Options

SmugBrowser - Firefox/Flock Extension BETA

Comments

• Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    i still don't have a method to retrieve a list of custom watermarks, as soon as it's available, I will add it :D

Can you please make sure you mention that you're testing the alpha, if that's the case
    Sorry... yes I am refering to the Alpha version... no new pics now.. but soon...
    Thanks...
    I was just asking about the watermarks, not meaning to nag... I guess the top level geniusses have to hold back some info... otherwise they wouldn't be the top level geniusses...:D
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    i still don't have a method to retrieve a list of custom watermarks, as soon as it's available, I will add it :D

Can you please make sure you mention that you're testing the alpha, if that's the case
    How do I remove an account from the SmugBrowser?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 13, 2007
    Sorry... yes I am refering to the Alpha version... no new pics now.. but soon...
    Thanks...
    I was just asking about the watermarks, not meaning to nag... I guess the top level geniusses have to hold back some info... otherwise they wouldn't be the top level geniusses...:D
    and btw...all that work on the UI and you complain about the watermark stuff..wtf ? :D

do u like it ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    How do I remove an account from the SmugBrowser?
    i need to add that. You can do it manually by editting the smugbrowser.xml file or just delete it (SmugBrowser will recreated it when it starts)and re-add the accounts u want.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    and btw...all that work on the UI and you complain about the watermark stuff..wtf ? :D

do u like it ?

Not meaning to complain... I love the ability it gives me to mass edit settings. That's the main reason I use it... it's a wonderful application...
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    Not meaning to complain... I love the ability it gives me to mass edit settings. That's the main reason I use it... it's a wonderful application...

no i meant the new ui features i added, check out the screenshots in the post i made about the alpha
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    NikonGirlNikonGirl Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    If you're running Firefox, select Tools... Add-ons from the browser menu. The releases of each add-on is shown.
    Thank yoiu Denise!
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    no i meant the new ui features i added, check out the screenshots in the post i made about the alpha
    Sorry... missed that post... I love the interface.

Changes...
    - Thumbs now auto-arrange to browser width... very nice feature, esp. when I have more than one browser window opened...
    - Thumb resizing using a slider... awesome, very easy to use... works quickly for me...
    - Thumb load status... have not tried uploads yet...
    - Menu buttons to toggle visibility of Tree and Upload windows... nice for ease of use...
    - under the hood: transitioned from REST to JSON calls... I'm not sure what this means, but I'm certain you put in a lot of work on this... so thanks...
    Again, sorry for sounding unappreciative...
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    - Thumb load status... have not tried uploads yet...
    no, it's the throbber that is displayed while each thumb is loading, after selecting a new gallery or resizing the thumbs thumb.gif

don't worry, i didn't think you were unappreciative...i just sent a fair few hours getting that to work lol3.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    no, it's the throbber that is displayed while each thumb is loading, after selecting a new gallery or resizing the thumbs thumb.gif

don't worry, i didn't think you were unappreciative...i just sent a fair few hours getting that to work lol3.gif
    Sorry... I missed it... I was watching American Idol while the thumbs loaded...

Tried it again... I see no throbber...
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    Sorry... I missed it... I was watching American Idol while the thumbs loaded...

Tried it again... I see no throbber...

no throbber is displayed if the images are cached, to prevent screen flicker, try a different gallery or different thumb size..or clear ur cache
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:

I looked at the screen shots again... I'm seeing no colored buttons in the upper left corner... Is that ONLY for upload?
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    no throbber is displayed if the images are cached, to prevent screen flicker, try a different gallery or different thumb size..or clear ur cache
    Sorry... no throbber...
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    Sorry... no throbber...
    135854032-M-1.jpg
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    I don't doubt you for a moment... I'm just not seeing it on my machine...
    I've tried resizing and loading different galleries... no throbber...
    What about the colored "lights" that are supposed to be in upper left corner?
    I'm not seeing them either...
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    I don't doubt you for a moment... I'm just not seeing it on my machine...
    I've tried resizing and loading different galleries... no throbber...
    What about the colored "lights" that are supposed to be in upper left corner?
    I'm not seeing them either...

hehe...disregard those, there are the minimize, minimize and close buttons for mac :D
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    hehe...disregard those, there are the minimize, minimize and close buttons for mac :D
    I'll have to get a Mac... those buttons look too kewl.... but I'm still not getting the throbber... maybe my connection loads too fast... Laughing.gif...
    I reloaded the Smugbrowser... should I uninstall and re-install? Is there an uninstall option?
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Feeling adventurous ?

Perhaps you might like to try out my new alpha version that I have been working on.

Changes...
    - Thumbs now auto-arrange to browser width
    - Thumb resizing using a slider
    - Thumb load status
    - Menu buttons to toggle visibility of Tree and Upload windows
    - under the hood: transitioned from REST to JSON calls

Screenshot #1
    Screenshot #2

Since there are major changes under the hood, can you please let me know if there is anything that is not working thumb.gif

As soon as I have a batch of photos to upload, I'll try it out. thumb.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    Ya know... something that would be really awesome... combine the BZT hack with the Smugbrowser... allowing the user to Zoom in bulk right thru the browser? Possible?
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    Ya know... something that would be really awesome... combine the BZT hack with the Smugbrowser... allowing the user to Zoom in bulk right thru the browser? Possible?

as the author of both...don't u think i have thought about that mwink.gif

but seriously, perhaps in the early versions I might have been able to, but now that I support multiple accounts, it makes things a bit more difficult..and i would probably need an api method to do it properly.

but yes, everything is possible
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Feeling adventurous ?

Perhaps you might like to try out my new alpha version that I have been working on.

Changes...
    - Thumbs now auto-arrange to browser width
    - Thumb resizing using a slider
    - Thumb load status
    - Menu buttons to toggle visibility of Tree and Upload windows
    - under the hood: transitioned from REST to JSON calls

Screenshot #1
    Screenshot #2

Since there are major changes under the hood, can you please let me know if there is anything that is not working thumb.gif
    Used the new one this morning to upload and worked great.thumb.gif

One thing is I couldn't clear the uploaded files. Seems remove and remove
    all didn't work.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Used the new one this morning to upload and worked great.thumb.gif

One thing is I couldn't clear the uploaded files. Seems remove and remove
    all didn't work.

yeah, i'm a slacker :D
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    as the author of both...don't u think i have thought about that mwink.gif

but seriously, perhaps in the early versions I might have been able to, but now that I support multiple accounts, it makes things a bit more difficult..and i would probably need an api method to do it properly.

but yes, everything is possible
    Awesome... can't wait for the next update... to bad I have no idea what an API is... I really wish I could help... I don't think I could stand Zooming each pic one at a time, and the SM Bzer makes adjusting galleries setting in bulk a breeze...
  • Options
    rfreschnerrfreschner Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Ok, perhaps I'm thick but I just couldn't seem to find the answer to this. How do I select images in a gallery to delete them? I'm using the beta version. I had first downloaded the non-beta version and couldn't figure it out there either.

Also, in Options there's a setting for View Image Size. What does that affect? I only see thumbnails.

Probably just too early in the morning here and I'm just missing things..... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    bummer, FF says smugbrowser is not compatible with FF 2.0.0.2 ....

I un-installed it, restarted browser, re-installed it, restarted browser...

working now! thumb.gif
  • Options
    sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    David, thanks very much. This is one cool tool. I can't wait to get home and try it a bit more rigorously than I did today.

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.
  • Options
    sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    David, does the ability to select a photo in the right viewing pane have any function? I see that when you click on a photo, you get the blue border, but I don't see that you can do anything with it. Very cool app, none the less...
    sskoutas wrote:
    David, thanks very much. This is one cool tool. I can't wait to get home and try it a bit more rigorously than I did today.

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2007
    sskoutas wrote:
    David, does the ability to select a photo in the right viewing pane have any function? I see that when you click on a photo, you get the blue border, but I don't see that you can do anything with it. Very cool app, none the less...
    Hi Stephen,

lol3.giflol3.gif ultimately...yes, it is meant to but I never got around to developing it.

However, I am currently undergoing to rewrite of SmugBrowser to include a better UI, while I am doing this, I will address those issues. I envisage that selecting an image will allow you to view exif, view a larger version, delete the image etc. I will also have drag and drop reordering like on SM.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    rfreschnerrfreschner Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    I am currently undergoing to rewrite of SmugBrowser to include a better UI, while I am doing this, I will address those issues. I envisage that selecting an image will allow you to view exif, view a larger version, delete the image etc.

Hi David -

This probably answers my question above about deleting images also, correct?

Rick

P.S. - I am loving how easy it is to set up galleries and upload images. Thanks a bunch for a great tool!
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2007
    rfreschner wrote:
    Hi David -

This probably answers my question above about deleting images also, correct?

Rick

P.S. - I am loving how easy it is to set up galleries and upload images. Thanks a bunch for a great tool!

yep :D
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos