Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2011
    Agree, the blue one with the reflection looks great. I think you've nailed it. Now go away and don't look at it for a week. If after that you still like it the instant you look at it then you're on to a winner.
  • Options
    imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Logo/Watermark C&C
    Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Help?

1155268574_iy4AP-S.png

938941257_GPmbC-S.png
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 13, 2011
    Hi folks

I've merged the individual threads regarding logo design with the "business card" thread as a matter of housekeeping, keeping similar /related subjects grouped together. thumb.gif

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited January 13, 2011
    coldclimb wrote: »
    1154169108_p7LXK-S.jpg

I like this design best. Is there a way you could make the "road" cross the "mountain" to make more of an "A" for Azimuth? What if the top of the road was the only line you used and just a bit bigger--same orientation and a tad bit lower.

I like the idea of the fill color looking like a mountain. The logo is simple and if I look at it, I think I 'get' it.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    Angelo wrote: »
    Hi folks

I've merged the individual threads regarding logo design with the "business card" thread as a matter of housekeeping, keeping similar /related subjects grouped together. thumb.gif

That sure had me confused for a minute. rolleyes1.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2011
    Alright, we've moved on a little, picked some mellow blues, and added some text, and we're liking it. Tell us what you think! This one has a transparent background, so it might not show too well against the colors of this forum, but let's try to ignore that since I'm lazy. rolleyes1.gif And it looks fairly neat as a watermark as well.

1159978665_q5fHT-M.png1109646953_iLSfH-L.jpg
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2011
    clap.gif
    I really like the progress you've made on the logo! This version is really great. I really like it without the background. I know that on some photos you'll need the background so the text shows on a photo, but I would say use it without the background as much as possible.

My only other nit is the "Adventure Photography" line. I think with the large A in Azimuth, it's a bit too much to have the A and P in the second line also larger. Try them at the same height as the rest of the text, it'll make the overall look a little less busy. Also, try that second line in a san serif font (Helvetica, Arial, etc). In your watermark, the second line is pretty hard to read. A san serif font would be clearer for that line.

Overall, great work on this version! thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 18, 2011
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    ...I think with the large A in Azimuth, it's a bit too much to have the A and P in the second line also larger. Try them at the same height as the rest of the text, it'll make the overall look a little less busy. Also, try that second line in a san serif font (Helvetica, Arial, etc). In your watermark, the second line is pretty hard to read. A san serif font would be clearer for that line.

Overall, great work on this version! thumb.gif

I also like this a lot and I would apply CW's suggestions to the word Azimuth as well.
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2011
    Thanks guys, I'll try those out today! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    So it looks like I'm in need of a card... I sold four prints to my dentist a month ago and he called asking for cards to hand out to all the people inquiring about buying prints :ivar
    The site is a blog with weekly updates of photos of the town. I was trying to find a thread/post that went through strategies of designing a card but, after reading 20+ pages of this thread, decided to post my best efforts. I'm interested in a single-sided card as it will likely be taped under the photographs on the wall. Also will hand out at other times.
    Here's what I have so far:
    11195816239_rwUn3-S.jpg

21195816255_kcUTo-S.jpg

31195816276_8GyCE-S.jpg

41195816169_2gqHD-S.jpg

51195816155_vqGWQ-S.jpg

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    I think it is too wordy. A saying from my high school english teacher: "If it goes without saying, then it doesn't need to be said." So get rid of "contact:", "see more images...", "photos available for purchase as"

I prefer the image in 2,4,5. Not sure where I would put it. I am thinking at the top, and cluster the words together at the bottom. It may seem less busy, I like the black background.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    Thanks Dee
    Spent a few hours on a new direction...is this better?

Front
    1196022340_Q8e3f-M-1.jpg

Back
    1196022397_wZBq2-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    eorin, I am guessing you are going for a mirrored effect? But the two d's are not lined up. I would squish the H slightly to make it the same width as the E. :) interesting effect.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    Thanks Gerry - yup, first try at the mirror effect. I'll try to single out the H for 'squishing' mwink.gif
    E
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    Hmmm...anyone wanna lend a hand on shrinking the H without affecting the upside down W or D?
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    The white on black would probably look great on pearl paper. and what if you tried a ripply water effect on the lower half, it could look interesting on the black bg.

I would recommend bevel and emboss, but I probably like more than most people.
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    if you are doing it in photoshop simply have the h in its own text layer and use the transform tool. :)
  • Options
    Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    Here is my first stab, Id really enjoy some feedback!
    Let me know what you all think!

Front.
    1196012565_87NyM-X3.jpg

Back.
    1196012559_uf3jg-L.jpg

What do you all think? Im thinking about giving these a go but wanted a second opinion!
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    Thanks Gerry. Got it figured out. I flipped the text, changed E to black. Made a new H and then transformed it into place.
    New version below. Will likely play a bit with spacing of Wednesdays in Marblehead under the logo.
    1196065902_EnT5g-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2011
    Very cool card Bryan!
    Just a couple of quick questions:
    What is the white triangle at right upper front and left upper back?
    I'm assuming the handprint on the right image is a watermark but would remove it from the card
    Also, I'm seeing black dots above the horses. Not sure what they are.
    Really, really like this concept and the image you chose.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2011
    Interesting concept Bryan. I wonder how many normal folks will notice the 1.2 and realize that means there is expensive glass attached. :)
  • Options
    Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Very cool card Bryan!
    Just a couple of quick questions:
    What is the white triangle at right upper front and left upper back?

I was going to have the card cut there sort of like NYC metro cards
    Also, I'm seeing black dots above the horses. Not sure what they are.
    Those are crows!
    Really, really like this concept and the image you chose.
    Thanks! I know the punch holes dont line up and that not many will realize that its a viewfinder view but really like the concept.
  • Options
    david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    So far my wife like it. I mean really so far. At least I got one client to start with.

1196461550_7mxGS-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2011
    david, the only problem I can see is in a couple of years, after you have passed the learning stage, these cards will still be floating around. :)
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    david-low wrote: »
    So far my wife like it. I mean really so far. At least I got one client to start with.[/IMG]
    One sentence ends with a full stop, but only one. And what is 'creat'? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    So far my wife like it. I mean really so far. At least I got one client to start with.

Lose the "I'm still at..." stuff. I wouldn't hire you because of that. You may be "new", but you don't need to broadcast that.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2011
    Lose the "I'm still at..." stuff. I wouldn't hire you because of that. You may be "new", but you don't need to broadcast that.
    Probably that was the reason I got the "Most Honest Citizen' Award. I probably will add 'Full professional fees apply and no refund expected for any blotch shots"
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2011
    One sentence ends with a full stop, but only one. And what is 'creat'? ne_nau.gif

Your sir name comes in handy. Thanks for pointing out spelling error.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    Your sir name comes in handy.
    My surname? How?
  • Options
    eweb84eweb84 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    The back of my cards. The front of the cards are photos I have taken.

1197059798_zTtAV-S-1.jpg

1197059109_5irDJ-S.jpg