Options

Report Dgrin Upgrade Bugs Here

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    Ewwww, nasty, those did look bad. Replaced.
    Looks much better again. thumb.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited December 17, 2005
    What do ya'll want to do about the lame-looking icons to show whether dgrinners are online and to report bad posts? (They're in the lower left below location, avatar, etc., when you're reading someone's post.)

We coould:

1. Dump the who's online icon.
    2. Get a better icon.
    3. Change it to a link.

Same goes for reporting bad post.

At ADVrider, we dumped the who's online icon and we changed the reporting bad post icon into a link that says Blame Andy.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    What do ya'll want to do about the lame-looking icons to show whether dgrinners are online and to report bad posts?

I sort of like these now that I know what they are. They don't take up much screen space or do any harm that I can see. (But, I ended up reporting your post as bad while figuring that out.) What about just a little more text to make them more nonintuitive? (that might be option 3 on your list.)
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    When adding a link with the Standard Editor I don't get the same pop up I used to get, first giving the option to add the text I want, then adding the URL, now it just allows for the URL.

When adding Bold, etc it does not give me a popup window, it just puts the code in the reply window.

I have the same issue with ADVrider now. Safari Version 2.0.2 (416.13). ne_nau.gif
    Same here and also at ADV. nod.gif Two different Mozilla browsers.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Same here and also at ADV. nod.gif Two different Mozilla browsers.
    They changed the user interface because people weren't getting the old way.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    A feature I used all the time is gone now. Highlight the URL of an image, then click the "Insert Image" button. Used to wrap the highlighted text in IMG vtags. Now just pops up the window. Please, can this feature be restored?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    A feature I used all the time is gone now. Highlight the URL of an image, then click the "Insert Image" button. Used to wrap the highlighted text in IMG vtags. Now just pops up the window. Please, can this feature be restored?

Please, can you work around it and we'll take a look at it.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:

Do you mean it's too hard to hit "paste" or cmd-v in the pop-up headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Do you mean it's too hard to hit "paste" or cmd-v in the pop-up headscratch.gif

I will live with this, but it would be nice if it were reenabled, especially if it's just a matter of a checkbox or something somewhere.

I liked the feature because I could compose the text of the message before inserting the image links. Or I could add a new image link into the middle of a message. Then I'd drop the image links into the text, highlight them and hit the "Insert Link" button. Of course, there are other ways to do it, e.g., typing the image links myself, but I got used to this and it became a habit.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    I have logged out, done the cookie things, the cache, etc. Also shopped at Amazon which went fine.

Now I am checking to see if this works better for me.ne_nau.gif Well, that popped up.thumb.gif And that thingy came back.

Now, just to see if things stay separated.

I have no idea of the things the rest of you are talking about, probably because I never knew how to use them in the first place. I am assuming that I can still add photos.

It looks like I can. I have never figured out the links, and I probably won't until Lynne explains them, and since I haven't even asked her to do that, it probably will be awhile.

No, a search would be futile. My vocabulary is tech non existent.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Firefox 1.5, WinXP here. None of the formatting, link insert, photo insert etc. buttons work at all. ToolTip for the upper right-hand corner icon (up-and-down arrows, two letter "A"s) says "Switch Editor Mode" but does nothing. Clicking on the Smilies does nothing. interesting - I tried (in another post) to use square-bracket BBCode to insert an image, hit preview and it changed it automatcially to an html angle-bracket img tag.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    StevenV wrote:
    Firefox 1.5, WinXP here. None of the formatting, link insert, photo insert etc. buttons work at all. ToolTip for the upper right-hand corner icon (up-and-down arrows, two letter "A"s) says "Switch Editor Mode" but does nothing. Clicking on the Smilies does nothing. interesting - I tried (in another post) to use square-bracket BBCode to insert an image, hit preview and it changed it automatcially to an html angle-bracket img tag.

Did you try clearing your cache?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy, can you bring back the clickable locations pointing to google maps? mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    They changed the user interface because people weren't getting the old way.
    headscratch.gif I assume you're not referring to the link button not working? ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Did you try clearing your cache?

Ahhh. pirate_icon.gif That feels much better, thanks. :D
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    Andy, can you bring back the clickable locations pointing to google maps? mwink.gif

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Working on it....
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    headscratch.gif I assume you're not referring to the link button not working? ne_nau.gif
    I don't know why the link button isn't working on your machine. Do you have Javascript enabled and able to pop up a window?
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    I don't know why the link button isn't working on your machine. Do you have Javascript enabled and able to pop up a window?
    Yessir. Same deal on 3 different machines, all on Mozilla/SP. Dgrin and ADV. ne_nau.gif I can paste the link, but not any text.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    This is a test.

Are we speaking about the same thing? The world icon with a chain link at the bottom of it?

You highlight a word, click that button, a small popup comes up, you paste in the URL, and the word you highlighted turns into a link. Doesn't work on your machines?
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Baldy wrote:
    This is a test.

Are we speaking about the same thing? The world icon with a chain link at the bottom of it?

You highlight a word, click that button, a small popup comes up, you paste in the URL, and the word you highlighted turns into a link. Doesn't work on your machines?

Highlight a word? headscratch.gif Thanks for the tip. First I've heard of doing it that way. Absolutely, it works.

Until this software upgrade, I've clicked on the chain link planet and entered my copy, clicked OK then entered my URL, clicked OK. Interesting change, thanks for the instructional.
    Sid.
  • Options
    luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    XML processing issue
    I don't know whether this is an ugrade bug or not, but when someone has some time, is there any chance we could have a

[ literal ]

[ /literal ]

tag adding?

I'm having even worse problems posting XML in the API forum than before (and that's saying quite a lot).

A month or so ago the procedure that worked was:

Copy from Etherial into WordPad
    Manually add CR+LF characters
    Add [code] tags with 3 blank lines
    Disable processing links
    Hit paste and fall wait whilst the browser did nothing but maxed the CPU for up to a minute (both IE and Firefox)
    Post, but never, ever try and edit the post again without repeating the above.

However, even this sequence of mystical magic no longer seems to work. If you want an example

Take the code from:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=213748#post213748

and replace the &lt with < and it might break hideously despite me having followed the above... It's likely to make Don's job a bit harder if he has to replace lt with < all over the place...

I know this isn't SM's fault, but the ability to turn off all of vB's processing except its security sensitive santisation would really make life quicker... (Currently it sometimes takes me more time to report bugs than to find them!)

If it's something that by browser is doing, then of course I'll try whatever you suggest :):

All the best, :):

Luke
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    I don't know whether this is an ugrade bug or not, but when someone has some time, is there any chance we could have a

If it's something that by browser is doing, then of course I'll try whatever you suggest :):

All the best, :):

Luke

I'll ask Baldwanna to look into it. Thanks Luke.
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Highlight a word? headscratch.gif Thanks for the tip. First I've heard of doing it that way. Absolutely, it works.

Very cool.

I also like the double arrows that allow the reply window to be enlarged.
  • Options
    behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Guys maybe logout, clear your cookies etc
    I'm alternating between firefox and safari and having zero troubles with the things you are reporting - please try again and i'll check when i land tomorrow in It's all working - buttonwise, for me - here's a pic I posted with the buttons...
    Ok, how about this. Per your suggestion I logged out and closed my browser, Fixfire 1.5. Re-opened browser and I'm still logged in and the message buttons still don't work. Bear
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    Ok, how about this. Per your suggestion I logged out and closed my browser, Fixfire 1.5. Re-opened browser and I'm still logged in and the message buttons still don't work. Bear

Logging out and on isn't enough. You have to clear your browser cache.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited December 18, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    I had some problems with Firefox 1.5 too at first. You also need to clear the cookies from dgrin.com and digitalgrin.com and clear the browser cache as well. Then restart Firefox and log in to dgrin.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Logging out and on isn't enough. You have to clear your browser cache.

I don't know how many times I can say it lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    I don't know how many times I can say it lol3.gif
    Say it again Andy. I've cleared all cookies that refer to digital grin and yet I'm still logged in after logging out and closing the browser and opening the browser again. Bear
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    This is a Foxfire thing. When I use IE6 I am able to log out successfully. And the message buttons work.

Bear
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2005
    behr655 wrote:
    Say it again Andy. I've cleared all cookies that refer to digital grin and yet I'm still logged in after logging out and closing the browser and opening the browser again. Bear

Bear - clearing cookies is not the same as clearing cache (temporary files). Log out first. Then Look for cookies related to dgrin.com and digitalgrin.com, delete them all. Then delete all temporary (cache) files.

ear.gif