TedologyTedology Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello all,

For some reason, when I attempt to view my gallery

tedology.smugmug.com

I get the following pop-up error:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://tedology.smugmug.com

Operation aborted."

Any idea what's going on? I was able to view it earlier... (when I wasn't logged in as myself, but a guest). Then, when I logged in, edited a photo caption... and returned to the galleries main page, I got that error.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks much!
Ted
Ted
My Site
My Gallery
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."

Comments

• chaberlackchaberlack Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Tedology wrote:
    Hello all,

tedology.smugmug.com

Operation aborted."

Any idea what's going on? I was able to view it earlier... (when I wasn't logged in as myself, but a guest). Then, when I logged in, edited a photo caption... and returned to the galleries main page, I got that error.

Ted

I am having the exact same problem. My site is www.chaberlack.smugmug.com. Interestingly, I can access it using windows explorer but when I try to access it using my Vista machine, no go.
  • DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    NOT AGAIN! Same problem here. www.prepsportography.com We went through the slide show change a few weeks back and now we are having the same issue? Working in FF not IE, but most of my customers use IE. Windows XP.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    http://www.chaberlack.smugmug.com/

http://www.prepsportography.com/

http://tedology.smugmug.com/

I was able to view all three sites with IE6, Firefox, Flock on WinXpProheadscratch.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    richW wrote:
    http://www.chaberlack.smugmug.com/

http://www.prepsportography.com/

http://tedology.smugmug.com/

I was able to view all three sites with IE6, Firefox, Flock on WinXpProheadscratch.gif

15524779-Ti.gif no IE6 Error here, either, on those sites.
    edited June 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif no IE6 Error here, either, on those sites.

I don't get an error on the other two sites but when I go to my own (www.chaberlack.smugmug.com), I get the message on the original post. Wierd, could be some login thing on my own site, maybe same with the others when trying to access their login information. Worked last night but this morning I have no access using IE7 on my Vista machine.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited June 8, 2007
    I get the same error on my site on IE7 running on Windows XP.

Firefox is fine.

I am running logged in on IE and logged out on Firefox.

The funny thing is, I can access the everyone else's site that is listed above on IE7.

Ah - I just deleted my cookies on IE, and the site opens successfully. So it appears that this is a problem when logged in and not when logged out. When I log in again on IE the problem re-appears.

I also discovered that I can get in to the site while logged in as long as I don't go to the homepage. Entering http://denise.smugmug.com/galleries works, but entering http://denise.smugmug.com doesn't.

Also, when I open a gallery after successfully getting in through galleries, the status bar shows "done, but with errors on page". This message wasn't there yesterday.

--- Denise
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2007
    Tedology wrote:
    Hello all,

tedology.smugmug.com

Operation aborted."

Ted

Hi Ted,

Can you try now and see if it's okay? Fixed some code in your slideshow hack.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited June 8, 2007
    IE7 and Windows XP on mine, just tried again and I can access all sites including my own? Something is going on herene_nau.gif
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited June 8, 2007
    chaberlack wrote:
    I am having the exact same problem. My site is www.chaberlack.smugmug.com. Interestingly, I can access it using windows explorer but when I try to access it using my Vista machine, no go.

Hi,

Check now. Better? Same?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited June 8, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Ted,

Can you try now and see if it's okay? Fixed some code in your slideshow hack.
    Barb -
    If it's a problem in the slideshow hack - we all seem to have the same problem. See details in my post above, looks to me like it's a logged in vs. logged out problem.

--- Denise
    edited June 8, 2007
    For me, its a login thing. I went to www.smugmug.com and logged out of my account. I can now access my site but when I try to login, I get the error message so I can't login to my account using IE7- www.chaberlack.smugmug.com
    edited June 8, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    Hi,

Check now. Better? Same?
    Ah, timing is everything. Please ignore my last post - fixed now for me.

Thank you.

--- Denise
    edited June 8, 2007
    Now my site is not working again. What the heckheadscratch.gif IE7 and Windows XP.
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited June 8, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    NOT AGAIN! Same problem here. www.prepsportography.com We went through the slide show change a few weeks back and now we are having the same issue? Working in FF not IE, but most of my customers use IE. Windows XP.

Hi,

Check now. Okay?
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited June 8, 2007
    I can now get into my site when logged in.

When I select a gallery it displays successfully, but the IE status bar shows "Done, but with errors on page".

That message is not shown when I'm logged out.

--- Denise
    edited June 8, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    Hi,

Check now. Okay?

Nope, still not working.
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited June 8, 2007
    I will be gone a few hours, so I hope we figure something out.
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited June 8, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    I will be gone a few hours, so I hope we figure something out.

I'll have to have someone else look, because your site works fine for me in every browser and operating system.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited June 8, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    I'll have to have someone else look, because your site works fine for me in every browser and operating system.

I think its a login thing. I have had others access my site just fine and I can access mine if I am not logged in. When I try to login I get the error message. Actually, I can see on statcouner that people continue to view my site. I just can't when I login. www.chaberlack.smugmug.com
  • MogMog Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Just to add to the mix.

My site has stopped working, IE7, Vista. ( previously been working fine and I've made no modifications for a good month

Fails with:

Internet explorer cannot open the internet site
    http://mog.smugmug.com

Operation aborted
  • Six BeesSix Bees Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    HI all, I am having the same problem too. I only get the error if I am logged in. Once I logout, it seems fine. If it is something with the slideshow hack, how do we fix that? This just started happening today, the only thing I have changed is the theme for my entire site. It is now set to black and white I think it was called. Not sure that my changing the theme had anything to do with it...but I figured I would mention it.

www.carriebassettphotography.smugmug.com
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    It's not a problem with the slideshow hack, but instead it's caused by something Smugmug rolled out last night. I don't have the slideshow hack and I'm seeing the exact same issue. For what it's worth, I'm using IE6 on Windows XP.

Something I noticed that hasn't been mentioned yet. If you click OK after getting the "Internet Explorer cannot open..." message, scroll to the bottom of your homepage and notice that the Smugmug footer is missing. Log out and view your homepage again. This time no error and the Smugmug footer is there. This means the issue is most likely in new code added last night that runs in the smugmug footer area on the homepage when logged into your own smugmug site.

Hope this helps!
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • krh100krh100 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Problem logging in ... same problem as all the others.
    Hello everyone, I am having the exact same problems. Can view but can't log in. I am using IE6. I tried from two different computers and always get this error. The problem started last night...website was acting funny. Today, I can't even get in. Appreciate the help!

My website is: www.ehsladywolves.com

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Kent Hermes
    edited June 8, 2007
    The problem was fixed on my site earlier, but it has re-appeared.
    The problem only occurs when I am logged in.

--- Denise
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    I just got the popup error logging in with IE6 on win2KP.
    Got the error popup, "page can't be loaded".
    Clicked "ok" on error popup box and landed on the "page can't be opened" page.
    Hit refresh and homepage opened.
    Footer is ok.

Replicated twice.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited June 8, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Footer is ok.

Replicated twice.

Mine is still acting just as Allen described. eek7.gif
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited June 8, 2007
    Mine is still not working. Is this being looked into as an issue affecting multiple users or are we on our own and need to modify our modifications to our sites?
    edited June 8, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Footer is ok.

Replicated twice.
    That's a bit different than what I get. Here are my steps:

Using IE6/WinXP

Go to www.smugmug.com, login link
    Enter username and password
    Says you are now logged in, will automatically go back to page previously viewing or go to your homepage... select link to go to my homepage

My homepage starts displaying, get IE popup error (see attached image), click OK.

At this point my smugmug homepage is displayed with me logged in. I can scroll to the bottom and see that the smugmug footer is missing.

Going into any of my galleries, no error and the smugmug footer is present. Back to the homepage while still logged in and get the IE popup again.

I seem to be able to do everything while logged in, I just can't logout from the homepage...
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited June 8, 2007
    chaberlack wrote:
    Mine is still not working. Is this being looked into as an issue affecting multiple users or are we on our own and need to modify our modifications to our sites?

If by "modifications" you are referring to the slideshow, its not the problem as I don't have a slideshow on my site.

I don't think the urgency is quite there at the moment since this only effects the owner of the smugmug site while they are logged in using Internet Explorer. It doesn't effect end users and it doesn't effect the owner while logged in using Firefox or any other non-IE based browser.

Side note: I would highly recommend using Firefox as the primary browser anyway. Only use IE when you need to test something in IE...
    edited June 8, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    If by "modifications" you are referring to the slideshow, its not the problem as I don't have a slideshow on my site.

I don't think the urgency is quite there at the moment since this only effects the owner of the smugmug site while they are logged in using Internet Explorer. It doesn't effect end users and it doesn't effect the owner while logged in using Firefox or any other non-IE based browser.

Side note: I would highly recommend using Firefox as the primary browser anyway. Only use IE when you need to test something in IE...

Yes, I ment stuff like the slideshow, navbar stuff like that. It would be nice if there was a some sort of acknowledgement that this is a problem and they are working on it. Early on there was but that seems to just have died. I can use FF and wait but I do use IE normally and would like to get back to using it.