Options

iPhone. Photography. Awesomized. Free.

Comments

• Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Instagram support, lock WB, pinch to zoom, in app tutes, revamped in-app bundled purchases, and more! Also featured on TechCrunch :D Reminder, there are 36 free filters, frames, effects and textures with the free app. But now you can order small bundles for .99 and the whole kit and kaboodle for $9.99. Also, we believe we're one of the first apps that if you purchase one set of stuff for say, .99, and then want the full monty, we'll reduce that credit that .99 towards the $9.99 :smo

I just downloaded and got the best surprise EVER! iloveyou.gif

"Unicorn Paradise: We love you! Thanks for being an early adopter, we've unlocked everything in the app for you."

Just one more reason to fall in love again with Smugmug.

I should mention that I've already spent close to $10 on filters and effects before the update. lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2012
    Quick question: Where would I find the set up for Instagram? I don't see it in the list?

I think I've figured it out. Is there no way to integrate it into the program? I'd like to be able to hit the one-click share to go to FB, SM and Instagram all at once.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    VelvtRide wrote: »
    Quick question: Where would I find the set up for Instagram? I don't see it in the list?

I think I've figured it out. Is there no way to integrate it into the program? I'd like to be able to hit the one-click share to go to FB, SM and Instagram all at once.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    bluesurfbluesurf Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    After the update, I'm running in to an issue. Any time on my iphone 4 with the latest OS I select to share with Smugmug, the app presents the "Preparing for sharing" message with the spinner, and progresses no further/does absolutely nothing. I've logged out the Smugmug association and added it back, with no effect. There are no other accounts (FB/Twitter/etc) logged in, and no other customizing/filtering. I haven't removed the app and added back in, but that's next.

Known issue?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    I'm having sharing and archiving issues as well. The partial fix is to leave the app, double-tap the home button to bring up the task bar, hold down on the app until it jiggles, click the minus icon to stop the application from being active, click the home button again and then re-open the app.

This works for me, although for archiving it gets through two images before it stops again. I've got a help request in to the help desk, and if I learn anything more I'll post it here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    I'm having sharing and archiving issues as well. The partial fix is to leave the app, double-tap the home button to bring up the task bar, hold down on the app until it jiggles, click the minus icon to stop the application from being active, click the home button again and then re-open the app.

This works for me, although for archiving it gets through two images before it stops again. I've got a help request in to the help desk, and if I learn anything more I'll post it here.

Thanks, David. I'm glad that you've found a workaround, but that is a rather onerous one.
    Unfortunately, I deleted the Smugshot app and that is no longer available in the app store. I'm currently offloading all of my iphone pictures, and will then remove, reboot, and re-add the CA app. I'll post up if that changes the behavior at all.

Please feel free to include me for any repro steps/data/help desk queries, thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2012
    bluesurf wrote: »
    Thanks, David. I'm glad that you've found a workaround, but that is a rather onerous one.
    Unfortunately, I deleted the Smugshot app and that is no longer available in the app store. I'm currently offloading all of my iphone pictures, and will then remove, reboot, and re-add the CA app. I'll post up if that changes the behavior at all.

Please feel free to include me for any repro steps/data/help desk queries, thanks.

As an aside, just because a purchased app is no longer available in the app store, doesn't mean you don't have access to it any longer. Just go into your past purchases and download from the cloud. :D
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012

It may sound complicated, but that procedure takes seconds. Easy peasy. Certainly a LOT easier than the course you're taking! deal.gif

Sharing worked fine after that fix. It's the archiving that I'm still having an issue with. And I don't rule out operator error (yet).

Keep us updated, I'm very interested in your progress. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    Latest update to CA doesn't upload to FB.. :-( Is it me? rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    It may sound complicated, but that procedure takes seconds. Easy peasy. Certainly a LOT easier than the course you're taking! deal.gif

Sharing worked fine after that fix. It's the archiving that I'm still having an issue with. And I don't rule out operator error (yet).

Are you "archiving over wifi only?" I can't imagine archiving over 3G....
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    Are you "archiving over wifi only?" I can't imagine archiving over 3G....

No, I'm not limiting it to WiFi.

When it works it's not the fastest thing in the world, but it works. When it doesn't, then it just doesn't. IOW, it's not network related, as far as I can tell. I can be sitting in the same spot and it archives a couple of images at speeds I would expect, and then nothing. I stop the process in the task bar, and it works again. It's odd.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Latest update to CA doesn't upload to FB.. :-( Is it me? rolleyes1.gif

Nik, I've moved this post to this thread. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    Nik, I've moved this post to this thread. thumb.gif

Thanks David! thumb.gif
    Can somebody advise is it me or is it the update? I tried to reset the connection to FB, it apparently went through OK but sharing from the app still doesn't work...:-(
    Adding the same photo via FB app itself worked fine (so I take it it's not the image). Camera Awseome SM and Twitter connection also seem to work w/o any issues (so it's not internet connection issue either)
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    Thanks David! thumb.gif
    Can somebody advise is it me or is it the update? I tried to reset the connection to FB, it apparently went through OK but sharing from the app still doesn't work...:-(
    Adding the same photo via FB app itself worked fine (so I take it it's not the image). Camera Awseome SM and Twitter connection also seem to work w/o any issues (so it's not internet connection issue either)

Works fine for me.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012

I deleted the app this morning, rebooted the phone, and re-added and authorized the app. Everything works again, and it only took ~5 minutes of time.

I also re-added Smugshot, just in case CA goes off the deep end again.
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    I tried to uninstall/reinstall - same thing :-(
    I kinda got partial workaround by setting a cross posting via Smugmug, which I then set to a 1-tap share, so it blasts to FB and Twitter streams. Still, having a working FB posting would be nice....
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    VelvtRide wrote: »
    I just downloaded and got the best surprise EVER! iloveyou.gif

"Unicorn Paradise: We love you! Thanks for being an early adopter, we've unlocked everything in the app for you."

Just one more reason to fall in love again with Smugmug.

I should mention that I've already spent close to $10 on filters and effects before the update. lol3.gif

Same here :-) I guess good things come to those who wait - the rest buy them first :-) mwink.gifrofl
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2012
    I tried to uninstall/reinstall - same thing :-(
    I kinda got partial workaround by setting a cross posting via Smugmug, which I then set to a 1-tap share, so it blasts to FB and Twitter streams. Still, having a working FB posting would be nice....

I'm curious if you rebooted the iphone &, if you had sync'd to your desktop after installing the CA app, then also removed the app from there between delete and reinstall.

I'm used to cleaning things on Windows and Linux, but not on the iphone, so I did remove all traces of the CA app I could find between the deletion and reinstall.

...my re-install of the CA app is still working, so fingers crossed.

Best of luck with it!
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2012
    I'm curious if you rebooted the iphone &, if you had sync'd to your desktop after installing the CA app, then also removed the app from there between delete and reinstall.

I'm used to cleaning things on Windows and Linux, but not on the iphone, so I did remove all traces of the CA app I could find between the deletion and reinstall.

...my re-install of the CA app is still working, so fingers crossed.

Best of luck with it!

It's iPad (the "new" one), not iPhone. And no, I didn't rebooted and resynced... Just unistalled/reinstalled... Waiting for SM support response...
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2012
    It's iPad (the "new" one), not iPhone. And no, I didn't rebooted and resynced... Just unistalled/reinstalled... Waiting for SM support response...

Nik: https://twitter.com/#!/DonMacAskill/status/187259414158393344
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2012

Thanks! I hope they will resolve it soon! thumb.gif
  • Options
    vrvincevrvince Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    Delete All?
    The size of the awesomize gallery is slowly increasing. I auto-copy to camera roll and mange media from there. Is there any way to Delete All, rather than one by one, or $35 iExplore app?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2012
    vrvince wrote: »
    The size of the awesomize gallery is slowly increasing. I auto-copy to camera roll and mange media from there. Is there any way to Delete All, rather than one by one, or $35 iExplore app?
    Not right now. Sorry.

As far as I can tell, iExplorer is still free and only for certain features you need to buy it. There's also the previous version 2 still available for download (just scroll down on the download page to the discontinued section).
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    Default filter and default frame in in one shot?
    Really enjoying the Camera Awesome app. Great job! I'm having a show this month with a bunch of awesomized pictures I made in the past 6 months.

Here is what I wish I could do and can't figure out if it's possible:
    While making photographs using the camera awesome camera, I would like to have all the awesomized options default to my own selected starting point:
    transform = square crop
    Presets = off
    Filters = Elite
    Textures = off
    Frames = Cracker

Love the results of the app, but I don't like having to do ALL the post ALL the time. It would be nice if I could skip some post steps.

thanks,
    Trish
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2012
    spider-t wrote: »
    Here is what I wish I could do and can't figure out if it's possible:
    While making photographs using the camera awesome camera, I would like to have all the awesomized options default to my own selected starting point:
    transform = square crop
    Presets = off
    Filters = Elite
    Textures = off
    Frames = Cracker
    While that's not an option right now, I passed your suggestion on to our team. Thanks!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    afgoodyafgoody Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 8, 2012
    In App Purchases
    I purchased the $10 get everything bundle in the app. Is there a way that I can also get the bundle on my wife's iPhone (different Apple ID) without having to pay again?
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2012
    afgoody wrote: »
    I purchased the $10 get everything bundle in the app. Is there a way that I can also get the bundle on my wife's iPhone (different Apple ID) without having to pay again?
    App and inapp purchases are per Apple ID and to my knowledge it's not possible to transfer any purchases to another Apple ID.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    piolet_rampepiolet_rampe Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2012
    Meanwhile the clock keeps ticking on that Android App
  • Options
    WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2012
    Meanwhile the clock keeps ticking on that Android App
    I always have to wonder just what goes on with this... I mean, there are so many more Android users. So why the heck does SmugMug (& a lot of other companies) jump on the iPhone stuff more quickly much of the time? It's a mystery. I read that the iPhone population is older & richer, so I suppose that equals power. To use the Chinese expression: "Ai-yaaaa!!"
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2012
    I always have to wonder just what goes on with this... I mean, there are so many more Android users. So why the heck does SmugMug (& a lot of other companies) jump on the iPhone stuff more quickly much of the time? It's a mystery. I read that the iPhone population is older & richer, so I suppose that equals power. To use the Chinese expression: "Ai-yaaaa!!"

Try to create a commercially sound android app - you'll get all the answers.
    Long story short: adroid app development is a *major* PITA.