Post your Rust Junkie shots here!

124»

Comments

• pegellipegelli Major grins BelgiumPosts: 3,007Registered Users Major grins

No more rust junkie shots since late October? Time to change that o:)

When we moved into our current house 20 years ago we retired the gas-oil heater and converted to natural gas. To comply with environmental legislation we recently had the idle gas-oil tank cleaned and filled with PUR foam.
    After the cleaning and before putting the foam in I put my camera on a monopod, set the self timer to 10 seconds and hung it through the open manhole. Here's the result which fits this thread quite well :)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

The rust junkies seem to have gone quiet :(

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • JAGJAG Photomaniac Wasilla, AKPosts: 5,401Super Moderators moderator
    edited February 1, 2017

Cool rusty shots! These are from Hatcher's Pass in Alaska,,at the Independence Mine

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 6,872Registered Users Major grins

Sweet set JAG!

• KevXmanKevXman Always grinning! Posts: 945Registered Users Major grins

2 3/4

_
    _

Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • travelwaystravelways Candid Grinner Ottawa, CanadaPosts: 7,851Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 7, 2017

Very nice! Hey Kevin, where have you reappeared from? :)

Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • KevXmanKevXman Always grinning! Posts: 945Registered Users Major grins

@travelways said:

Very nice! Hey Kevin, where have you reappeared from? :)

Hi Tatiana! Life got in the way. Hopefully I'll be able to get behind the camera more. Maybe I won't be such a stranger around here. :-)

Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Posts: 1,465Registered Users Major grins

Stephentown junkyard, a nice old Packard

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,129Registered Users Major grins

@willard3 said:
    Stephentown junkyard, a nice old Packard

Dang, the hardcore bunch of us need to hang a " Masters " jacket on you. Your terrific PP work on this one is pure Rust Junkie stuff.... absolutely. Well done, willard.That one subject could keep me busy for a week.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Gracias, Tom.

I spent a day in this junkyard and you can join me any time you want.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 2,947Registered Users Major grins
    edited March 26, 2017

@pegelli said:
    No more rust junkie shots since late October? Time to change that o:)

When we moved into our current house 20 years ago we retired the gas-oil heater and converted to natural gas. To comply with environmental legislation we recently had the idle gas-oil tank cleaned and filled with PUR foam.
    After the cleaning and before putting the foam in I put my camera on a monopod, set the self timer to 10 seconds and hung it through the open manhole. Here's the result which fits this thread quite well :)

This is wonderful, well done. (I don't know how to make the pics smaller in a comment)

• Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,769Registered Users Many Grins

Jørgen Bjerring
    Photos: https://jb-photos.smugmug.com/
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

• Jørgen_BjerringJørgen_Bjerring Copenhagen, DenmarkPosts: 3,769Registered Users Many Grins

Jørgen Bjerring
    The one who takes a joke only for a joke and seriousness only seriously he and she have got both badly. Grook by Piet Hein in my poor translation.

Jørgen Bjerring

@Juano said:

This is wonderful, well done. (I don't know how to make the pics smaller in a comment)

Just change the /O/ in the picture link to /S/ and you're in business.

But thanks for the comment anyway (I don't mind my pictures to show large in a comment ;) )

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 17,960Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

I haven't done of these for ages.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 6,872Registered Users Major grins

Cool rust shot Richard!

Wavy rust pattern

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,129Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 20, 2017

You ought to do more of this kind of stuff, Richard. The abstract of yours above is terrific.

Tom

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
  • RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 17,960Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

Thanks, Taz and Tom.

Pieter: that's a fascinating one. The shadows and 3D feeling set it apart from the others. Well done. I can see some sort of surreal water and sky thing, which would be enhanced if you did a panoramic crop eliminating most of the blue from the bottom

Pieter that is great!

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyPosts: 1,773Registered Users Major grins
    edited October 9, 2017

A few rust shots from vacation in Burgundy:

Jørgen Bjerring

• cletuscletus Master of Craposition Posts: 1,915Registered Users Major grins

I loves me some rust!

Belton Missouri has a little historic train yard with a handful of coaches and a couple old engines in pitiful shape. One of those engines is a little green switcher. Ugly as sin but if you get good morning or afternoon light the rust and peeling green paint absolutely sing.

The digital grin photography forum's only slack-jawed moderator.
    ab0wa.smugmug.com

What this is besides rust I don't know

Jørgen Bjerring

• JAGJAG Photomaniac Wasilla, AKPosts: 5,401Super Moderators moderator

Jørgen Bjerring

Not too junkified, still quite rusty

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
124»