Options

Can any other brand beat Canon L

13»

Comments

• Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2011
    I dont know if the stores in europe will let you set up a test like this instore. Will they let you do this in the US?

Regards
    Patrick:D

Most large retailers have a demo copy. At ~$1500+ I think a certain amount of prepurchase confirmation of fit-for-purpose is reasonable.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    I cant see any major retailor letting you set up your laptop in their store to start testing their lenses as this dosent sound right.
    More than likely i will buy online from a reputable dealer and take it from there.
    The last time i had to buy a major purchase i had to drive nearly 90 miles and to be honest i dont even know now if the kit lens that came with my 40D is right due to the fact that i dont have a way of testing lens properly.
    It looks like i will have to just go for it and hopefully i will get a good copy.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Reagards
    Patrick.:D
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2011
    Am I the ONLY person in the world who can accurately gauge sharpness from the camera LCD?

All you gotta do is shoot correctly and turn the in-camera sharpening up, it will expose any flaws (or perfection) in your center and corners, easily. No laptop required.

It's always weird when people say they don't trust their LCD to gauge sharpness. The LCD's these days are AMAZING, I use the back of the camera to do focus calibration tests before all travel weddings, just using a tripod in my hotel room. It takes a little experience to know what you're looking for, but it's not impossible. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2011
    Your are right Ziggy i think i will sell my kit lens and invest in a 10-20ish lens and also invest in a 24-105 L as this will give me enough room to work with and when i have the funds i can move forward to the next stage.
    It is a pity that you cant get a fitting to allow you to use a EFS lens on a EF mount but i can see where its all about the glass.
    :D

that's a good combination for full frame