Options

Pros: How to Sell Cards to your clients

Comments

• Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    lenka77 wrote:
    Thanks for the help but I think that both of my galleries, the 4x8 one and the 5x7 one have the sample 4x8 cards and no 5x7 cards. Any chance you could take one more look?

THANK YOU!!

Lenka :)

Hi Lenka,

It should be working now, 5x7 gallery. Sorry about that!

Shay
  • Options
    lenka77lenka77 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 21, 2008
    lenka77 wrote:
    Thanks for the help but I think that both of my galleries, the 4x8 one and the 5x7 one have the sample 4x8 cards and no 5x7 cards. Any chance you could take one more look?

THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    coach-alcoach-al Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    Holiday Cards suggestions:
    Hi Andy,

Thank you for doing the cards.:D

How about price breaks? I've got a customer that wants 275 cards. No price break?

Also, for the prices you are asking how about return address on the envelopes?

I look forward to your setup for pro pricing.

Thanks, Coach Al
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    coach-al wrote:
    How about price breaks? I've got a customer that wants 275 cards. No price break?
    I'm sorry Al, we've already gotten the best possible pricing - check around deal.gif
    Also, for the prices you are asking how about return address on the envelopes?
    I've seen pricing for return addresses on the labels, and it's nearly double our prices.
  • Options
    lenka77lenka77 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 23, 2008
    lenka77 wrote:
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! bowdown.gif

Ok, so now both of my Christmas card galleries work, (for which I am very thankful!) but they both appear as empty when you are looking at them from my main page. Is there any way to add a picture of one of the christmas cards so you can preview what is in each gallery? OR am I just asking for too much??

Thank you!!

• Options
    nikkiraenikkirae Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    This is great but...
    Andy wrote:
    Our new holiday cards are available for creation and purchase, only by you - as a logged-in SmugMugger. Sure, we'd love to have the ability to have your customers configure, make and buy - but we don't have that yet.

For now, you can do lots of things to assist your customers :)
    4x8 Cards:
    Here's one way that I came up with.

5x7 Cards:
    Another Gallery, 5x7s.
    How to?

1. Make a new gallery. Force style to allthumbs.
    2. Put this in the gallery description:

[php]
    <html>
    <div align="center" ><object height="600" width="800">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=trie&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="000000">
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="all">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=true&showLogo=false&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" height="600" width="800"></object>

</div>
    </html>
    [/php]

To really make it personal - use your OWN images, making up all the sample cards on your own :) But do feel free to use our sample gallery, it's no problem at all :)

Then, add your your own text, telling customers how they can pay you, and tell you what card, and what image. I use Google Checkout but any payment mechanism will do :) Post your how-to questions in the customizing forum.

You'll want to add this to your CSS, as well:

.nophotos {display: none;}
    .loggedIn .nophotos {display: block;}

Happy Carding!

<html>
    <div align="center" ><object height="600" width="800">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=trie&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="000000">
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="all">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=true&showLogo=false&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" height="600" width="800"></object>

</div>
    </html>

Since I did put the codes into my description box, I now have the "This is a new Gallery with no photos" text under the slide. How do I fix that?
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    lenka77 wrote:
    Ok, so now both of my Christmas card galleries work, (for which I am very thankful!) but they both appear as empty when you are looking at them from my main page. Is there any way to add a picture of one of the christmas cards so you can preview what is in each gallery? OR am I just asking for too much??

Thank you!!

I uploaded images from the cards galleries to your site so they will be used for the category thumbs. I used css to hide the images in the gallery and some of the 'extra' gallery things. All the css I used is listed in your css section under /* cards galleries */
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    nikkirae wrote:
    Since I did put the codes into my description box, I now have the "This is a new Gallery with no photos" text under the slide. How do I fix that?
    Add to your css section:

.nophotos h3 {display: none;}
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2008
    richW wrote:
    Add to your css section:

.nophotos h3 {display: none;}

Thank you Rich! I do appreciate it! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2008
    nikkirae wrote:
    Thank you Rich! I do appreciate it! thumb.gif
    I know, I know.. I need allot of help...:D
    But I just need to make my greeting cards slide show fit into the theme box. It just needs to be a bit smaller. I tried to correct the object size in my description but it does not change. I just need the width a little smaller. Does anyone know how to do that? Again sorry for the needy-ness.
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2008
    nikkirae wrote:
    But I just need to make my greeting cards slide show fit into the theme box. It just needs to be a bit smaller. I tried to correct the object size in my description but it does not change. I just need the width a little smaller. Does anyone know how to do that? Again sorry for the needy-ness.

Geeze.. I keep forgetting to leave a link:
    http://nicolerae-photography.smugmug.com/gallery/6638067_AxzsT
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2008
  • Options
    MitchMitch Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    How much are the cards?
    Where can I find the pricing for the cards?

I'm sure it's there somewhere and I am just missing it, but then it is 4:00 AM. Time for me to go to bed.

Thanks all

Mitch
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2008
    Mitch wrote:
    Where can I find the pricing for the cards?

I'm sure it's there somewhere and I am just missing it, but then it is 4:00 AM. Time for me to go to bed.

Thanks all

Mitch
    Footer link from any public SmugMug page, takes you to our catalog: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog.mg

thumb.gif
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Okay, so I've created the card, and now want to place the order. But no "Buy" option?

http://www.greensquaredimages.com/gallery/6076103_ipvPW#424313980_HdVtQ

I must be missing something...ne_nau.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    edited November 25, 2008
    Okay, so I've created the card, and now want to place the order. But no "Buy" option?

http://www.greensquaredimages.com/gallery/6076103_ipvPW#424313980_HdVtQ

I must be missing something...ne_nau.gif
    Hi Emily, you have printing set to "no" in your gallery customizing. Set it to yes and you'll be all set.
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Emily, you have printing set to "no" in your gallery customizing. Set it to yes and you'll be all set.

Well now, that's just a step beyond checking that your computer is plugged in before calling support. Way too easy! rolleyes1.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I really don't understand, sorry :( If you are making your own template, you can print on the back. If you are using our custom design template, there's no text box on the back, sorry, but we'll look to add one maybe thumb.gif
    Hi Andy - could you clarify the bolded statement I've quoted above? Is there some magic sized image I can upload that will be used to create a completely custom 5x7 folded card?

Perhaps I've missed something. If you can't currently do this, let me throw it out there as an idea that this would be awesome - and by awesome I mean, totally sweet.

...Photoshop template + add images + text + design + upload = card = sweet
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2008
    rdlugosz wrote:
    Hi Andy - could you clarify the bolded statement I've quoted above? Is there some magic sized image I can upload that will be used to create a completely custom 5x7 folded card?

Perhaps I've missed something. If you can't currently do this, let me throw it out there as an idea that this would be awesome - and by awesome I mean, totally sweet.

...Photoshop template + add images + text + design + upload = card = sweet
    See the last FAQ here http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=111669
  • Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Andy wrote:

DUDE! Thanks Andy, that rules. (Not sure how I missed it though...)

Have a happy thanksgiving.
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2008
    nikkirae wrote:

Does anyone know how to resize the greeting card slideshow to fit into my theme box? Heres the link:

And here too:

I would truly appreciate any help.
    headscratch.gif
  • Options
    baldezarbaldezar Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2008
    Coupla questions
    Andy,

I created a couple of galleries using your script for photo cards and folding cards.

I find that the one for photo cards does not show all of the nearly 40 options. Can those be made available?

Also, the example you site seems to offer no way to interactively select a card design. Am I missing something? I think asking customers to describe a specific design from among 30 or 40 is a bit burdensome.

So my last question is, how can I create a similar slide show/ gallery for, say, a dozen designs that I'd like to offer, instead of the whole set?

Thanks,

Randy
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    baldezar wrote:
    Andy,

I created a couple of galleries using your script for photo cards and folding cards.

I find that the one for photo cards does not show all of the nearly 40 options. Can those be made available?

Also, the example you site seems to offer no way to interactively select a card design. Am I missing something? I think asking customers to describe a specific design from among 30 or 40 is a bit burdensome.

So my last question is, how can I create a similar slide show/ gallery for, say, a dozen designs that I'd like to offer, instead of the whole set?

Thanks,

Randy
    Make your own samples and substitute your own designs/photos for ours? You could # them as well.
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    nikkirae wrote:
    Does anyone know how to resize the greeting card slideshow to fit into my theme box? Heres the link:

And here too:

I would truly appreciate any help.
    headscratch.gif
    I changed 800 to 700 in your code. Done/Fixed.
  • Options
    Don-McCunnDon-McCunn Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 29, 2008
    5x7 Cards
    Hi Andy,

I'm new to Smug Mug. Signed up for the Professional. When I was mentioning to my wife about the cards she said she loved to have some blank ones.

What are the chance of setting up the cards so customers can order just blank cards with no messages?

Thanks in advance
    Don
  • Options
    SkipperrikSkipperrik Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Andy,

I've tried placing your recommended text in my CSS sheet to remove the words "This is a brand new gallery with no photos" as well as the text .nophotos h3 {display: none;}. Nothing seems to eliminate it. Would you mind taking a look?

http://richardsharpephotography.com
    http://rgsharpe.smugmug.com/gallery/6728021_zhRk3

Thanks!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Skipperrik wrote:
    Andy,

I've tried placing your recommended text in my CSS sheet to remove the words "This is a brand new gallery with no photos" as well as the text .nophotos h3 {display: none;}. Nothing seems to eliminate it. Would you mind taking a look?

http://richardsharpephotography.com
    http://rgsharpe.smugmug.com/gallery/6728021_zhRk3

Thanks!
    Your CSS is not enabled on that page.
    Under customize gallery check "custom" for appearance and not "Smugmug".

You only need the third one below.

.notLoggedIn .nophotos h3 {display: none;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    SkipperrikSkipperrik Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Your CSS is not enabled on that page.
    Under customize gallery check "custom" for appearance and not "Smugmug".

You only need the third one below.

.notLoggedIn .nophotos h3 {display: none;}

Thanks Allen. All is in order now. I appreciate your help.

Richard
  • Options
    irenelucierirenelucier Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Custom Design Can Happen, Right?
    Andy wrote:
    Our new holiday cards are available ...
    I mocked up a design in the SM card creator. Then I replaced the file in the My SmugMug Creations > Cards gallery with my own design file.

429965970_qFMZY-M-1.jpg

Now, what I see in my shopping cart is my design. So it's all good and I can just order the cards as I designed. Right? I am a little concerned that I'm assuming to simple a process.

429967764_446En-L.jpg
    Irene
  • Options
    Eric 415Eric 415 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 6, 2008
    Help selling Christmas cards.
    Andy:

You wrote something at the bottom that I didn't understand:

"You'll want to add this to your CSS, as well:

.loggedIn .nophotos {display: block;} "

What is the CSS?

Thanks,
    Eric 415

Andy wrote:
    Our new holiday cards are available for creation and purchase, only by you - as a logged-in SmugMugger. Sure, we'd love to have the ability to have your customers configure, make and buy - but we don't have that yet.

For now, you can do lots of things to assist your customers :)
    4x8 Cards:
    Here's one way that I came up with.

5x7 Cards:
    Another Gallery, 5x7s.
    How to?

1. Make a new gallery. Force style to allthumbs.
    2. Put this in the gallery description:

[php]

[/php]

To really make it personal - use your OWN images, making up all the sample cards on your own :) But do feel free to use our sample gallery, it's no problem at all :)

Then, add your your own text, telling customers how they can pay you, and tell you what card, and what image. I use Google Checkout but any payment mechanism will do :) Post your how-to questions in the customizing forum.

You'll want to add this to your CSS, as well:

Happy Carding!

<OBJECT height=600 width=800>
    &nbsp
    &nbsp
    &nbsp
    &nbsp
    &nbsp
    </p></p></p></p></p>&nbsp
    <embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=true&showLogo=false&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" height="600" width="800"></OBJECT>