Options

SmugManager - A firefox Add-on

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Broken?
    In the last month or so I have lost Smugmanager on FF 3.6.3. It is working when I'm logged in as administrator, but the toolbar disappears as a regular user. It appears to be installed (listed in View/Toolbars, but it's not showing the icons. I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times, but nothing. Any ideas to get it to show as a regular user? Thanks.

Update 7/3/10: I don't know why I didn't think to try this for 2 months, but I reverted the toolbars to their default setting. Then I turned on SmugManager and it reappeared like magic. So for anyone where it seems like SmugManager should work but isn't, this might be one fix to try. My SmugManager is back!
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    I'm feeling the love.
    Any chance of a Chrome extension? :)
  • Options
    ilovecomixilovecomix Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 1, 2010
    dead?
    does this program extension work? i have yet to get it to run correctly? is the development dead?
  • Options
    javier.rinaldijavier.rinaldi Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Works up to the latest beta, just needed an update on the AddOn website.

I have no plans at the moment to do any more development, except to maintain compatibility with firefox (even though I use mainly chrome these days).
    ilovecomix wrote: »
    does this program extension work? i have yet to get it to run correctly? is the development dead?
    Jav

Creator of: SmugManager

"There's no dark side or the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark..."
  • Options
    TRWhiteTRWhite Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2011
    SmugManager 1.3
    Just for your info.

SmugManager 1.3 is not compatible with FireFox 4.0.

Tim
    PPA
    SWPPA
    TPPA
    NAPP Member
  • Options
    huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2011
    I should not have upgraded to 4.0 :( Another cool tool, not compatible...
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2011
    Yooo hoooo iloveyou.gif SmugManager wizard iloveyou.gif, those of use who decline to update Firefox to V.4 would just lovvve to know when you might be updating SmugManager. bowdown.gif Many thanks. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2011
    Still any chance SmugManager will be upgraded for FF 4?
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    codyjbennettcodyjbennett Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2011
    It looks like the developer's last posting was in 2010. I'm not the developer of this toolbar, and I'm pretty sure I've never used it.

But, for those who are wanting to give it a go in FF4, I've downloaded and changed the "maxVersion" of the SmugManager to be 4.0.* (rather than 3.0.*). This should enable folks with FF4 to be able to install the plugin. I would recommend not considering this any type of official release. I've updated the addon version to 1.3.1 to differentiate between the original (v1.3).

At any rate, try this: http://codyjbennett.com/files/smugmanager-1.3.1-fx.xpi (Note, this is a personal domain, so the file may not remain available till the end of time.)

Best of luck, and milage may vary. If there are problems, someone smarter than I will need to chime in.

Cheers!

PS - you'll likely need to download the XPI to your computer and then add it through the AddOn Manager using the "Install AddOn from File..." command.
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2011
    SmugManager
    Does anyone know if SmugManager will be updated to work with Firefox 4?

Tim
    PPA
    SWPPA
    TPPA
    NAPP Member
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    At any rate, try this: http://codyjbennett.com/files/smugmanager-1.3.1-fx.xpi (Note, this is a personal domain, so the file may not remain available till the end of time.)

Best of luck, and milage may vary. If there are problems, someone smarter than I will need to chime in.

This worked thank you very much...

Tim
    PPA
    SWPPA
    TPPA
    NAPP Member
  • Options
    huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2011
    Has anyone tried Tim's link?
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Works with Firefox 5! :ivar I found that if I install right from the Smugmanager homepage with Firefox 5 open it accepts it.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2011
    raebrown wrote: »
    Works with Firefox 5! :ivar I found that if I install right from the Smugmanager homepage with Firefox 5 open it accepts it.

Has anyone been able to make it work on 6.0.2?
    I'm still fighting my sysadmins to stay in 3.x... will ask for 5 but if 6.x works...
    I wish this could be permanently housed somewhere and updated ForEver. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    It's working with Firefox 7.0. Firefox automatically imported it when I did the upgrade.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

• Options
    raebrown wrote: »
    It's working with Firefox 7.0. Firefox automatically imported it when I did the upgrade.
    clap.gif
    Woo hoo! Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2011
    Works with Firefox 8!wings.gif
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels