Options

Report Dgrin Upgrade Bugs Here

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Restart, cleared cookies, still no worky.

David, clear your Safari cache. Safari works fine, Firefox works fine. I promise!
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Posting Trouble?
    If you are having trouble making a new post, using the post-creation/editing icons in the post editor - do the following:

LOGOFF DGRIN
    Clear your Dgrin Cookies
    Clear your browser's cache (temporary files)
    Log back on

This works for Firefox on Mac and Safari on Mac. I was able to just log on to IE on Win XP and everything was working fine. If you experience difficulty on IE on Win XP, then do the above steps.

If you STILL have trouble, report it here. We'll help you.

Thanks!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Hi rs, a lot of this is style- and browser- dependent it seems. I'm able to post, use all the post-creation/editing icons in Firefox no problem. I got the smilies box, too. Please logoff dgrin, clear your cookies for dgrin, and re-start your browser.

ear.gif
    Hmm...I logged off, cleared cookies from dgrin and digital grin and restarted Firefox (1.5 on Win2k). Still seeing white background and all the html markup in your post is visible. Smiley box doesn't open. Smileys that are visible can't be put into text. Enter key does not produce line break. Sorry, but there must be some other problem. BTW, I run adblock and flashblock extensions, though I shouldn't think that matters.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Hmm...I logged off, cleared cookies from dgrin and digital grin and restarted Firefox (1.5 on Win2k). Still seeing white background and all the html markup in your post is visible. Smiley box doesn't open. Smileys that are visible can't be put into text. Enter key does not produce line break. Sorry, but there must be some other problem. BTW, I run adblock and flashblock extensions, though I shouldn't think that matters.

What style are you using, DEFAULT, TEST, WHITE? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    What style are you using, DEFAULT, TEST, WHITE? ear.gif
    Default. OK now:D. I had to clear the Firefox cache in addition to the other steps.

Thx.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    In da House
    This is a new feature, I think. It's on the home page just abouve the list of users logged in. Click on it and see what each user is doing. What threads s/he is reading, replying to, etc.

I think this is a privacy issue. Well, that's not exactly what I think. I think it's a privacy issue if people don't know about it. So that's the purpose of this post, to let people know that others can see what they are up to on dgrin. Turning off the feature doesn't really remove the issue because I assume that moderators or at least admins could still access it.

I think a description of the privacy of dgrin should ba a part of the dgrin FAQ.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    This is a new feature, I think. It's on the home page just abouve the list of users logged in. Click on it and see what each user is doing. What threads s/he is reading, replying to, etc.

I think this is a privacy issue. Well, that's not exactly what I think. I think it's a privacy issue if people don't know about it. So that's the purpose of this post, to let people know that others can see what they are up to on dgrin. Turning off the feature doesn't really remove the issue because I assume that moderators or at least admins could still access it.

I think a description of the privacy of dgrin should ba a part of the dgrin FAQ.
    Hey, as long as they can't see what I'm thinking, I don't have a problem with it. rolleyes1.gif

Seriously, you have a good point. Some people are very sensitive to this issue. I'm not sure what purpose it serves. Knowing someone is online--and perhaps the timestamp of their last activity--seems like enough information to me.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:

Rutt - it's been there since December 2003. No secrets here, it's been on the front page since inception. It used to be called "Who's Online."
  • Options
    grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Nice!
    Andy wrote:
    If you are having trouble making a new post, using the post-creation/editing icons in the post editor - do the following:

LOGOFF DGRIN
    Clear your Dgrin Cookies
    Clear your browser's cache (temporary files)
    Log back on

This works for Firefox on Mac and Safari on Mac. I was able to just log on to IE on Win XP and everything was working fine. If you experience difficulty on IE on Win XP, then do the above steps.

If you STILL have trouble, report it here. We'll help you.

Thanks!
    I can post to Dgrin again. Thanks for your help, Andy. :):
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    I can post to Dgrin again. Thanks for your help, Andy. :):

clap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Rutt - it's been there since December 2003. No secrets here, it's been on the front page since inception. It used to be called "Who's Online."

I guess I never clicked on it before since it didn't have such a catchy name.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I guess I never clicked on it before since it didn't have such a catchy name.

Y'see - humor has it's place, right Rutt lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Y'see - humor has it's place, right Rutt lol3.gif

Andy, I get the feeling you think I'm humor impaired, err challenged. Could that be? Maybe you measure humor by the volume of smilies posted?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Andy, I get the feeling you think I'm humor impaired, err challenged. Could that be? Maybe you measure humor by the volume of smilies posted?

Naw I'm just bustin' onya!
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:

If you choose Invisible Mode in the Control Panel>Edit Options you should not show up to other users, only Admins/Mods.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    When adding a link with the Standard Editor I don't get the same pop up I used to get, first giving the option to add the text I want, then adding the URL, now it just allows for the URL.

When adding Bold, etc it does not give me a popup window, it just puts the code in the reply window.

I have the same issue with ADVrider now. Safari Version 2.0.2 (416.13). ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Testing in Firefox 1.5 shows that the standard editor works better than Safari, instead of the old way of linking, enter text then URL, now just enter the URL, it leaves the text portion highlighted in the reply window so you can easily change it. The same with Bold, etc. It puts the cursor in the write spot to add your text directly. Safari does not do this.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    The IM-icons (AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN) somehow look badly cut out with their greyish borders. Maybe someone can put in the old ones which were just fine. The new icons even came before the board-update as far as I can recall.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    If you choose Invisible Mode in the Control Panel>Edit Options you should not show up to other users, only Admins/Mods.

nod.gif Indeed, this is a truism.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    The IM-icons (AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN) somehow look badly cut out with their greyish borders. Maybe someone can put in the old ones which were just fine. The new icons even came before the board-update as far as I can recall.

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Already noted - thanks. It's not the icons - I have to set the image processor for Dgrin. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Already noted - thanks. It's not the icons - I have to set the image processor for Dgrin. Stay tuned.
    There's a processor (CPU!? :D ) just for the IM-icons as the other pictures seem to be fine? rolleyes1.giflol3.gif
    Good you're already on it.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    There's a processor (CPU!? :D ) just for the IM-icons as the other pictures seem to be fine? rolleyes1.giflol3.gif
    Good you're already on it.

Sebastian

Naw - just a renderer...
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Naw - just a renderer...

Hey, Andy. It works now. Nice job.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    It's all coming together very nicely. One new feature I really like: inline message edits.

Is there a similar feature for replies that can be enabled? Like on FM, you can always reply to a thread at the bottom of the screen without entering a special mode.

Still my favorite new feature is being able to edit in WYSIWYG mode without losing everything by going forward or backward.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    It's all coming together very nicely. One new feature I really like: inline message edits.

Is there a similar feature for replies that can be enabled? Like on FM, you can always reply to a thread at the bottom of the screen without entering a special mode.

Still my favorite new feature is being able to edit in WYSIWYG mode without losing everything by going forward or backward.

Rutt, just hit "reply" (shown on pic below) lower left after the last post, or top left before the first post. This is a reply with no quotation of a prior poster.
    What you are referring to on FM is called "quick reply" and we're not doing that, as what I'm describing gives you the same function.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 17, 2005
    Ewwww, nasty, those did look bad. Replaced.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Rutt, just hit "reply" (shown on pic below) lower left after the last post, or top left before the first post. This is a reply with no quotation of a prior poster.
    What you are referring to on FM is called "quick reply" and we're not doing that, as what I'm describing gives you the same function.

Yeah, I know about that, but FM's quick reply is a little more convenient, just like the inline editing as the default is a little more convienient. One very nice thing about quick reply, is that you can do it on any page, so you can see just the context of the thread you want while replying.

In any case, it doesn't actually matter much. Browser tabs, the reply function we actually do have, I can do what I want easily enough. I just wondered if there was a feature that we could just enable easily.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 17, 2005
    I turned on no-cache headers for awhile which has a performance hit but may help with the cache problems so many people are reporting.

Your browsers are trying to mix new stuff with old that's cached because you've browsed the forums before.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Yeah, I know about that, but FM's quick reply is a little more convenient,

But the *problem* with Quick Reply, Rutt, is that people use it instead of quoting, and then they make their replies, and the replies are out of context. Quick Reply = feh.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    But the *problem* with Quick Reply, Rutt, is that people use it instead of quoting, and then they make their replies, and the replies are out of context. Quick Reply = feh.

I like a good reason when I know about it. Thank you.
    If not now, when?