Vote In The Challenges, win Adobe CS2

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 3, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK Gang, we want to encourage you to vote in the Dgrin Challenges. And hopefully, if you register on the site, and vote, then you'll participate more around the fourm :clap

From now through the end of December 2006, we will be giving away a full copy of Adobe Photoshop CS2 to a Dgrinner chosen at random, from within the voters of the Dgrin Challenges. Rules? Just vote. Each challenge you vote in, will count as an entry.

So register, participate on the forums, the challenges, and VOTE in the challenges.

PS: Mods and SmugMug Staff NOT Eligible.

Comments

• rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Holy pie!!!

Did I mention 'Random' was my middle name???

rolleyes1.gif

-Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Sweet. I've been voting. I'll keep voting.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    I try to always vote...
    even if I don't enter...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    even if I don't enter...
    thumb.gif thanks Dee!
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    This is absolutely awesome! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    :jawdrop

WOW, that's sweet wings.gifbarbwings.gifbarb
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    This means if we take turns at not voting we can all win one! Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif

haha but that would be against the point. i hope somebody who really needs it wins them! keep voting!
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Awesome!!

I will continue to vote since I could definetly use it!

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Andy wrote:

:pissed
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 17, 2006
    If you all recall, I solicited for some ideas in the 77 voting thread. Manfr3d suggested t-shirts, which I passed on, and Andy decided on Photoshop!
    lol3.gifthumb.gifclap.gif

So what do we think, 200, 300 voters for the next challenge (170 this last time)??? naughty.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    If you all recall, I solicited for some ideas in the 77 voting thread. Manfr3d suggested t-shirts, which I passed on, and Andy decided on Photoshop!
    lol3.gifthumb.gifclap.gif

So what do we think, 200, 300 voters for the next challenge (170 this last time)??? naughty.gif

I think Andy's choice of bait is a cinch to draw in the slackers and lurkers! Way to go Andy! I always vote...why not? ne_nau.gif
  • nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    excellent - I like the added motivation!!
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    nalvarez wrote:
    excellent - I like the added motivation!!
    am i not getting something here? the winner of the challenge itself gets $40 in on-the-house freebies and a voter gets a ~$1000 software package for voting for the winner?

huh??
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:
    am i not getting something here? the winner of the challenge itself gets $40 in on-the-house freebies and a voter gets a ~$1000 software package for voting for the winner?

huh??

Well, one difference is that the $40 is given away every two weeks, and CS2 will be given away once this year.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Even if I haven't been posting as much as I did before, I always get my vote in.

If someone takes the time to prepare and enter the challenge, they sure deserve my support and vote.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    If someone takes the time to prepare and enter the challenge, they sure deserve my support and vote.

Ditto. It also adds to the competition if many people vote, so I really think this is a great idea!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:

huh??

As nice as CS2 would be, I don't think giving that kind of a prize to a voter, and not to a challenge winner is really the way to go.

I have participated in the challenges, and voted. I have voted more than I have participated since I don't always have the time to shoot. Voting is easy. If I'm on line I try to vote. I think a better solution would be to give a copy of CS2 to someone who votes, and has participated in at least one challenge. They don't need to be selected for the top ten, just enter.

That way we encourge participating in the challenges, and the voting. Just a thought.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
    edited November 17, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    As nice as CS2 would be, I don't think giving that kind of a prize to a voter, and not to a challenge winner is really the way to go.
    The voter could very well be a challenge participant.

As already mentioned above, we give away $40 to the winner of each challenge (biweekly). This is a one-time extra "prize" with the aim of stimulating challenge awareness in general. It was posted as a dgrin-wide announcement, so people who may not have even looked at the challenge forum before, might do so now. It will certainly attract voters, but it should also stimulate entries and general participation as well.
    Erik

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:

I have participated in the challenges, and voted. I have voted more than I have participated since I don't always have the time to shoot. Voting is easy. If I'm on line I try to vote. I think a better solution would be to give a copy of CS2 to someone who votes, and has participated in at least one challenge. They don't need to be selected for the top ten, just enter.

That way we encourge participating in the challenges, and the voting. Just a thought.
    Hey, it's all good :D Stay tuned for all sorts of different things. Not bad, for a free site, eh? naughty.gif
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Just see if you get my vote!

:hide

Just kidding, great idea thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    :pissed

Awwwwww crud! Harry does that make you and me illegal headscratch.gif .. Skip
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hey, it's all good :D

Very good! thumb.gif

That new Jaguar looks very sweet.nod.gif
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Not bad, for a free site, eh? naughty.gif
    Not bad for a free site...???
    If you really dig around in here, there's a wealth of knowledge that almost can't be measured!
    Off topic. But all the mods and pros in here are killer!

This site literally breeds professional photographers!
    Thanks to everyone for taking the time to make this site awesome!wings.gif
    edited November 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hey, it's all good :D Stay tuned for all sorts of different things. Not bad, for a free site, eh? naughty.gif

Not at all.
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:

Forgive me if i am in some kind of haze and don't understand the point of your post...but you're complaining about the chance to win CS2 headscratch.gif I have searched for such a forum on the web for a long time, i don't have time to post much but since joining i have always voted, i think that if these people spend as much time and money to enter these challenges they deserve a few seconds for me to cast a vote, I'll continue to vote and hope that I am a lucky winner!bowdown.gif :ivar
    edited November 18, 2006
    cdonovan wrote:
    Forgive me if i am in some kind of haze and don't understand the point of your post...but you're complaining about the chance to win CS2 headscratch.gif I have searched for such a forum on the web for a long time, i don't have time to post much but since joining i have always voted, i think that if these people spend as much time and money to enter these challenges they deserve a few seconds for me to cast a vote, I'll continue to vote and hope that I am a lucky winner!bowdown.gif :ivar

Complaining....don't think so. I was just suggesting that one would have to be both a voter and at least enter 1 challenge to qualify for the CS2. And as I said it was just a suggestion....geesh.
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Complaining....don't think so. I was just suggesting that one would have to be both a voter and at least enter 1 challenge to qualify for the CS2. And as I said it was just a suggestion....geesh.

Ok...very sorry i read that the wrong way...I apologize :uhoh
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    Anything is good, very good!!!! And, free, free CS2 and free site! etc.

I just didn't know that there were people w/o CS2.... I do remember how I finagled and sweated to get the legal version, so I can imagine the excitement of winning one.

I am just surprised...........well, I am. Ashamed of myself, I guess!

Gosh yes, I will vote!!!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2006
    ok if you guys insist i will vote wings.gif
    Honestly speaking i dont vote because i dont know what should be crieteria to vote ne_nau.gifany guide lines ? now i am intrested :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited November 19, 2006
    ok if you guys insist i will vote wings.gif
    You mean you haven't been voting!!!! You!?! but you view just about every photo on this site and usually have a good comment!!! Awais, I'm shocked!!!

Honestly speaking i dont vote because i dont know what should be crieteria to vote ne_nau.gifany guide lines ?
    This is difficult, so I'll say I'll make it simple: VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE PHOTO!!! lol3.gif

no, honestly, the hosts do the job of picking the 10 most qualified photos, all you have to do is click on the one that you like the most. Easy.
    Erik