Options

iPhone. Photography. Awesomized. Free.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    Andy - i've tapped the FX button many times - it stays green and never turns off. I'll delete the app and reinstall and see what happens. I deleted the app and reinstalled - appears I need to tap the composition button to turn off the FX mode - I can't just tap fx by itself

What I mean was, tap the fx button, then tap / untap the fx that you have applied - making sure it's NOT highlighted in yellow.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    What I mean was, tap the fx button, then tap / untap the fx that you have applied - making sure it's NOT highlighted in yellow.

It took me a minute to get that the various fx buttons were toggles too, but once I figured it out I thought, "Oh, of course."
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012

got it - thanks!
  • Options
    gandalf44gandalf44 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Phenonmenal, would like more technical details on the Perfectly Clear implementation
    Within an hour of playing with Awesome, it went to my dock and became by default camera app! It is absolutely amazing. I was using the native iPhone camera app along with Snapseed for post processing, then then PhotoSync for syncing to smugmug (until Awesome!, PhotoSync was the best app to push to smugmug IMO). So 3 apps went to basically one app! I still will use Snapseed for local correction, because NIK just has that nailed that with their U-Point technology. But for general global corrections, the Awesominzing and filters are probably 90% enough for iPhone photos, the other 10% using Snapseed for local corrections.

Andy, any way to get more information on how much of the Pefectly Clear technology is part of the Awesomizing feature. I speak in regard to all 12 processing steps listed on their web page at: http://www.athentech.com/12-corrections.html. I am especially curious about their step 8, noise reduction, as that is of course a big issue in low light situations, even with the great iPhone 4S camera.

Any more technical details would be helpful, thanks again for such a great app!
  • Options
    afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Any thoughts of offering the in-app purchases for free or at a discount to paying SM members? It's great that you offer discounted membership to new SM members who come from the app, but how about the other way around? Thanks!!
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Allan FG wrote: »
    Is there any way to make this the default camera app on the iphone. When the phone is locked and you double tap on the home button you can bring up the Apple camera app without unlocking the phone, it would be nice to bring up this app instead.

I just started playing with it and I like much better than the Apple camer app thumb.gif

I wish! Write to Apple and your congress(wo)man to ask that they allow this :)

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2012
    Is there a package/discount price to purchase all the filters and options at once. Hopefully at a discount since I am a Smugger but also as the ability to just have all the filters and options available.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2012
    I bought them 9 at a time. Still a bit of a pain.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2012
    Is there a package/discount price to purchase all the filters and options at once. Hopefully at a discount since I am a Smugger but also as the ability to just have all the filters and options available.

Not today but it's something we're looking at!
  • Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    I was going to mention android, but you have clearly beaten me to!

Thanks for the "Awesome!" Job! :)
  • Options
    athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2012
    actually saying there are no awesome camera apps for Android is very wrong. Lightbox is a very awesome android camera app. So is PicSayPro. Vignette is not bad either.

for smugmug on my HTC Rezound the official app is pretty average. Smugfolio HD is far better, and it is recognized in the reviews on both. If a third party app developer can do better on Android for your official gallery management app, maybe you just need a better Android developer :)

really wanting this camera app on Android. wouldn't it make it easier if you only develop this for Gingerbread or higher phones?

definitely must be easier on the iPhone, but it should be. you are stuck with one size little 3.5"screen, one OS that limits you in many ways if you don't wish to be. it's great for many people, but life would be too easy if everything was exactly the same. i know a lot of people that can never go back to a 3.5" screen after using 4.3" android phones. and a lot of other things that are better for more tech savvy people.
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
  • Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2012
    Trying to set up Twitter link on Camera Awesome. I have multiple Twitter accounts. How can I select the account that I want to be the default?

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2012
    KMCC wrote: »
    Trying to set up Twitter link on Camera Awesome. I have multiple Twitter accounts. How can I select the account that I want to be the default?

be logged in to twitter on the account you want, then set up that acct in Camera Awesome.
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2012
    It's in my dock where I've never put anything before... I suppose that means I'm sold! :D
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2012
    Much, much kudos to Shisam and others for making a great app, and to SmugMug heads for giving it to all photographers!
  • Options
    shazza53shazza53 Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    Love the app. Is it possible to download photos from smugmug to the iPhone or iPad?
  • Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2012
    Share/upload to Instagram in the works?
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2012
    VelvtRide wrote: »
    Share/upload to Instagram in the works?

Cool suggestion! Thanks Velvt.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2012
    Cool suggestion! Thanks Velvt.

No, thank you! :D
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2012
    Anyone else having problems with iOS 5.1? I'm getting a lot of crashes.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with iOS 5.1? I'm getting a lot of crashes.

None here, but do write us http://help.smugmug.com and we can assist - thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2012
    None here, but do write us http://help.smugmug.com and we can assist - thanks!

Good to know! Request sent.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2012
    All fixed!
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    All fixed!
    Did you have to do anything?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2012
    Allen wrote: »
    Did you have to do anything?

I ended up deleting and reinstalling the app. I was able to save the one video that I cared about with iExplorer.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2012
    Some feedback:

Toggling on/off the awesomize button keeps some of the effects on the preview. If you choose not to keep the effects you have to click cancel or done before the photo reverts back.
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2012
    Not today but it's something we're looking at!

YES, bundling up all all the filters will be much appreciated Andy :)
  • Options
    karenpoorekarenpoore Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2012
    Disappointed with Smugmug
    How are your professional photographers reacting to the further watering down/commercialization of photography? "To trick your friends into thinking you’re a famous photographer."

Personally as just a user of Smugmug I am disappointed with this and plan to go elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2012
    karenpoore wrote: »
    How are your professional photographers reacting to the further watering down/commercialization of photography? "To trick your friends into thinking you’re a famous photographer."

Personally as just a user of Smugmug I am disappointed with this and plan to go elsewhere.

Right after launch we met with thousands of them at a big pro trade show, never heard your comment once from anyone :) And I've seen some pretty amazing iPhone photographs and even more amazing Camera Awesome photographs.

Can you tell me more about why you're disappointed, this is a very interesting post you've made...thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2012
    New Update Today!
    Instagram support, lock WB, pinch to zoom, in app tutes, revamped in-app bundled purchases, and more! Also featured on TechCrunch :D Reminder, there are 36 free filters, frames, effects and textures with the free app. But now you can order small bundles for .99 and the whole kit and kaboodle for $9.99. Also, we believe we're one of the first apps that if you purchase one set of stuff for say, .99, and then want the full monty, we'll reduce that credit that .99 towards the $9.99 :smo