DGrin is Now on Vanilla Forums

1101112131416»

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,316Super Moderators moderator

@Richard said:
    ... With the WYSIWYG, there's no need to preview. The are a few things that work better--you can delete a draft and it goes away, for example--and a couple of things like text alignment or html view that probably don't matter to anyone.

The ability to delete a draft is something that is sorely lacking - I discovered that if I have drafts I don't need I can delete them from my phone but I couldn't find a delete option from a browser on something larger than a mobile phone.

I also think a WYSIWYG editor would be a good thing.

• FergusonFerguson Major grins Posts: 1,257Registered Users Major grins

Hey, it's working, the last email included the text of the comment. Very nice!

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Walkin' like a Penguin! Atwater, CaPosts: 4,304Registered Users Major grins

@Richard said:

@Hikin' Mike said:
    Just posted some code and the format isn't working correctly. The "greater than" ( '>' ) shows >.

It looks like this has been fixed. Thanks for calling it to our attention.

Yay!!! Thanks!

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Walkin' like a Penguin! Atwater, CaPosts: 4,304Registered Users Major grins

@leftquark said:

You'd be surprised the # of people who write in telling me they need more text based formatting options. I'm fine with a WYSIWIG editor but I also love that I can type formatting as well (markdown). I'll let dgrinners decide what they want, though.

I like the markup personally.

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Commercial Photographer San Francisco's North BayPosts: 2,294Registered Users Major grins

While I'm a fan of the WYSIWYG, I would like to see those who help us with the code have a little more weight to their vote, even if they want something different than I do. Just my opinion.

Steve

Website
  • jemostromjemostrom Chief Master of Weirdness Posts: 120Registered Users Major grins

Quick question: is the new dgrin forum going to get an option to have dark text on light background? (no, it's not just that I like this better, I actually have problems with my eyes that makes it difficult to read ... for example after spending about 3 min reading the forum I now have all kinds of strange artefacts visible when I look at something on-screen or off-screen)

Jan Erik Moström
  • leftquarkleftquark SmugMug Product Team Posts: 3,486Administrators, Vanilla Admin, SmugMug Product Team SmugMug Employee

@jemostrom said:
    Quick question: is the new dgrin forum going to get an option to have dark text on light background? (no, it's not just that I like this better, I actually have problems with my eyes that makes it difficult to read ... for example after spending about 3 min reading the forum I now have all kinds of strange artefacts visible when I look at something on-screen or off-screen)

unfortunately vanilla doesn't support multiple themes at this time.

SmugMug Director of Product / dGrin Afficionado
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • jemostromjemostrom Chief Master of Weirdness Posts: 120Registered Users Major grins

@leftquark said:

OK ... I'll check again a few months (hoping they have implemented it)

Jan Erik Moström
  • WoodButch4WoodButch4 Beginner grinner Posts: 23Registered Users Big grins

@jemostrom said:

@leftquark said:

OK ... I'll check again a few months (hoping they have implemented it)

I'm in the same boat. I check back in every month or two. No new way to view so I move on. If it weren't for using this for smugmug support, I'd drop my account. Fortunately SM is pretty solid and I don't need help often.

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandPosts: 12,330Administrators moderator

@denisegoldberg said:
    The ability to delete a draft is something that is sorely lacking - I discovered that if I have drafts I don't need I can delete them from my phone but I couldn't find a delete option from a browser on something larger than a mobile phone.

I also think a WYSIWYG editor would be a good thing.

Denise, the drafts work fine for me by going to:

https://dgrin.com/drafts

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,316Super Moderators moderator

@David_S85 said:
    Denise, the drafts work fine for me by going to:
    https://dgrin.com/drafts

Thanks David!

I'm not sure how I missed that (given that I found it on the mobile site).