Options

Got My SmugMug Strap Thread

Comments

• Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 6, 2008
    OK, I guess they all didn't go out the door on the day they arrived. I just don't understand mwink.gif:D

Just curious where I stand in the queue (account name: LoveNLaughter, nickname: Scott_Quier). Added my request some weeks ago using your web-page/request form while logged in.

Yours is set to ship out in a few days.

It turns out that for a photo-sharing company, shipping out 7,000 straps just can't happen overnight.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Yours is set to ship out in a few days.
    Great!
    Sheaf wrote:
    It turns out that for a photo-sharing company, shipping out 7,000 straps just can't happen overnight.
    And that's what I attempted to convey by including the emoticons. I guess I missed the mark.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2008
    I missed the mark.

Nope, you hit 'em! (Sheaf=Mark) lol3.gif

246905470-S.jpg

Don't worry. I'll say it for all you peeps looking at this thread that have requested a strap - hang in there, we're gonna fill each and every request, promise. Mark has regular responsibilities here at SmugMug, too, and he's been doing Straps at night, weekends, whenever he can get to it.

We appreciate everyone's patience - and remember - if you've made the request through http://www.smugmug.com/free-stuff.mg or via an early PM to Sheaf (don't PM new requests!!!), it will be fulfilled, please give us some time :D

Thanks!
  • Options
    Twisted ImageTwisted Image Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Basically, we originally ordered 5,000 straps and ran out of supplies within a few weeks. If you didn't get one at that point, then you were too late. But we decided to order 10,000 more and fulfill all more requests. It took months for them to be manufactured, but they finally arrived two weeks ago and we are shipping them out as fast as we can.

If you give me your SmugMug nickname or PM your name or address, I can look it up and make sure I still have your order.
    PM sent....Thanks again...
  • Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Sheaf - can i just confirm an order for strap + stickers for me and a friend? Both ordered end ou OCT (just missed the 1st shipment cutoff)

Both smugmg users.

smugmug accounts: photog-raphy and syz

THank you
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Don't worry. I'll say it for all you peeps looking at this thread that have requested a strap - hang in there, we're gonna fill each and every request, promise. Mark has regular responsibilities here at SmugMug, too, and he's been doing Straps at night, weekends, whenever he can get to it.
    Thanks Mark!clap.gifthumbwings.gifD
    I bet you didn't think it would be like this when you signed up for this "little"projectmwink.gif

By the way, can you look up my...... (just kidding:D)

-Jon
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2008
    Raphy wrote:
    Sheaf - can i just confirm an order for strap + stickers for me and a friend? Both ordered end ou OCT (just missed the 1st shipment cutoff)

Both smugmg users.

smugmug accounts: photog-raphy and syz

THank you

So the Syz request was actually under a different nickname (Pt_Frost), but I do have it and it should go out soon. Your original request was under Raphy and a second a month ago with photog-raphy. Both of your orders actually shipped (enjoy the extra strap!), but they sometimes take a very long time shipping to your country because, well, the customs is terrible.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    So the Syz request was actually under a different nickname (Pt_Frost), but I do have it and it should go out soon. Your original request was under Raphy and a second a month ago with photog-raphy. Both of your orders actually shipped (enjoy the extra strap!), but they sometimes take a very long time shipping to your country because, well, the customs is terrible.

Great - thanks a lot! . I'll be sure to give away the extra strap to a local photog thumb.gif . You guys are great - ! clap.gif ...and yes, customs is awful, and not to mention the snail mail Canada Post.. rolleyes1.gif .. I'm surprised you guys even considered shipping to us up here.wings.gif
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    By the way, can you look up my...... (just kidding:D)

Ships on Monday! clap.gif
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2008
    I really was kidding. But thanks for the update thumb.gif
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Ships on Monday! clap.gif
    So, I hate to ask, because it just increases your workload.. BUT, I really want a Smuggie strap! Any idea when it'll ship? :D
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    So, I hate to ask, because it just increases your workload.. BUT, I really want a Smuggie strap! Any idea when it'll ship? :D

Your strap shipped out on Monday. It should arrive soon. Please let me know if it still hasn't arrived in a week or so.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Your strap shipped out on Monday. It should arrive soon. Please let me know if it still hasn't arrived in a week or so.
    Yay! I'll let you know if it doesn't show up.. I'm guessing it was delivered yesterday or today, and I just haven't noticed it yet! Thanks!!

David
  • Options
    pekapeka Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 11, 2008
    I got mine late last week, looks great. Thanks thumb.gif
  • Options
    entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    did mine get sent out yet?
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited February 11, 2008
    Raphy wrote:
    ...and yes, customs is awful, and not to mention the snail mail Canada Post.. rolleyes1.gif .. I'm surprised you guys even considered shipping to us up here.wings.gif
    It's so strange... For as long as I can remember, Canada has been one of the most difficult countries to ship to. Postal strikes, customs, snail mail, oh my. Half way around the world to South Africa, Australia? No problems.
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Yay!
    I got mine - thanks very much!
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    i can't wait to get mine :D
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2008
    Got mine! Thanks VERY much! It's amazing quality--really springy and soft. It's not as long as the original Canon strap I have, but, it's way cooler mwink.gif

Thanks so much! I'll use it with pride thumb.gif
  • Options
    TaylorVerdeTaylorVerde Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Okay so I hate to be the newbie here while everyone is basking in their straps and stickers but how do we get free straps and stickers? lol.
    Im lost. Id love to get a smugmug strap and sticker, is there any cost or somewhere we have to sign or put our mailing adress to get one?
    Those straps look pretty nice! :D
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    Okay so I hate to be the newbie here while everyone is basking in their straps and stickers but how do we get free straps and stickers? lol.
    Im lost. Id love to get a smugmug strap and sticker, is there any cost or somewhere we have to sign or put our mailing adress to get one?
    Those straps look pretty nice! :D

*sigh* yep I did it, I posted without reading enough of the thread to find out theres actually a link to order one through smugmug lol, oops!
    Sorry bout the spam, I know you guys hate it.
    But I will order, they look pretty stylish :D
  • Options
    dwayne_bradleydwayne_bradley Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    Here you go...
    http://smugmug.com/free-stuff.mg

Edit: I was just a little late!
  • Options
    shootershooter Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    It arrived last week! clap.gif Thanks so much.
  • Options
    ziggarziggar Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2008
    ziggar wrote:
    Nice clap.gif

will spend my time stalking the posty till i get it mwink.gif:D

still no sign here

anyone know how long they are taking to get to the UK ?
    fit to burst with anticipation here:ivar
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2008
    How long is the average wait for a strap after shipping? Also how long does it take before they are shipped? lol
  • Options
    entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2008
    ziggar wrote:
    still no sign here

anyone know how long they are taking to get to the UK ?
    fit to burst with anticipation here:ivar

I'm still waiting for mine as well.
  • Options
    RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    I'm not too worried, by the time it reaches me, I expect to have forgotten entirely, and it will surprise and delight me in incredible ways!!
  • Options
    ChuckMChuckM Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    I just got mine. I'd say it was 3-4 weeks. That's a guess though.

Plus, who knows I may have just hit the timing lottery with when I placed my order and when a shipment came in.

The strap will be worn with pride as a spread the smugmug love. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Do you guys remember, when you were kids, and you sent away for something from the back of a magazine, or cereal box? It's just like that ... lol3.gif
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Do you guys remember, when you were kids, and you sent away for something from the back of a magazin, or cereal box? It's just like that ... lol3.gif
    And the excitement will be just the same when the strap arrives - looking forward to mine!