Options

Foreign currency transactions

Comments

• Options
    FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    I'm really not going to say. But it's a huge high priority project for us.

It's good to hear that - and it's a LOT more positive than back at the start of this thread (in 2006).

So - it only remains for me to wish you and all at SM a Happy Christmas/Happy Holiday.
  • Options
    PierreBPierreB Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2011
    Here's hoping it will be sooner. Its been my main worry when debating between SM and other sites (or my own, which I have now).
    SM has some nice features, and I'm in for a year of pro. We'll see after that.
    "If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough."
    - Robert Capa

• Options
    ErkkiErkki Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    We need the euro for this to be anything serious!

And what is this about sending checks to international smugmug pros? If I go to the bank with a check here in Finland they will laugh me out! I remember my mother used checks in the 1970's - after that we have not seen them.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2011
    Erkki wrote: »
    We need the euro for this to be anything serious!
    I agree!
    And what is this about sending checks to international smugmug pros? If I go to the bank with a check here in Finland they will laugh me out! I remember my mother used checks in the 1970's - after that we have not seen them.
    We're going to pay international pros electronically in 2011.
  • Options
    blackshadowblackshadow Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2011
    We're going to pay international pros electronically in 2011.

Early 2011 I hope!
  • Options
    PhotobycatePhotobycate Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    I'm really not going to say. But it's a huge high priority project for us.

Any updates on this yet?

Thanks,
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2011
    Any updates on this yet?

Thanks,

Only that we're absolutely not ignoring this. LOTS is happening on this but I won't get into details until we're further along. Thanks.
  • Options
    Light_prodLight_prod Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    this bugs me daily.
  • Options
    Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    Light_prod wrote: »
    this bugs me daily.

I just realized that this thread was started on Jul-13-2006 ... :cry
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • Options
    OppsOpps Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    Manfr3d wrote: »

There, there, have a biscuit :hide
    --
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2011
    got any choc chip? I love choc chip....
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2011
    Manfr3d wrote: »

Good thing we don't give up!
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2011
    Good thing we don't give up!

True !

Still looking forward to a few of the relevant Uservoice items reaching 'Planned' status - then I'll really start believing mwink.gif
  • Options
    TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    FrankC wrote: »
    True !

Still looking forward to a few of the relevant Uservoice items reaching 'Planned' status - then I'll really start believing mwink.gif

I think Andy's been pretty clear that the uservoice site doesn't actually reflect what Smugmug are working on. The only thing you can rely on (it seems) is that some stuff will be released at some stage, and you'll know about it when it's released.

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    TalkieT wrote: »
    I think Andy's been pretty clear that the uservoice site doesn't actually reflect what Smugmug are working on. The only thing you can rely on (it seems) is that some stuff will be released at some stage, and you'll know about it when it's released.

Cheers - N

Well, he said in an earlier reply to me that the status would be updated to 'planned' when it was getting closer to release.

That reply, of course, gives no indication of when the status might actually be updated, or the changes delivered.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    TalkieT wrote: »

Cheers - N

Hm, I'm not sure I've said that - what it is, is a very good way for us to hear from customers about what they want. It's one of 4 major sources of input we get, along with Dgrin, Our Help Desk, and social sites (Facebook & Twitter).

The input is VERY IMPORTANT, but we won't always mark something as "planned" or "underway" or even comment on some things on our feedback site - it's a public site, and we're a business - we do aim for transparency on many things but we don't lay out our product plans for the world to see :D
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    If you won't always mark something as "planned" or "underway", why bother to even have the indicators in the first place.
    It appears that the uservoice is a pacifier. When someone suggests something in the forum the response is "add it to the uservoice". Where the idea sits and sits and sits.... with no indication of whether the item has even been considered, none the less being worked on. I find that frustrating. As for business, many other sights offer foreign currency already. Once again this is no big secret!
    I digress, just let me know if and when the foreign currency issue is in place.
    I am not bothering to go look at the uservoice to find out if or when it will be worked on.

Thanks for your passionate feedback, we really appreciate it thumb.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    To add to my frustration I just got 2 emails.....1st (2:08pm) say this Foreign currency went from NO STATUS to PLANNED and the 2nd email (2:46pm) now states it went from PLANNED back to NO STATUS....all in 38 minutes .....so it is planned or is it actually back to NO STATUS??????....where it has been for over 5yrs.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    To add to my frustration I just got 2 emails.....1st (2:08pm) say this Foreign currency went from NO STATUS to PLANNED and the 2nd email (2:46pm) now states it went from PLANNED back to NO STATUS....all in 38 minutes .....so it is planned or is it actually back to NO STATUS??????....where it has been for over 5yrs.......

Sorry for the feedback forum glitch. It's at no status. But it's something that I hope we'll have some news on soon enough.
  • Options
    RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Sorry for the feedback forum glitch. It's at no status. But it's something that I hope we'll have some news on soon enough.
    That's a shame, I was coming out of lurking for I don't know how long to celebrate that e-mail! Just in case you were wondering...

I count myself a very happy customer, but you should really get on this one! And thanks for listening!
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    Robinivich wrote: »
    I count myself a very happy customer, but you should really get on this one! And thanks for listening!

We have been 'on it' - promise thumb.gif
  • Options
    SqueezerSqueezer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2011

And here I was thinking that FINALLY something was in progress rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    Squeezer wrote: »
    And here I was thinking that FINALLY something was in progress rolleyes1.gif

I marked it as Planned. I'm not gonna give up any more than this: we've been doing a lot more than planning thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »

Check again :) Thanks!
  • Options
    JanWillJanWill Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2011
    Andy, thanks so much!!!
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2011
    ....... this is getting ridiculous. I've been losing so much money from this! My account is up for renewal soon though so see if anything changes before then. This and lack of international labs is easily out weighing the benefits that's smugmug has over other sites.
  • Options
    edited September 23, 2011
    Light_prod wrote: »
    ....... this is getting ridiculous. I've been losing so much money from this! My account is up for renewal soon though so see if anything changes before then. This and lack of international labs is easily out weighing the benefits that's smugmug has over other sites.

We're working hard on this - wish it would be faster for you and everyone! I promise we're not ignoring this very important feature deal.gif
  • Options
    essayteeessaytee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 17, 2011
    We're working hard on this - wish it would be faster for you and everyone! I promise we're not ignoring this very important feature deal.gif

Any updates?
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2011
    essaytee wrote: »
    Any updates?

Yup. Small one, but read this and watch the video.
    http://news.smugmug.com/2011/12/13/why-pricelists-will-change-your-life/
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2012
    Woop, we shipped this last Thursday, here's the announcement :D
    And to be clear, since this thread has many requests in it, I'm talking about Foreign Currency Transactions.

Yup, more to come, too!