Options

New Nikon Info Finally Released

1235»

Comments

• Options
    HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    kygarden wrote:
    If you haven't already seen these new D3 photos (from sports photog), here ya go...

http://galleries.daveeinsel.com/d3test/

Gentlefolk:

I have in my possession a check for US$10,350,726.53, the sum total of all my assets gained from my business ventures in Nigeria. The Government has frozen my funds however, and will not allow me access to them without proof of U.S. bank account in good standings. If you could be so kind as to provide your name, social security number, date of birth, and your banking account number I will transfer my funds to your account, thereby providing me access to my hard earned monies. I will pay a fee of US$100,000 for your assistance in this most important matter. I should mention Nigerian law requires that your bank account must contain a minimum of US$5,000 in order to be eligible for this process. I thank you in advance for your most gracious help!
    Tim
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    Gentlefolk:

I have in my possession a check for US$10,350,726.53, the sum total of all my assets gained from my business ventures in Nigeria. The Government has frozen my funds however, and will not allow me access to them without proof of U.S. bank account in good standings. If you could be so kind as to provide your name, social security number, date of birth, and your banking account number I will transfer my funds to your account, thereby providing me access to my hard earned monies. I will pay a fee of US$100,000 for your assistance in this most important matter. I should mention Nigerian law requires that your bank account must contain a minimum of US$5,000 in order to be eligible for this process. I thank you in advance for your most gracious help!

lol we'll get right on that...
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Some new D300 shots here
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    I'm still shooting with a d70s

ISO 3200 on these shoots looks like my 800, and the d300 800 looks better than my ISO 400 (from these shots).

I've got one on order from Ritz (prob one of the early pre-orders - ordered 1st day ritz had preordering available)
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited October 9, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Some new D300 shots here

Wow. Not out-of-this-world-wow like the D3, but a very useful improvement, especially coming from my D70.
    Tim
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,884 moderator
    edited October 9, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Some new D300 shots here

Awfully nice! ISO 6400 seems to be pushing it a bit (a lot of fine detail is lost), but up to ISO 3200 seems very usable. I'm very impressed with how much tonality remains at high-ISO. thumb.gifthumb

WTG Nikon!
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Some new D300 shots here

That's very encouraging. Appears to be about 1.5-2 stops better than my D200 and with more pleasing noise characteristics when it does show up. I pre-ordered from Ritz on 8-28...hope I'm in the first wave of shipments. I could use the ISO capability now.
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    holy crap, a VERY usable iso 800 and 1600. what a night and day difference over the d200 at those same iso levels. oh well, i don't regret my placing an order for the d3. i'll probably end up picking up a d300 as a 2nd body though
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Some new D300 shots here

How does the D300's high-ISO performance compare to the that of the D2Xs?
    Tim
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2007
    How does the D300's high-ISO performance compare to the that of the D2Xs?

I would say it has about a 1 to 1 1/2 stop advantage base don the jpegs I've seen.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2007
    Luminous-Landscape on the D3
    Harry