Options

Got My SmugMug Strap Thread

Comments

• Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 11, 2008
    Jay Bird wrote:
    Sheaf,
    Just wanted to see if the straps are in the mail yet, I'm still needing a strap for the new dslr.
    Hate to bug you about a freebie but I will be proud to show my support for the site.

Thanks

It's in the mail, I promise. Just for kicks, I paid a bit extra for tracking on some packages a few weeks ago and some of the domestic ones took as long as 2 weeks to arrive. Just a bit more patience =)
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    I don't suppose you've tracked any Canadian ones? mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2008
    Robinivich wrote:
    I don't suppose you've tracked any Canadian ones? mwink.gif

No offense to any Canadian postal workers out there, but the Canadian system seems to be one of the worst in the world.

I initially wondered why it was cheaper to send a package to the far reaches of Canada than to a house down the street. Then I realized that shipping to the house down the street was actually somewhat dependable and wouldn't take 2 months.

I did some tracking on Canadian packages a few months ago. The results were not encouraging.

Give it a few more weeks and let me know if it still hasn't arrived.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    I've got my best man on postman lookout duty.

264699148_gPDqM-M.jpg

Don't look too close or you'll see he's sleepin on the job.
  • Options
    king of englandking of england Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Almost Here
    I got my stickers last week! Thanks! Just waiting on the strap.
    Living in a Photoshop altered state.

Canon 1dmkII, Canon 30D, Canon 50 1.8, Canon 18-55, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 28-70 F2.8 L, Canon 580 EX, Canon CP 3 battery pack x2, assorted studio lighting
  • Options
    photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    New camer requires a cool strap
    Just hooked up my new canon 40D with my cool new SmugMug strap! It is the perfect accessory. Thanks! :D:D
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • Options
    FreezframeFreezframe Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Hey Sheaf do your best !!!!
    I would like to have mine before my trip to Germany,Austria,and Czech Republic...Leaving with my 14 and 17 yr old boys April 6th..(Hockey)

Thanx from another Canadian: Brady :D

No promises are a given !!!! I will cross my fingers !! bowdown.gif
    Dad/Photograher:ivar
  • Options
    RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    No offense to any Canadian postal workers out there, but the Canadian system seems to be one of the worst in the world.

I initially wondered why it was cheaper to send a package to the far reaches of Canada than to a house down the street. Then I realized that shipping to the house down the street was actually somewhat dependable and wouldn't take 2 months.

I did some tracking on Canadian packages a few months ago. The results were not encouraging.

Give it a few more weeks and let me know if it still hasn't arrived.
    Hehe, you'll get no arguments from me--I think Canada post feels that if a package is going to take 6 weeks and a miracle to reach Nunavut, it wouldn't be fair that the one you sent down the street got any better service...

Of course, then there's customs :shudders:
    But as has been mentioned, simply the fact that somewhere, somehow, there's a strap that may oneday be mine, makes me plenty happy wings.gif
  • Options
    saltydogsaltydog Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Wow - I didn't think I was going to get one after all, but the Smugmug guys DID come through indeed and mine just arrived in the mail. And no, it's not some cheapo contraption, it's actually reeeeaaally nice!

Go Smugmug wings.gif!
    all that we see or seem
    is but a dream within a dream
    - Edgar Allan Poe

http://www.saltydogphotography.com
    http://saltydogphotography.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    So here it is..the pic..nothing fancy just a badass strap :D

265280357_Kn86v-XL.jpg
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Ohhh i hope i get one... looks alot nicer than my Canon EOS strap!!!!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    Got mine yesterday! This is by far the nicest and most comfortable strap I've ever used! Thanks SmugMug!

...now i just need to figure out a way to get my website name embroidered on a couple straps...headscratch.gif
    --
    _:nod Nate____
    Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
    Speedlite 430 EX .
    Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2008
    hey Nate, Check with cafe press dot com, i think they can do that!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Got Mine!
    My very cool SmugMug camera strap arrived yesterday. I was so excited to put it on I had to do it TWICE!!! eek7.gif (that's because the first time I installed it I neglected to orient the strap so the logo was right-side up).rolleyes1.gif

When I went out with it last night to a social gathering, I got several complimentary comments.

Thanks SmugMug! wings.gif
  • Options
    qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    got my strap!!
    I got my strap yesterday and couldn't wait to put it on. It's VERY nice! My son who is interested in photography saw the strap and wanted to try it out. I made him pose with it for this thread. A real 'smug mug' holding the smugmug strap!

thanks so much!!!

265679772_pUffv-S.jpg
  • Options
    StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Received my strap yesterday. They are really nice.

Thanks so much SmugMug. What a great gesture! clap.gif
  • Options
    NappaloniaNappalonia Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Surpise, surprise, I got my strap todayclap.gif

Very, very good quality, thanks SmugMug:D
    http://nappalonia.smugmug.com/gallery/580776

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    20D :clap
    Canon
    18-55
    85 1.8 :wink
    Tamron
    28-75 2.8
    Sigma
    70-300 DG APO Macro
    30 1.4:thumb
  • Options
    TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Tommyboy wrote:
    Got my stickers about two months ago. Thanks!

I've been trying not to ask about my strap, but now I'm beginning to wonder if my order when through. . . .

Any idea? REALLY sorry to ask.
    Sheaf wrote:
    It will hopefully go out Monday. Sorry about the delay.

Just like you said!

265799121_qW8qH-L.jpg

This greeted me at my mailbox today (haven't checked the mail in a few days)

265799296_zHmQE-L.jpg

And here's the lovely Mrs. Tommyboy modeling the strap that will hold the camera that will take the pictures of the baby that will be born in about five months!

As others have said, it's a beautifully manufactured, high-quality strap. Very comfortable, too.

Thanks again, SmugMug. You guys are the best!
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    I hate to bug ya about free stuff Sheaf, but I requested a while back, and just wanted to know if I was still on the list. If not, no worries, I could just submit another request. thumb.gif
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    I hate to bug ya about free stuff Sheaf, but I requested a while back, and just wanted to know if I was still on the list. If not, no worries, I could just submit another request. thumb.gif

Yeah, I have it and should be able to get it out fairly soon. I am doing the last of the orders of logged in SmugMuggers still.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Yeah, I have it and should be able to get it out fairly soon. I am doing the last of the orders of logged in SmugMuggers still.
    Nice, thanks man. wings.gif
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Glory2Jesus4PhotographyGlory2Jesus4Photography Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    It is funny every one else seemed to get their stickers first I got my strap like a month ago and still no stickers ne_nau.gif Thats ok I love the strap use it all the time. If you all don't give them all away are we going to be able to buy one mwink.gifmwink.gif hint hint.
    I know my spelling and grammar are poor some times my spell check says "I got nothing
    for you" and there/ their is no grammar check yet so please forgive me Jesus did.
    My Web site:
    http://Glory2Jesus4Photography.smugmug.com/
    My blog: http://glory2jesus4photography.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Bourbon CowboyBourbon Cowboy Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    I actually printed off your address label today. Coming soon!

Thanks Sheaf!!! I got it today, and it's currently on my D300. SWEET strap!
    Mark
    Bodies: D700/D300/D50/D50IR/F100/FE2. Lights: SB-900/700; SU-800; SD-9; SB-400.
    AF Lenses:14-24; 24-70; 70-200; 28-105; 28-200G; 18-70; 70-300VR; 35/2; 300 2.8 AF; Tamron 17-35, & 90mm; Sigma 50 1.4.
    Old School: 75-150 Series E; 200 f/4 Ai'd; 135 2.8 Ai'd; 85 1.8 Ai'd; 50 1.4 Ai'd; 28 3.5 Ai'd.
    Cool Stuff: Wacom Intous3, CS3, LR2, Bogen 3021 & Super Repro, Arca Swiss B1, etc.
    www.theprintsofdarkness.net
  • Options
    ziggarziggar Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 15, 2008
    Finally got mine at last :D

thanks Guysclap.gif

still no stickers though headscratch.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Uh Ohne_nau.gif

I got one.....last year some time, and did not realize there was a thread in the forum. Thanks. It is nice and comfortable!!!

thumb.gif
  • Options
    LensCapLensCap Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Got mine like in 3 or 4 weeks! I like it, love it, think I'll sleep on it! Thanks!!!clap.gifclap.gif
    Randy Sartin
    http://sartinphoto.com

Nikon Stuff (not that it really matters)
  • Options
    UT ScottUT Scott Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    I just got mine too! clap.gif I love this strap wings.gif
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Mine came while I was in Japan last week!!! It was a nice present to come home to. Very excited about it, wasn't expecting a stretchy strap for free :) Once I upgrade to a 40D, I plan to put it on my present Rebel which will become my backup camera / husbands toy at that point. (Only reason my present strap stays on my main camera is it has flash card holders that I can't live without)

Thanks!
  • Options
    T-BoT-Bo Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 16, 2008
    WOO WHOO! Got my SmugMug Strap
    Wasn't sure if I would get one but 'lo and behold it came!!!!wings.gif :ivar I was surprised to see a lovely marriage between my Oly and my new SmugMug Strap. Love is definitely in the air! I think they make a very striking couple!iloveyou.gif And apparently my Oly only has eyes for SmugMug.
    266393077_VjTgf-S.jpg

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! wings.gif
  • Options
    rbrugmanrbrugman Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Mine was waiting for me when I got home from Europe. Thank you Smugmug for putting your customers first!