• PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    $15,001.01 (For those Price is Right snipers in our audience) rolleyes1.gif
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited March 10, 2007
    Andy, I take it that $9,999 is not a guess, but a statement of fact?

Like I said, more!!:D :D

Not many lenses that are in 5 figure territory.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    That is the UGLIEST thing I have ever seen! :puke
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • photo*smurfphoto*smurf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Does it come with a weight lifting belt ???rolleyes1.gif

How about one of those back support belts?eek7.gif

As for the price, you'd probably have to take out a 2nd and 3rd mortgage on your house, donate a few internal organs, and promise your first-born to afford it. deal.gif

Forget about wildlife shots...well, unless you're able to keep silent humping that thing around.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited March 10, 2007
    About the submarine being image stabilized.... With that thing's mass, could you move it fast enough for it to benefit from an HSM design?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    Alrighty Then!
    I'll get a .50 cal turret mounted to the roof of my truck and slap that baby up there. Uh Huh...size matters!mwink.gif
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    How about one of those back support belts?eek7.gif

As for the price, you'd probably have to take out a 2nd and 3rd mortgage on your house, donate a few internal organs, and promise your first-born to afford it. deal.gif

Forget about wildlife shots...well, unless you're able to keep silent humping that thing around.

On second thought, after having seen the picture of the behemoth, does it come with a weight lifter ???rolleyes1.gif
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    In order for it to need IS you would need to be able to hand hold. Hand hold 35 pounds? Lol, not going to happen for more than 1 or 2 shots!!
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Maybe concert shooters? Or cloudy day wildlife? I don't know, but it's pretty freaking sweet!!

And who knows...with the 2x attached and a good clear summer night , you just might be able to catch a Martian watching reruns of My Favorite Earthlingrolleyes1.gif

Jim
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    TylerW wrote:
    "The drums rolled louder. Fires leapt up. Great engines crawled across the field; and in their midst was a huge telephoto lens, great as a forest tree a hundred feet in length, swinging on mighty chains. Long had it been forging in the dark smithies of Mordor, and its hideous head, founded of apochromatic glass, was shaped in the likeness of a ravening lightbucket; on it a handy LCD display lay. Grond they named it, in memory of the Hammer of the Underworld of old. Great beasts drew it, orcs surrounded it, and behind walked mountain-trolls to weild it."

Apologies to the unfamiliar, this was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the pictures of this thing. lol3.gif

rolleyes1.gif Love it! Very appropriate. So, now my favorite nicknames are SigZilla or Grond. :D
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    wow....I gotta say, I didn't even notice the camera hooked up to it.ne_nau.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave