the caretakers of the museum. They asked if I would send them the photos so they could see them? So I did. This is what they wrote back:

Dear Melody, (they think "I'm" the bride who sent in the pictures)
    What a beautiful bride you made for your wedding in February. We loved all your pictures – we could just see the happiness and excitement on your face. Whoever took those photos did a fabulous job of capturing your joy – loved the ones of you twirling – WOW! Our Executive Director wanted me to contact you and ask if you would give us permission to use one or two of them on our website about rental facilities here at the Seiberling Mansion or next door in the Elliott House. Our web address for the Historical Society is www.howardcountymuseum.org and than click on the rent tab for info about using our grounds or buildings. This is where we would like to put a few of your pictures. You can email our Director, Kelly Karickhoff directly at director@howardcountymuseum.org to give permission.
    Jaclyn mentioned what a fun bunch of ladies you were that day and how much she enjoyed having you over there that afternoon. I remember when your Mom called to ask permission for those to be done.
    Thank you so much for sharing these with us, we very seldom get the see any of the brides we rent to and this was a real treat to all of us.
    Kelly will be out of the office from Fri. April 1st thru Monday, April 11th.
    Again, thank you so much for sharing.
    Sharon Carter

I called Holly (my niece) and we were both pretty excited, to say the least. She will talk with her husband before responding. I know I'm just an Aunt who took photos but is there anything I should know (for perhaps the future) about this proposition?

Too Fun!! I'm just shaking my head?!
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited March 30, 2011
    Melodina wrote: »
    Look, I really thought I had benefited from this thread all I could but ............ I just got this email today from the Seiberling Mansion, the museum where I took my niece's Bridal Pictures. We had so much fun that day along with the caretakers of the museum. They asked if I would send them the photos so they could see them? So I did. This is what they wrote back:

Dear Melody, (they think "I'm" the bride who sent in the pictures)
    What a beautiful bride you made for your wedding in February. We loved all your pictures – we could just see the happiness and excitement on your face. Whoever took those photos did a fabulous job of capturing your joy – loved the ones of you twirling – WOW! Our Executive Director wanted me to contact you and ask if you would give us permission to use one or two of them on our website about rental facilities here at the Seiberling Mansion or next door in the Elliott House. Our web address for the Historical Society is www.howardcountymuseum.org and than click on the rent tab for info about using our grounds or buildings. This is where we would like to put a few of your pictures. You can email our Director, Kelly Karickhoff directly at director@howardcountymuseum.org to give permission.
    Jaclyn mentioned what a fun bunch of ladies you were that day and how much she enjoyed having you over there that afternoon. I remember when your Mom called to ask permission for those to be done.
    Thank you so much for sharing these with us, we very seldom get the see any of the brides we rent to and this was a real treat to all of us.
    Kelly will be out of the office from Fri. April 1st thru Monday, April 11th.
    Again, thank you so much for sharing.
    Sharon Carter

I called Holly (my niece) and we were both pretty excited, to say the least. She will talk with her husband before responding. I know I'm just an Aunt who took photos but is there anything I should know (for perhaps the future) about this proposition?

Too Fun!! I'm just shaking my head?!

Fantastic! clap.gif

I would "insist" upon them using a copy of the file with your name, copyright and contact information plainly visible on their site. I would also suggest embedding the same information the EXIF comments section and in the appropriate IPTC fields of the file that they use.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited March 30, 2011
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Fantastic! clap.gif

I would "insist" upon them using a copy of the file with your name, copyright and contact information plainly visible on their site. I would also suggest embedding the same information the EXIF comments section and in the appropriate IPTC fields of the file that they use.

I read a while ago about copyrights, etc. But I am not at all familiar with anything like this. You guys have a section on this subject. Pretty sure this site is where I read about it? Is that where I should go for more specific instructions for "how" to do all that you suggested?
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited March 30, 2011
    It would be best to ask for specifics in the Techniques forum.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited March 30, 2011
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    It would be best to ask for specifics in the Techniques forum.

Ok ......... thanks a bunch!