Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    danaltech, I'm confused too. You do know that you can turn off the sharing links right? That way those links won't show up in the gallery pages.

Yes, as I said before in my first post in this thread that link can be disabled. But when I disable it I, the site owner, can't see the link anymore. It would be nice if I could disable that link for everyone but me (this one almost falls into the "feature request" category).
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • Options
    DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I think all he is saying is that if someone already has the link, and subsequently, you make the gallery private, the user can still use the link and view the gallery with no "check" that the gallery is private....(like you said)...

He can create a new private gallery and move these pictures into it, or add a password to the gallery.

Yup -exactly!!!

Maybe instead of calling it a "private" gallery it should be called "unlisted". The word "private" should mean that only I have access to it. I can see an advantage to having galleries that only I can access, galleries that are password protected, and galleries that are open to the public. But making a gallery "private" that really isn't private doesn't make much sense to me...
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
This discussion has been closed.