Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #79 ([SOOC] Open study) CLOSED

124»

Comments

• Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    richtersl wrote: »
    I've entered SOOC challenges before and have not had problems. But this is the first one I've entered since getting a Mac so I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it?

This is driving me crazy. :bash rolleyes1.gif

Can anyone help?

Since you are using a card reader this should be simple. DO NOT download your images into any software. Just open the mounted drive that shows up when you plug in the card reader. Find your JPG photo on the card and drag it to your desktop. Then upload using the simple uploader. Another way people have had success is to upload using the simple uploader and choosing the photo directly from the card itself.

Let me know if this helps.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    Thanks, Mark and Sean. I'll give that a try. thumb.gif Hopefully the images are still on the card. If not, then I'm SOL. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    sherstone wrote: »
    Since you are using a card reader this should be simple. DO NOT download your images into any software. Just open the mounted drive that shows up when you plug in the card reader. Find your JPG photo on the card and drag it to your desktop. Then upload using the simple uploader. Another way people have had success is to upload using the simple uploader and choosing the photo directly from the card itself.

Let me know if this helps.

I am on Mac too and as I mentioned, I use Lightroom to download the images from the camera (Canon).

I even preview them and I can make changes to duplicates to see how they could look otherwise :)

When it comes to uploading to the challenge gallery though, I upload the chosen image directly from the desktop,
    as you (Sean) advised me a while ago.

all the best,
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    That worked like a charm. Thanks for the help! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I have had the same problem in the past challenges that were SOOC I just save my cards and upload directly. If I put them through ViewNX on to my computer it will show fine but when going from computer to Gallery it will change have no idea whyheadscratch.gif
    Just make sure you do not have delete pictures after download set. Use Computer to analyze shot then upload from the card
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2011
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2011
    DsrtVW wrote: »
    I have had the same problem in the past challenges that were SOOC I just save my cards and upload directly. If I put them through ViewNX on to my computer it will show fine but when going from computer to Gallery it will change have no idea whyheadscratch.gif
    Just make sure you do not have delete pictures after download set. Use Computer to analyze shot then upload from the card

That's good advice, Chris! thumb.gif