Options

WP-SmugMug Plugin for WordPress

Comments

• Options
    atowatow Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    You can set the "Start at photo #" and "Number of photos to display" variables when creating your [smugmug] shortcode to your post.

[smugmug url="XXXX" start="6" num="6"]

Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin (2.0.3) installed. The latest version fixes a bug where the num variable was not respected.

-adam

=====
    This plugin works very well! I would like to display six random photos from my gallery, not necessarily the first six. Is there a way to do this? I thought the "Number of photos to retrieve from gallery" option would do it, but I always get the first six. Example is at

http://mako.openleftbox.com/2009/01/montreal-west-christmas-party

Thanks for any help, and great job!
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    Assuming your gallery is a public gallery (i.e. not unlisted), you can construct the feed url from the gallery id. For instance:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1083544_4Dwa9

becomes this for your feed url:

http://www.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=1083544_4Dwa9&format=rss200

-adam

=====
    I have disabled 'Avalable Feeds' from my galleries. Is there a way to use the gallery URL or perhaps put the Available Feeds on select galleries? thumb.gif

Thanks!
    =B=
  • Options
    CosmicVoyagerCosmicVoyager Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 11, 2009
    atow wrote:

You can set the "Start at photo #" and "Number of photos to display" variables when creating your [smugmug] shortcode to your post.

[smugmug url="XXXX" start="6" num="6"]
    Adam,

Thank you, but what I wanted was to show 6 random photos from the set, so that each time the blog post was viewed it would show 6 different photos. I want to have a "sampler" of the gallery, and consecutive photos may be very similar to one another.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2009
    Adam,

Thank you, but what I wanted was to show 6 random photos from the set, so that each time the blog post was viewed it would show 6 different photos. I want to have a "sampler" of the gallery, and consecutive photos may be very similar to one another.

There's no way to display a random set of photos right now. Will add that to the feature request list.
  • Options
    tilmanttilmant Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 15, 2009
    I have a quick question about customizing the CSS. Is there a list describing the CSS tags that can be customized? And if so where can I get it?
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2009
    In the wp-smugmug.php file, there's a big block of text that is the CSS file used by the plugin. Copy what you need from there and add your changes to the additional CSS fields in the WP-SmugMug plugin settings page in WP-Admin.

The CSS was adapted from code that helped me center-align non-square thumbnails within a box. So, when looking at the CSS, you'll see a lot of funky code that you probably shouldn't edit. The things that you can (i.e. caption font size and padding of the images/borders) should be pretty evident.
  • Options
    brettchristliebbrettchristlieb Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2009
    atow wrote:
    Assuming your gallery is a public gallery (i.e. not unlisted), you can construct the feed url from the gallery id. For instance:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1083544_4Dwa9

becomes this for your feed url:

http://www.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=1083544_4Dwa9&format=rss200

-adam

=====

Hello Adam,

Great! Thanks for the information on this. Another question. Is it possible to right click protect these images when displayed? Lightbox seems to allow this.

=B=
    Brett Alan Christlieb
    www.brettalanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2009
    Hello Adam,

Great! Thanks for the information on this. Another question. Is it possible to right click protect these images when displayed? Lightbox seems to allow this.

=B=

This is not possible. SmugMug's right-click protect only works when the photos are viewed on SmugMug's website, where it uses JavaScript to disable the right-click menu. WP-SmugMug could be adapted to do this, but it's not currently on the feature list for the next version.
  • Options
    sethlazarsethlazar Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    I love this plugin, but am having two different problems
    Hi,

This is an awesome plugin, it is really helpful. Along with Shizam's slideshow, it means we've got all we need to integrate our blogs with smugmug. So my blog, www.alphabettravel.com, is working great.

There's just a couple of things. I've got version 2.0.4 of wp-smugmug installed, and it won't accept more than 100 images from a feed. I've looked through this thread (though it's late, perhaps I missed something), but I've not seen anything to suggest that there is an upwards limit on the number of pictures that can be included. Or I've forgotten it if I did. Is there a limit?

Second, I'm having trouble with feeds for keywords containing spaces (e.g. I have 'first and last light' as a keyword). The plugin doesn't seem to like those keywords, and won't render the pictures.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

ps I'd like to support the developer, but I've not seen a 'donate' icon anywhere. It would be great if you could point me in its direction. Otherwise I'll jsut leave a review or something.
  • Options
    greyalofusgreyalofus Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2009
    i'm not having any luck at all with this - i dont' even get the page to come up with the smugmug information when i go to write a post.

anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    sanddlifesanddlife Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 26, 2009
    Working partially
    I've got the plugin and the jQuery plugin activated. I have the pics showing up on my site in thumbnail fashion.

When I click on the thumbnail, the lightbox screen goes dark and then I get the white box with the spinning black dots but the pics never appear.

www.sanddsoft.com
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    You can request more than 100 photos by setting the options:

Number of photos to retrieve from gallery: i.e. 125
    Number of photos to display: i.e. 125

With keyword feeds... replace spaces with %20.

For example, to get 125 photos from SmugMug using the apple and fruit keywords:

[smugmug url="http://www.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=search&Data=apple fruit&format=rss200" imagecount="125" start="1" num="125" thumbsize="Th" link="lightbox" captions="true" sort="true" window="false" smugmug="false" size="M"]

-adam

========
    sethlazar wrote:
    Hi,

This is an awesome plugin, it is really helpful. Along with Shizam's slideshow, it means we've got all we need to integrate our blogs with smugmug. So my blog, www.alphabettravel.com, is working great.

There's just a couple of things. I've got version 2.0.4 of wp-smugmug installed, and it won't accept more than 100 images from a feed. I've looked through this thread (though it's late, perhaps I missed something), but I've not seen anything to suggest that there is an upwards limit on the number of pictures that can be included. Or I've forgotten it if I did. Is there a limit?

Second, I'm having trouble with feeds for keywords containing spaces (e.g. I have 'first and last light' as a keyword). The plugin doesn't seem to like those keywords, and won't render the pictures.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

ps I'd like to support the developer, but I've not seen a 'donate' icon anywhere. It would be great if you could point me in its direction. Otherwise I'll jsut leave a review or something.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    greyalofus wrote:
    i'm not having any luck at all with this - i dont' even get the page to come up with the smugmug information when i go to write a post.

anyone have any suggestions?

Have you activated the plugin in your WordPress plugins page? What version of WordPress are you running?
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2009
    sanddlife wrote:
    I've got the plugin and the jQuery plugin activated. I have the pics showing up on my site in thumbnail fashion.

When I click on the thumbnail, the lightbox screen goes dark and then I get the white box with the spinning black dots but the pics never appear.

www.sanddsoft.com

Do you have an example post page that I can look at?
  • Options
    sanddlifesanddlife Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 27, 2009
    atow wrote:
    Do you have an example post page that I can look at?

Yes, visit www.sanddsoft.com, then click the Photos page link on the left.
  • Options
    bwlbwl Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    atow wrote:
    December 20th, 2008: UPDATE BY ANDY: NEW Version here!

Everyone:

I just released WP-SmugMug, a plugin for WordPress and SmugMug today. Specify the RSS feed url for a SmugMug album in your post, and the plugin will display thumbnails and links at the end of the post content. The HTML and CSS is customizable in WordPress's admin section.

-adam

It claims that it is not tested with WP 2.7. Does it work with it?

One more question? would it be possible to offer the SWF Slideshow through the plugin?
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2009
    bwl wrote:
    It claims that it is not tested with WP 2.7. Does it work with it?

One more question? would it be possible to offer the SWF Slideshow through the plugin?

Yes, I am working on extending WP-SmugMug 2 to support SmugMug's SWF Slideshow. I have it in testing and hope to get it released soon.

And yes, it works fine with WP 2.7.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2009
    sanddlife wrote:
    Yes, visit www.sanddsoft.com, then click the Photos page link on the left.

Do you have external linking turned off for your gallery? Turn it on, and I bet your photos will start appearing.
  • Options
    jamesthedisciplejamesthedisciple Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 22, 2009
    Captions and formating/setting/css
    I have wp2.7.1 running with the latest wp-smugmug plugin. It retrieves the pics good, but not the captions, either on and they are all the same and then the formating is naff, or off and the "bubble" caption is the same for all the pics. I've tried changing some of the settings on wp and smugmug but to no avail.
    Please help as this is making the page untidy and I don't know what to do. Any css tips?

www.thebernards.info/gallery

There also appears to be some some dots just above the first set of pics, I think these are caption pointers. Any ideas how to remove them?

Thanx in advance

James

Update. Cured the problem by putting in some css, the caption thing was because I hadn't put in any captions on the photos on smugmug and them waited for everything to update.
    user_online.gifedit.gif
  • Options
    kevina047kevina047 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 19, 2009
    no thumbnails in WP 2.8
    atow wrote:
    Kevin:

You may need to enable pretty permalinks on your blog before you can use the WP-SmugMug WordPress gallery mode.

Check in your WP-Admin > Settings > Permalinks for more info.

thanks I did, and I also *foolishly* updated to WP 2.8 and now the plugin won't generate thumbnails. see here: http://www.micah77.org/photos/ the placeholders load the images if you click on them (so I know my SM RSS is working but not thumbnails. :(
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2009
    kevina047 wrote:
    thanks I did, and I also *foolishly* updated to WP 2.8 and now the plugin won't generate thumbnails. see here: http://www.micah77.org/photos/ the placeholders load the images if you click on them (so I know my SM RSS is working but not thumbnails. :(

Must I conclude that the wp-smugmug plugin does NOT generate thumbnails on WP 2.8??? WP 2.8 has been out for awhile surely someone has tested it. ?
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    incompatible with WP 2.8!
    kevina047 wrote:
    Must I conclude that the wp-smugmug plugin does NOT generate thumbnails on WP 2.8??? WP 2.8 has been out for awhile surely someone has tested it. ?

O.k. I guess I have to bail on this plugin then, I'm disappointed it's no longer being developed. It worked great on WP 2.7. :(
  • Options
    kgormankgorman Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 8, 2009
    kevina047 wrote:
    O.k. I guess I have to bail on this plugin then, I'm disappointed it's no longer being developed. It worked great on WP 2.7. :(

Hello, new here. I wanted to use SM and Wordpress together. I have tried all the plug-ins on the wiki and none of them seem to work with 2.8. Any suggestions? I want functionality similar to NextGen Gallery if you are familiar with that plugin.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2009
    kevina047 wrote:

I fixed the problem. There was an issue with the new version of jQuery.
  • Options
    surfer808surfer808 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Barb wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhh .... my bad. I don't have external linking turned on in that gallery! Will have to use a different gallery. Thx!

Hey Barb, I like the site your blog site. I'm trying to do the same thing...I have a wordpress blog site and I want to create a new page that says "galleries" once the person clicks on the galleries I want to link them to my smugmug gallery page. How did you do this?

http://www.photoscapedesign.com/galleries
  • Options
    bamnesiabamnesia Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Not working with WP 2.8.4?
    Hi atow,

thanks for what seems like a wonderful plugin but it won't work with the latest version of Wordpress 2.8.4 which I have just updated to. Can you please help? Thanks!
  • Options
    WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2009
    Wanted: Latest info. on blogging linked w/ SmugMug - WP or not?
    I've waded through lots of posts concerning blogging & SmugMug. I only have a beginning blog at WordPress. If there are better options for photo-blogging instead (considering I have a large SmugMug investment at Pro level) I'd like to switch from WP to another blog-site before I get too far on it. I only have the free version of a WP blog, and am hoping to stay with a free style of blog. I wasn't sure if some of the discussions I read about linking SM to WP or other blogs would work when one has the free version of WP (or other site). I also saw some comments that Blogger is much easier to integrate w/ SM than WP-- but is that at the free level or not? And I don't know if that's the case currently - some of these were old threads. I'm just curious as to whether the blogger-brains around here think I'd be better off switching to another blog site, given what I have here & there. My main reason for blogging would be to let folks know what I'm up to, mostly photographically (maybe once or twice a month) and help traffic find my photo sites. I wouldn't need perfect integration, but something compatible would be nice. I'm also considering a photo-a-day thing.

Any opinions/recommendations on this would be appreciated. I started my WP blog last fall or so & kinda let it sit, partly because I found the instructions & set-up methods to be exasperating for the web-clueless (me). I customized my entire SM site with much less trouble than I had setting up the few pathetic things I have on my WP site. It's here, if you wanna see it, but it's a bit of an eyesore! http://winsomeworks.wordpress.com/ I cannot figure out how to move my WP links/categories so that they're in a different order (just as an example of the kind of stupid thing that stumps me on WP) I also had lots of trouble posting a photo. I saw Tumblr recently too, & that could be an option for me but haven't compared it to Blogger or any other sites as far as linking. Whatcha think, ye blogging-brains here on SmugMug? Should I switch now, or fight on? If I switch (say to Blogger), is there any help for moving content? Thanks! my SmugMug: winsomeworks.com
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • Options
    belinebeline Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Colaborative SmugMug/WordPress plugin...
    There are always things that can be added to a plugin, this that and the other. Often people know PHP, and know what they want, but cant get easy access to the code to make their changes, or are afraid to, or do, but they never make it public.

An idea - My old plug-in SmugWP does the trick in a limited scale, but I just opened it up to the community. If anyone here knows anything about PHP and wants to be part of developing an awesome plug-in, head on over to SmugWP on GitHub and have at it.

Rip it apart, build it up, whatever, just promise me you'll call it in the morning!
    Covering It at D:D
    coverthis.smugmug.com

SmugWP -
    now 30% more smug!

No Steam Shovel

Feature Requests:
    External Slide Show Support
    Black/White and Sepia Color Options
    Photo/Discount Packages/Coupons
    Electronic Payout for Pro accounts via PayPal
    Self-Fulfilment (Custom "Items")
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2009
    WP-SmugMug 2.0.6
    I noticed today that all of my posts integrated with my SmugMug galleries using WP-SmugMug were broken. SmugMug has been changing the permalink structure for albums and images lately. A few weeks ago, albums gained the ability to have pretty permalinks. Now, it looks like those changes have made it their way to the image permalinks.

WP-SmugMug parsed out information from the image permalink to determine the link to the thumbnail size image. When the permalink structure changed, all of the links to the thumbnails broke along with it.

I've released version 2.0.6 of WP-SmugMug to address this issue. Let me know if you see any issues with the release!

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-smugmug/
  • Options
    sethlazarsethlazar Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Thanks and well done
    Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks to Atow for the quick fix on that problem, looks like it's sorted now, well done. Thanks for all the work you've put into this, it's really appreciated.

best
    Seth