Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    wiredcurwiredcur Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Hey there! I'm Tim. There's a little more hair and the vandyke's a little shorter now but pretty much the same.

55093782-M.jpg
  • Options
    F8th637F8th637 Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Here's my mug
    86393218-L.jpg

Just kidding . . .
    86394161-L.jpg
    http://ryanandangel.smugmug.com
    Cameras: Canon EOS 30D & Canon S3 IS
    Lenses: 17-85mm f/4 & 70-200mm f/4 L USM. Think I lost our 50mm f/1.8 on our cruise last Fall.
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    F8th637 wrote:
    86393218-L.jpg

Ahhhh ha ha....that is funny!!!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    MaternityMamaMaternityMama Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2006
    That's hilarious.....and a good pic, too!
    rolleyes1.gif
    I'm new to this forum - would love to have some opinions on my latest effort to earn a living:
    http://www.maternitybykoren.com

I can't seem to get clients in the Bay Area, but New Yorkers are more than happy to sign up.

Anybody know why?
    Koren

86393218-L.jpg

Ahhhh ha ha....that is funny!!!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    flyinglphotoflyinglphoto Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    Brave new World!
    Hey everyone!

I am a new Pro Account user and I would love help with all this DGRIN And SM stuff! I have a bare bones site and I want to spice it up.....any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!
    THANKS!!!headscratch.gifthumb.gif
    attachment.php?attachmentid=14173&stc=1&d=1155070298
    :thumb
    ~Lindee
    flyinglphoto@hotmail.com
    http://flyinglphoto.com

Lets all capture the moments that matter most.
  • Options
    AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    Hi everyone,

As a newcomer, I've posted my first steps on a new thread, but 'guess it's the best spot to present myself :D

ad20060324-001.jpg

So, hi !, I'm Antoine, and I'm a young french photographer.
    I'm a rookie in the profession so I've got some time left to visit Internet's forums :D

Next time I'll come here, I'll show you my breakfast mug, I promise...
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • Options
    ssdsarahssdsarah Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2006
    So, This is me last week or so, with my favorite toy, my Sigma SD10. I have a few lenses for it, 18-55mm, 50-200mm, and 170-500mm. That one there is the "medium" lens, lol... So, anyhow, we were cruising in Alaska and this was a part of one of our excursions. My daughter wanted to ride in a dog pulled sled. This is actually a picture of me missing the shot where she was going to get off the sled. Because I wanted to shoot some puppies sleeping under another sled. I was caught off guard by the white dog here who seemed to think I was sent to be his personal leaning post, which is fine with me because I love dogs.
    sarahdogpg8.jpg
    But, it was pretty funny that this sled dog took such a particular liking to me. Anyhow, I love my camera, I just wish I was better as using it, which is most of why I am here.

I love my smugmug, by the way! I use it to share pictures with the family members, none of whom live close by. You can see all the pictures my husband Chris and I have taken ... http://ssd.smugmug.com

I guess that is a good enough intro for now!! I am going to choose some more Alaska pictures to upload soon!!

Cheers!!
    ~Sarah~

ps... Here is the puppy shot I got while I missed Rachel getting off her sled:
    img02277mb4.jpg
  • Options
    mikeb380mikeb380 Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    Introduce .....
    Here I am not even 5min ago.
    Yes I'm 3/4 German....can ya tell? ne_nau.gif

MySelfPortrait-vi.jpg?640509
    So, then, why are you using a Japanese camera? German cameras not good enough?? Get a Leica!!! HMPH clap.gif
    Michael :-)
    http://www.tabblo.com/studio/view/tabblos/mikeb380/
    ========
    Photography: the art of seeing the uncommon in the common.
    +++++++
    CANON EOS XT- 350D - Sigma 28 - 80 mm macro, MC Zenitar EF 3.5/16MM
    CANON F1n, Canon FD 28mm 2.8 SC, Canon FL 200mm 3.5
    Jupiter 9 2.8/85mm used on bellows for EOS & F1 Bellows is M42 thread with adaptors for both cameras.
    Tair 135mm 2.8
    Kiev 88 6x6 camera - Mir 38B 3.5/65mm, Arsat B 2.8/80mm, J26V 250 mm tele
    16 various FSU & German cameras
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2006
    cj1150gs wrote:
    Here's me mug:
    56354371-M.jpg

As you can tell by the exposure above I'm no photographer ne_nau.gif:D . But I do love photography. My interests are adventure motorcycle travel (advrider/smugmugger) and freefall photography.

Sometimes I hang around here... now that I decided to post a question I thought it would be good to introduce first. By now I own a Canon 300D. I have the POS kit lens EF-S 18-55, an EF 50 1.8, an EF15 2.8, a russian Zenithar 16 mm 2.8 and a Peleng 8mm 3.5.

Cheers

Carlos
    My pics lie here: www.cj.smugmug.com

Hi, I have the 300D also and got the Zenitar 16mm which I like. I'm thinking of the 18mm, what do you think of it? Appreciate getting some independent observations and perhaps a photo?
    Thanks
    Michaelne_nau.gif
    ========
    +++++++
    Jupiter 9 2.8/85mm used on bellows for EOS & F1 Bellows is M42 thread with adaptors for both cameras.
    Tair 135mm 2.8
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2006
    washed out face
    Elf1 wrote:
    I should note that the reason is that, when I pressed the shutter on the camera to start the timed release, it focused on and set the exposure for the dark shrubbery--note that *it's* in focus and has nice color, unlike my face, which is slightly out of focus and washed out. Don't know how to solve that except by having someone sitting there while I press the shutter--but if someone had been there, I could've had them take the photo. :-)
    -ellen again

Ellen, the problem is one reason I dislike automatic anything on cameras, they are stupid and don't know what to focus on or set exposure from. Best thing to do is set the camera to manual everything, take a reading of the palm of your hand in the same orientation as you will be, then set it manually. Next focus on where you will be when the shutter clicks. Again this has to be manual setting. Then go back, sit or stand, whatever, and click!!! Should be closer and you might have to adjust settings a bit but not as much as you have here. eek7.gif

Try to figure out the manual usage of the camera and forget auto for a while til you learn how to make adjustments.
    Michael clap.gif
    ========
    +++++++
    Tair 135mm 2.8
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2006
    rolleyes1.gif
    I'm new to this forum - would love to have some opinions on my latest effort to earn a living:
    http://www.maternitybykoren.com

I can't seem to get clients in the Bay Area, but New Yorkers are more than happy to sign up.

Anybody know why?
    Koren

86393218-L.jpg
    Karen, I think New Yorkers are far more unconventional than anyone else. Also to live there you have to have mucho disposable income and NYers are used to paying through the nose for stuff.

Michael eek7.gif
    ========
    +++++++
    Tair 135mm 2.8
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    Not a "self portrait" but I hope it qualifies. THis one was taken of me by my daughter in Innsbruck Austria (2003) rolleyes1.gif
    She was in the clock tower in the center of town.
    I'm in the light colored clothing in the lower left corner. Directly in front of the arch way(s)....

49734021-L.jpg

She took a pic of me as I video taped her. She got some nice shots of the surrounding landscape.... (they're on my site).
  • Options
    Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    Not a "self portrait" but I hope it qualifies.

Brando, I don't see a photo???? While I'm here, guess I should give a mug shot. Here's me with my first king (my husband was photographer).

87357328-M.jpg
    I live in Juneau, Alaska. Have always considered myself an "artist", but really got into photography when my dh bought me my first digital camera in 2002. I've always enjoyed taking photos, just never had a camera that got the results I wanted. I'm still learning, and know that I've barely touched the surface in all there is to learn in photography.

I am a stay-at-home-mom (part time), part time RN, and part time "starting my own business" photographer. I'm a full-time wife, mother to 3, and homeschool teacher to the same 3.

I'm interested in many things, but I think I have finally found my passion...
  • Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    here is my "mug"....that sounds so degrading....

here is my PICTURE: :)

IMG_8721.jpg

okay - so that's only the top half of my face.....here's the whole thing:

btw, yes, that's a shower in the background. I got really bored at like 12:00 in the hotel when we were on vacation in the mountains - - - so I went in the bathroom and filled my camera with random mirror shots... hahaha.

IMG_8744-1.jpg

thanks for looking!

- RE

Laughing.gif
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    Ross, I looked at your website. you are very talented. Looks like you have beautiful girls just lining up... to have their photos taken.:):
  • Options
    rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    Ross, I looked at your website. you are very talented. Looks like you have beautiful girls just lining up... to have their photos taken.:):

thanks for visiting my site!!!!

yeah, I have to keep my phone on silent just to work sometimes. :)

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • Options
    Brett MickelsonBrett Mickelson Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    I have free and unrestricted access to a digital x-ray.

I'll be posting an x-ray photography gallery soon in my SmugMug page, check back there in two days or so if you're interested.

I've also got a lot of recent photos from the Galapagos posted.

And my headshot:

86241711-M.jpg

Edit: I've added the x-ray photos to my SmugMug page.
  • Options
    LorijoLorijo Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2006
    Here I am I hope!
    [IMG][/img]me2.jpg

Hi, I'm Lori. Thats me and a ten dollar camera I had to buy and play with, it takes awful photos! :D I took the photo with my Canon PowerShot G2. I like photography and want to learn more. I also like painting, thats one of my paintings on the puter screen. Wrecked sailboat after hurricane Frances.
  • Options
    Caroline EverittCaroline Everitt Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 15, 2006
    fish wrote:
    There's something special about taking your own portrait (self-portrait). Anybody can take a photo of you, but only you can do the hard bit about choosing how you want to be seen. It's not that we don't want to see your handsome visages taken by other people, but that we want YOU to shoot them and present them yourselves.
    self-por·trait:
    n. A pictorial or literary portrait of oneself, created by oneself.

Edit: I merged the two "show us your mug" threads. :)

biggrinbounce2.gif

Self Portrait. Caroline Everitt
    1431496-806c4a49a60e92c2.jpg
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Ok, I'm so new it's frightening
    I can't get over the spectacular shots on this site. I'm a newbie, so I ask for patience. Not certain I am posting to the correct board here as of yet. Still working on navigation. Ha! Do I sound decisive or what? One of those days.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    mgmonkmgmonk Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    I can't get over the spectacular shots on this site. I'm a newbie, so I ask for patience. Not certain I am posting to the correct board here as of yet. Still working on navigation. Ha! Do I sound decisive or what? One of those days.

Hello[PHP]

[/PHP] 
    gannon murphy.venice.ca
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 16, 2006
    mgmonk wrote:
    Hello

Hi mgmonk,

Welcome to dgrin wave.gif

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    mgmonkmgmonk Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi mgmonk,

Welcome to dgrin wave.gif

Cheers,

David

posted my first pictures in the field and street post. i'd love to hear advice regarding websites. feedback, too. of course.
    gannon murphy.venice.ca
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Welcome Lori, Caroline, Swartzy, mgmonk and all the others wave.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    ReitzPhotoReitzPhoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 16, 2006
    HI!!! I'm Jackie! I'm a 22 y/o family and child photographer in Santa Rosa, California!
    Here's me:
    211412206_6e3af813aa.jpg

and here's my site:

www.reitzphotography.com

I'm a nikon girl and I am not affraid to admit that i sleep with my d200 next to my bed :)
  • Options
    trogloditetroglodite Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    er... is this thing on? headscratch.gif
    me.jpg
    yeah i don't like it either... :crazy

is it me or is my nose taking over?
    is now gone. i have no time for cliques and fan clubs.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    ReitzPhoto wrote:
    HI!!! I'm Jackie! I'm a 22 y/o family and child photographer in Santa Rosa, California!

and here's my site:

www.reitzphotography.com

I'm a nikon girl and I am not affraid to admit that i sleep with my d200 next to my bed :)

Nice portfolio!

Your session fees seem to be extremely...uh...reasonable. Seems to me your time would be worth more than that!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AntoineDAntoineD Registered Users Posts: 393 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    ReitzPhoto wrote:
    Here's me:
    (...)
    and here's my site:

www.reitzphotography.com

Hi, I'm not really into child portraits or anything like that, but I've got to admit your portfolio is more than just okay :):

Bienvenue à bord !
    have a quick look at my portfolio (there's a photolog, too) :: (11-07-2006) experiencing a new flash portfolio. What do you think?
  • Options
    ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    ReitzPhoto wrote:
    Here's me:
    211412206_6e3af813aa.jpg

and here's my site:

www.reitzphotography.com

clap.gif yeah another Nikon user thumb.gif we nikonians are have to stick together it's like a sea of white lenses in here hehehehe But it's all good. I also do child photography so I can appreciate what it takes to get a good shot. Really liked you pictures, but I think that you should re-visit your pricing. People are getting the $$$ upfront and not trying to make up for it from prints. Just a thought. What lenses are you using?
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ReitzPhotoReitzPhoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 19, 2006
    I'm in the process of upping my session fee. That's just what it's been since I have only been taking appointments for the last few months. There for a few months I couldn't give away sessions AND prints.

I actually had a d50 up until about 2 weeks ago. Now I have my d200.
    I HAD the kit lens (18-55mm) and the 50mm/1.8, but now i just have the 50mm/1.8 and a 28mm/2.8.
    I'm a prime lens junkie and prefer to stay away from zooms. for some reason, primes just fit best for me.

Thanks for all the compliments on my portfolio. It's VERY much under construction at the moment, but you can view my flickr photostream at
    http://flickr.com/photos/reitzphotography/
    That has more frequent updates. ;)

What a warm welcome here! That's fabulous!