Vote In The Challenges, win Adobe CS2

13»

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    purified wrote:
    That's pretty cool. Though, I already have it... if I win I'll give it to someone else. :P
    wave.gif Happy New Year to you, Kelly :)
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2006
    purified wrote:
    That's pretty cool. Though, I already have it... if I win I'll give it to someone else. :P

Where ya been?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Where ya been?

Hey Andy, David! I've been... caught up in reality. rolleyes1.gif Also had a bit of a block along the way. Though after I recently got my hands on a new Canon 70-200mm 4L USM lens I've found it all coming back again. I suppose I felt I couldn't do what I wanted to do with the standard lens I got with my 30D this summer... and I lost a lot of time to take pictures since winter because of work. It's always dark when I can take pictures, can never get good lighting without a hassle, blah blah. ;) I guess I'm gonna have to stop whining and just take pictures. :D

Good to come back again. This place really is a great motivator!
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2006
    purified wrote:
    Hey Andy, David! I've been... caught up in reality. rolleyes1.gif Also had a bit of a block along the way. Though after I recently got my hands on a new Canon 70-200mm 4L USM lens I've found it all coming back again. I suppose I felt I couldn't do what I wanted to do with the standard lens I got with my 30D this summer... and I lost a lot of time to take pictures since winter because of work. It's always dark when I can take pictures, can never get good lighting without a hassle, blah blah. ;) I guess I'm gonna have to stop whining and just take pictures. :D

Good to come back again. This place really is a great motivator!

It's really odd to hear you say that. Take a look at your gallery. Stuff you shot with a little point and shoot. You never let your limitations stand in your way then. Why now?

What happened to college?

I'd suggest you join the photo a day group, either formally or informally, just shoot something every day. I'd suggest it, but then I'd be a hypocrite, since I've never come close to that. :D But it might get you unstuck, like writing in a journal every day can get a writer unstuck.

In any case, I really look forward to seeing more of your work, and to seeing more of you around here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    It's really odd to hear you say that. Take a look at your gallery. Stuff you shot with a little point and shoot. You never let your limitations stand in your way then. Why now?

What happened to college?

I suppose I had expectations that were much too high and I burned out when I couldn't get things right. I just didn't have the right equipment at the time. And... as for school, I'm getting my general credits cheap at a community college before I go off to spend far too much money on an art school. Why must they be so expensive! headscratch.gif
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 29, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    I'd suggest you join the photo a day group, either formally or informally, just shoot something every day. I'd suggest it, but then I'd be a hypocrite, since I've never come close to that. :D But it might get you unstuck, like writing in a journal every day can get a writer unstuck.
    My daily photo sometimes sucks the life out of me. Becomes a chore rather than a cause for inspiration. Breaks are good sometimes.

(that being said, I'm about to start year 4 with only a few misses :D)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    (that being said, I'm about to start year 4 with only a few misses :D)
    Are you on a break now? No shots since Tuesday... Kinda funny actually since I just went to your daily site today to see if I could get inspired to do it myself. lol3.gif

By the way, there's no doubt who your dad is - you look exactly like him in that photo. thumb.gif
    edited December 29, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Are you on a break now? No shots since Tuesday... Kinda funny actually since I just went to your daily site today to see if I could get inspired to do it myself.

By the way, there's no doubt who your dad is - you look exactly like him in that photo. thumb.gif
    Sorry to let you down. I have them, just haven't uploaded yet. Been ebay'ing like a madman, so get ready for more product/watch shots. In other words, don't get too excited. lol3.gif

You think we look alike now, you should see photos of my dad when he was my age, if they weren't monochrome and have that behind the iron curtain look to them, you'd never know if it was me or him.
    Erik

• Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Been ebay'ing like a madman, so get ready for more product/watch shots. In other words, don't get too excited. lol3.gif
    Me too but I'm busy shopping on ebay like a madman, got a 22" Foldable
    gold/silver Reflector for 5$ and a 48" for 10 bucks. Quality is very good.
    The time now is great, as everybody is bussy with traveling and family.
    I'm hoping for some nice bids on new years eve now - hehe. mwink.gif

/transmission from computer basement headquarter accomplished
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • gardenracergardenracer Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 31, 2006
    vote in challenge plus how to enter challenge
    Help I keep going from thread to thread and do not see where oor how to vote or post. Rick
    edited December 31, 2006
    Help I keep going from thread to thread and do not see where oor how to vote or post. Rick
    Hi Rick, welcome to dgrin. At this point, your chances at winning CS2 are gone. The last challenge of '06 closed on tuesday, and the voting for it closed on friday.

You are encouraged to enter in challenge 81, here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=50056

And as always, the challenge and entry threads are stuck to the top of the challenge forum, you can't miss 'em:
    http://www.dgrin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Happy new year all! wave.gif
    Erik

edited January 3, 2007
    ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner :D

thanks to all for your participation!
    Erik