Options

Protest against cartoon controversy

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited February 18, 2006 in The Big Picture
This was protest of student of religious institute this was call of larg protest on sunday where i am not going now beocuse CLash with police is sure and they beat a lot :D Becouse to restore Law in order protests are banned for time being
This shot was taken in Mosque before the protest People prayed fo justice from God he was unable to control his emotions
56641114-M.jpg

56641749-M.jpg
My fav he was sitting on high place with Flag
56642726-M.jpg
Fake DOF in PS
56642343-M.jpg

56641743-M.jpg

56641111-M.jpg

56642338-M.jpg

56642342-M.jpg

56642340-M.jpg

56642727-M.jpg

56641115-M.jpg
This road leads to ambassies and all that place
56641118-M.jpg

If you want to see larg images and more ( i wonder why i cannot see some images in post after editing it can you all images i posted in thread ? )

http://awais.smugmug.com/gallery/1192488 updated same old gallery if anybody want to discuss i am available on PM and Email
Shukriya
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    Awais, you really captured this event very well. The photos are powerful, good PJ work.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Awais, you really captured this event very well. The photos are powerful, good PJ work.
    Shukriya Andi thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    Hi Awis,

Totally agree with Andy, the PJ work is spot on and some very powerful images.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more from your part of the world.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    good job capturing such emotion,
    my emotions can't help but be stirred when looking at your photos. So sad that people feel the need to react in such an unloving way.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    TassieD wrote:
    Hi Awis,

Totally agree with Andy, the PJ work is spot on and some very powerful images.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more from your part of the world.

Shukriya David thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    Tessa HD wrote:
    my emotions can't help but be stirred when looking at your photos. So sad that people feel the need to react in such an unloving way.

Tessa
    Shukriya Tessa people here think this is most effective way if you read my gallery comments you cannot even judge who is talking wisely both side have problems mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 13, 2006
    i looked through your gallery, and this photo grabbed me the strongest. Especially the child looking over his shoulder. He looks so scared.

It makes me so sad, just let the children play. Let them have their innocence.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    Tessa HD wrote:

Tessa

I agree with you, Tessa

I understand that muslims' feelings have been hurt and that they want to protest that, that's OK. It's their right. But i don't like the way it is done; asking for destruction, asking for killing. Is that the way of Islam?

And where are the protests when the umptieth car-bomb explodes killing scores of people (mostly muslims)!?

And not everyone believes in Allah, God or any other diety. I think the danish newspaper tried to make a statement that it is sad that so much killing is going on in the name of islam.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    i looked through your gallery, and this photo grabbed me the strongest. Especially the child looking over his shoulder. He looks so scared.

It makes me so sad, just let the children play. Let them have their innocence.

ne_nau.gif
    They say "if we left our kids in play gorounds for only play and when we will be invaded like iraq they will be tortured like iraqi youth"

This is normal for us do you know kid is wearing cloths worn by dead person before burial This is just demonstration to show what is value of Prophet Muhammad for one Muslim they are not going to push kids into battel fields
    clap.gif
    Shukriya for looking

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    I agree with you, Tessa

I understand that muslims' feelings have been hurt and that they want to protest that, that's OK. It's their right. But i don't like the way it is done; asking for destruction, asking for killing. Is that the way of Islam?

And where are the protests when the umptieth car-bomb explodes killing scores of people (mostly muslims)!?

And not everyone believes in Allah, God or any other diety. I think the danish newspaper tried to make a statement that it is sad that so much killing is going on in the name of islam.
    Salam
    Islam never ever say kill anybody what ever his faith is nor force them to anything and one who kills anybody will be accountable for what he do as muslims are not pre forgiven by God
    Prophet Muhammad forgave a women who throw garbage on him when she was not there Prophet visited her and asked if she was good she was suffuring with illness Muhammad gave her water this attitud of Muhmmad turned that women in Muslim thats how Islam has spread in the worl and Islam teaches exactly same bhaviour
    And now why people are demanding death for that person ? well muslim love Prophet Muhammad more then parents and this world it is natural reaction if sombody degrade your spiritual leader and Muslim countires hae Law to punish one who degrade Prophets(Jesus,Moses,Muhammad..etc) so this is crime here no one can even imagin it.As you know people are very sensitive for religion and everyone know what can be the reaction of people and publishing cartoons without any context and then lame excuses is just unacceptable those cartoons were delebrately published to disturb peace of world.if punishing what ever jail or what ever best suits them can bring the peace of world back and can calm 1 billion people of the world is good idea

Shukriya

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    Salam
    Islam never ever say kill anybody what ever his faith is nor force them to anything and one who kills anybody will be accountable for what he do as muslims are not pre forgiven by God
    Prophet Muhammad forgave a women who throw garbage on him when she was not there Prophet visited her and asked if she was good she was suffuring with illness Muhammad gave her water this attitud of Muhmmad turned that women in Muslim thats how Islam has spread in the worl and Islam teaches exactly same bhaviour
    And now why people are demanding death for that person ? well muslim love Prophet Muhammad more then parents and this world it is natural reaction if sombody degrade your spiritual leader and Muslim countires hae Law to punish one who degrade Prophets(Jesus,Moses,Muhammad..etc) so this is crime here no one can even imagin it.As you know people are very sensitive for religion and everyone know what can be the reaction of people and publishing cartoons without any context and then lame excuses is just unacceptable those cartoons were delebrately published to disturb peace of world.if punishing what ever jail or what ever best suits them can bring the peace of world back and can calm 1 billion people of the world is good idea

Shukriya

Exactly, it is a faith of peace.
    But i don't think it is normal (or natural) to chant for someone's death if he has offended you.

And to jail the editor/drawer of the cartoon!? I don't think so! That's not how it works here. In Denmark, USA, Holland, etc., most of the western countries you don't go to jail if you have offended someone (currently living or someone from the past, even if he is a saint or prophet). There are many cartoons/stories/articles here that offend the pope, jews, christians, you name it. Are they insensitive or offensive sometimes? Yes they are. And some of them should not have been written/drawn. But being rude/offensive is not a crime.

If the cartoon was drawn deliberately to incite hatred against muslims, to incite violence, then the publisher can be punished.

in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
  • Options
    AnsonAnson Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    Awais
    You and your country are not alone in holding your breath, wondering what the Bush (USA) Gov't is going to do next -with or without consent of our elected officials-
    ....the entire planet including half of the American population also holds their breath, wondering the same thing..
    America, without question, has stirred one very large, dangerous mess around the world!

USA had every right to go after Al-Qaeda, but along the way America decided to take a huge and unnecessary detour into Iraq...thus causing these very dangerous times around the world..
    Yes, we (USA) broke it and now we find ourselves powerless to fix it, so perhaps we will just continue to break things.

There are rumours that Americas next target is either Canada (for their oil and water) or Tahiti for their (Tamanu oil)

stay tuned!

"The era of easy oil is over."
    http://www.alternet.org/story/32077/
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    Anson wrote:

"The era of easy oil is over."
    http://www.alternet.org/story/32077/
    Shukriya for looking Btw i sometimes think what will happen to F-16s and bombers etc and Billion $$$$$$ missels when no energy will be left
    i.e Gas Oil etcclap.gif and alternate dont seem to pump much energy in them

will they sell for value of scrap ?

My Gallery
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    Anson wrote:
    There are rumours that Americas next target is either Canada (for their oil and water) or Tahiti for their (Tamanu oil)

Australia has only got 3 drums left & one has a dead possum in it....move along...nothing to see here.
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    Angelo wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

wave.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    You were in the middle of it there awais...great shots.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 13, 2006
    Awais, you have a great PJ eye and those photos are indeed compelling.

I will limit my political comment to: wow, this is not ok! kids have no business protesting, they should be playing football. Any dirty comic is better than children saying they will "die for a cause". This really, really makes me sad.
    :cry

56021543-S.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Awais, you have a great PJ eye and those photos are indeed compelling.

I will limit my political comment to: wow, this is not ok! kids have no business protesting, they should be playing football. Any dirty comic is better than children saying they will "die for a cause". This really, really makes me sad.
    :cry

56021543-S.jpg

What made his parent to do that ?
    how world reached at this point ?
    do you think his parents dont love him ?
    Thanks for appreciation

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    You were in the middle of it there awais...great shots.

Shukriya Humungus thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2006
    A little bit of humor
    ...other diety. I think the danish newspaper tried to make a statement that it is sad that ....

To insert a little humor:
    Guess what 80's tune the Danish Olympic team was greeted with when it entered the stadium during the opening's ceremony..
    "O Lord, Don't let me be misunderstood" from "The Animals".... :D

in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
  • Options
    amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2006
    As you know people are very sensitive for religion and everyone know what can be the reaction of people and publishing cartoons without any context and then lame excuses is just unacceptable

last time I checked it was a free planet.

In other words Islam is not in charge of it.

There might be a few things going on in your reality that other people might call unacceptable.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    amadeus wrote:
    last time I checked it was a free planet.

You may live in a free country, that doesn't mean this is a free planet. That said, surely you support people's right to protest?
    amadeus wrote:
    In other words Islam is not in charge of it.

There might be a few things going on in your reality that other people might call unacceptable.

That's the interesting thing about the world. Not everyone sees things the same way. Fortunately, the camera lets us all see things as they are. The shots are quite interesting I think.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    Thanks everybody
    i have read
    Mental filters of 2 people can never match and there is a reaction of action ne_nau.gif
    Thank you Mike

My Gallery
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited February 14, 2006
    What troubles me most is that the signs are all of the same type and
    manufacture. Almost like signing a petition or worse, filling in a form
    letter of protest. Myself, I prefer to write my own protest letters.

Good work capturing the event and some of the emotion.

ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    reminder: dgrin is "all about the pictures"
    (plenty of other places to discuss politics)

Powerful images Awais!
  • Options
    JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    gubbs wrote:
    reminder: dgrin is "all about the pictures"
    (plenty of other places to discuss politics)

Powerful images Awais!

Quite Right.

Very good photos Awais I would like to have seen this first hand myself.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Good work there Awais, the photos and QT clip are very revealing of the events. Cultures can be so different, tolerance is not a globally accepted view point, I can't count the number of times my faith has been offended in such a manor, but no violence. Thanks for the window into you culture, it is greatly appreciated

James.
  • Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2006
    Interesting shots and a good view into protest in Pakistan. It's just a shame it shows your fellow countrymen acting so badly.

I like the use of the headless dummies. I'm guessing it's to signify the beheading of westerners. How very original.
    Not something we tend to do over here, beheading people, but I'm sure it's far more offensive to draw a cartoon than it is to post video of western hostages being beheaded or to make these dummies for burning in your streets. What is this fascination with beheading? Wierd...

I wonder how safe is your homeland for visitors at the moment? If I had stood next to you and also taken photo's would I have been burnt or beaten? Are we all infidel to your countrymen? I hope not.

I look forward to seeing all those children growing up into good solid citizens who are ready to take on the difficult task of dragging, bla bla bla...

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed your pic's but sorry I'm not more positive about the content.

Bod.

I'm just back from a month travelling part of the African line between Black Africa and the Muslim north. A divide that has caused war, death slavery and poverty since the dawn of time. I'm pleased to report calm in West Africa and a good outlook for the future. Modern free-thinking youth are led by some older westernised gentlemen who seem able to grasp concepts that can only lead to a better future for them all.
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2006
    Salam Bodwick
    You can visit Pakistan and if you stood with me no one will dare to harm you.Just fight back to violent protesters and i am good at it clap.gif
    Headless dummy ? thats becouse Islam do not allow sculptures or dummies this needs long explaination
    If movie of beheading a Muslim man killing them is on air no one will be to much aggresive.
    Thanks

My Gallery