Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Soppy wrote: »
    My only hangup with Moo was that they seemed expensive. I know you pay for quality, but I can get almost twice the cards Moo offers if I order from GotPrint. I just don't see how 2x the price could be worth it, maybe I will if I try Moo though...

I hear you, but I actually got to see moo's cards yesterday (a photographer friend uses them). The print quality is excellent. The photographs that she had used looked wonderful. I ended up ordering 200 cards to see how they look (they have a 25% off sale going currently that ends tonight).

Here is the card that I made. I used 8 different photos for the backside (only show one here). If these come out good, then I will definitely order more. I do intend to stop by Gotprints shop later to see how their quality is compared to moo.

My card
    ======

1246052798_uww4E-L-1.jpg

Cheers,
  • Options
    SoppySoppy Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    That does look nice. I should be getting mine from gotprints on Thursday (they do take a while, though I have full gloss and corner cutting which adds time) and I'll let everyone know how they do.
    AWS Photographs
    Photography by Alex Sopchak
    Automotive | Portrait | Event
    Hosted by Squarespace 6
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2011
    Soppy wrote: »
    That does look nice. I should be getting mine from gotprints on Thursday (they do take a while, though I have full gloss and corner cutting which adds time) and I'll let everyone know how they do.

Yeah, do let us know your impressions of gotprint. I live not too far away from their shop, so I will be going to check out their printing quality in person, but would love to know another user's thoughts. People on here have mentioned that got print's quality is good (but I am not sure if they have compared that quality to moo's print quality).

Cheers,
  • Options
    DwightDwight Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    1250961833_fWamd-L.jpg1250961919_qDBAv-L.jpg
    Dwight Philpott
    Atlanta, Georgia

www.photographybydwight.com
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 13, 2011
    OK everyone let's keep this thread on track, showing off your business cards, not venting about various printers. deal.gif

thanks thumb.gif

• Options
    DwightDwight Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2011
    Got my cards at gotprint. I love them, very heavy stock and great quality.
    Dwight Philpott
    Atlanta, Georgia

www.photographybydwight.com
  • Options
    gmjphotosgmjphotos Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited April 15, 2011
    Got 'em done
    Cards designed, ordered @ GotPrint and received - happy as a kid in a toy store. Quality is good, cardstock is heavy and ... now I wonder what you guys think of course. Redesign for the next batch, or keep as is?

Front is glossy - hard to write on.

businesscard3whitefront.jpg

Back is matt - lower part is with just enough opacity that any pen color will easily be readable - when people take notes on your card, whether this be an appointment, phone number, etc. they tend to keep them longer...i think. headscratch.gif
    businesscard3whitebackn.jpg

I wonder if the backside isn't a bit too busy... ne_nau.gif

Mike

Mike - GMJPhotos
    www.gmjphotos.com
    Canon 7D - 70-200 f/2.8 IS | 85 f/1.8 | 28-135 f/3.5 and still the dire need for better glass
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2011
    shniks wrote: »
    Here is the card that I made. I used 8 different photos for the backside (only show one here).
    A nice, clean, well-balanced presentation without redundant detail.

However, have you noticed that everything on the face of the card is centred, but the byline for the photograph on the reverse is left-justified? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2011
    A nice, clean, well-balanced presentation without redundant detail.

However, have you noticed that everything on the face of the card is centred, but the byline for the photograph on the reverse is left-justified? ne_nau.gif

Yeah that was done intentionally. I did not want to center the box and text on the rear. I wanted it to look like it was a note clipped on the side. You aren't the first person to have mentioned that. :D

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2011
    gmjphotos wrote: »
    Cards designed, ordered @ GotPrint and received - happy as a kid in a toy store. Quality is good, cardstock is heavy and ... now I wonder what you guys think of course. Redesign for the next batch, or keep as is?

I wonder if the backside isn't a bit too busy... ne_nau.gif

Mike

Hi Mike,

How is the printing of the photo? Does it look photo-realistic or does it look dull? I am curious!

Thanks,
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2011
    shniks wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »
    Moo printed my cards quickly and the cards are of good quality.

There are several options for finishes too. Give 'em a look see.

THANKS for the moo suggestion Ian. I just received my cards and they are AWESOME. Wonderful card stock and the print quality of the photographs is just great. Happy camper here! :ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar

Cheers,
  • Options
    ReLLiK75ReLLiK75 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2011
    Please Critique
    After looking at all the amazing cards in this thread, I decided to go back and redesign my card as I immediately realized that it really didn't convey the level of professionalism I wish to convey. Fortunately I only printed a small batch from Overnightprints, so it's no big deal to order a new set. However, before I do, I'd like some feed back.

Heres the front:

i-VQLWLQ4-M.jpg

And the back:

i-4jj7XJ9-M.jpg

I do plan on moving the new logo over to my SM site, but not until I have the final card design complete.

So fire away!
    Wayne Posner Photography
    Blog: http://blog.wayneposner.com
  • Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    Erm, graphic style aside (it doesn't really do anything for me on that front). You have already mentioned your web address on the front, so why put it on the back too? Also, why two different logos on front and back. Finally, what is the logo on the back meant to be? It looks like a 1980's pixelated computer game.

Sorry to sound so negative, but better to be honest I guess.
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2011
    Erm, graphic style aside (it doesn't really do anything for me on that front). You have already mentioned your web address on the front, so why put it on the back too? Also, why two different logos on front and back. Finally, what is the logo on the back meant to be? It looks like a 1980's pixelated computer gam

Any suggests as to what else I can place on the back? My original design had a film strip with 4 photos, but previous comments in this thread caused me to rethink doing something like that. I don't want to spend a lot of money ordering various batches of cards with different photo backgrounds, so that option is out.

As for the symbol….It's not a logo. Google "QR Symbol" if you'd like to know more, but basically it allows you to quickly get to my website using the camera in your phone and a very simple app. Think barcode for websites...
    Wayne Posner Photography
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2011
    ReLLiK75 wrote: »
    Any suggests as to what else I can place on the back? My original design had a film strip with 4 photos, but previous comments in this thread caused me to rethink doing something like that. I don't want to spend a lot of money ordering various batches of cards with different photo backgrounds, so that option is out.

As for the symbol….It's not a logo. Google "QR Symbol" if you'd like to know more, but basically it allows you to quickly get to my website using the camera in your phone and a very simple app. Think barcode for websites...

Ok…I tried a completely different design for the front and tweaked the back a bit. Please let me know what you think now.

Front:
    i-nt3JKp7-M.jpg

Back:
    i-SgS55Tc-M.jpg
    Wayne Posner Photography
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2011
    i like the new front

the back has NO relationship to the front

how about:

lose the Atari game table. it means nothing

change the black frames to the same blue as the front of the card

lose the "www."

screen the three icons same as the text on the front

step the three black (blue) frames to congruent proportions, adjusting font size and kerning to fit accordingly.

my $.02 thumb.gif

• Options
    JPPhotographyJPPhotography Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 4, 2011
    That's not an atari game table, its a qr code(don't know if you were joking or not) its for scanning with a cell phone to take you to a website.
  • Options
    printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    That's not an atari game table, its a qr code(don't know if you were joking or not) its for scanning with a cell phone to take you to a website.

Haha. I knew EXACTLY what it was the first time I saw it. And, I thought it was a pretty cool idea! Maybe it's too "technically advanced" for some, but I thought it was clever and played around with a few of my own. :)

Blog Post: Fun with QR Codes
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter
  • Options
    printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    @Wayne, personally I liked the first design better. Sorry. ne_nau.gif

I would have removed the website from the back of that one and just left the QR code, with maybe a line of explanation above it for what it was.
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2011
    Ok…I tried a completely different design for the front and tweaked the back a bit. Please let me know what you think now.

Front:
    i-nt3JKp7-M.jpg

Back:
    i-SgS55Tc-M.jpg

What if you use the background on the front on the back as well? It'll get rid of all that empty white space, unless you want that space to make notes for clients. :)
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2011
    What if you use the background on the front on the back as well? It'll get rid of all that empty white space, unless you want that space to make notes for clients.

I ended up actually using the front and lightening it up significantly so that the the diagonal text was still visible. I also kept the QR image. Thankfully some people on here are technically literate and realized what it was. I think you'll start to see more and more business cards with QR codes present. It's just so much easier to scan a code then have to type in a web address when you want to get to a website via your phone.
    Wayne Posner Photography
  • Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    I ended up actually using the front and lightening it up significantly so that the the diagonal text was still visible. I also kept the QR image. Thankfully some people on here are technically literate and realized what it was. I think you'll start to see more and more business cards with QR codes present. It's just so much easier to scan a code then have to type in a web address when you want to get to a website via your phone.

You're maybe a few years ahead of most of us on this, but who knows maybe you are on to something.

I bet you have to explain what it is to more people than those who would actually find it useful though.
  • Options
    lacyvernallacyvernal Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    Would love some feedback on my card. It's an ornate cut that I love and am in the process of implementing into my branding.
    i-qGWV8Z9.png
    Lacy Lange
    Lacy Lange Photography
    www.lacylange.com
    Twitter: @lacylange
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2011
    lacyvernal wrote: »
    Would love some feedback on my card...

Very nice lacy. I like everything about it, except the numerous repeats of your name on the front.
  • Options
    grickettsgricketts Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    Don't know if I'm doing this right, the posting I mean. Anyway, here's my business card. Thought I would see what folks thought about it. Got Print did it and I'm happy with the results and quality of the card. Did some bookmarks also.
    http://gricketts.smugmug.com
    www.gricketts.com
    "The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    Would love some feedback on my card. It's an ornate cut that I love and am in the process of implementing into my branding.

By that, is it going to be die-cut? headscratch.gif I hope not.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited June 3, 2011
    You're kidding about the shape, right? If someone handed me a card in a shape like this it probably would get tossed, no way to nicely stash it in a stack of business cards where I want to remember the person / company.

The back doesn't offer any extra info and doesn't show an interesting graphic that isn't on the front. Why not use a color that could be used for jotting notes on the back of the card?

--- Denise
  • Options
    lacyvernallacyvernal Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Lol, wow! Thank you all for the feedback ;). Yes, the cards are cut that way. From what I've seen when I hand it to people they're more intrigued by it because it's unique & different, and most of them have never seen a card cut that way. I agree that my name is very repetitive on the card...I could take off the "lacy lange, photographer" part, but the rest of it is kind of important info for them to contact me or find me online?! Not much I can do about that I suppose.
    Lacy Lange
    Lacy Lange Photography
    www.lacylange.com
    Twitter: @lacylange
  • Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2011
    i-bMWRdrn-S.jpg
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com