Options

Pros: How to Sell Cards to your clients

Comments

• Options
    Sensei-DadSensei-Dad Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 21, 2009
    Custom Fonts on Photo Cards?
    I have tested a few cards and used the customized one with the photo on the front, but I saw no option to change the font using a MAC and Safari.

Did I miss that or do I have to use something else?

I just want to know if I change the fonts, sizes, etc.

thanks in advance!
  • Options
    HeatherH2HeatherH2 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    Hello everyone! Is there a new code that has all of the holiday cards including holiday, Christmas, Chanukah? I notice when I'm logged in to Smug Mug as me I can see a whole bunch of other cards that are not coming up when I make a gallery with this code. Hope that makes sense and let me know! Heather
  • Options
    thaKingthaKing Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2009
    bump! i'm interested in a response to HeatherH2's question...

or, if i take the images for the other samples (baby, xmas, etc) and upload those to my site, how do i then get them to a flash slideshow?
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2009
    thaKing wrote:
    bump! i'm interested in a response to HeatherH2's question...

or, if i take the images for the other samples (baby, xmas, etc) and upload those to my site, how do i then get them to a flash slideshow?

Hmm so the sample code is pulling just a single gallery from cards.smugmug.com, but the problem is the sample cards are divvied up so different holidays each have their own gallery.

Would you still need/want this type of setup if we let you price and sell cards through the shopping cart? Or would you feel comfortable sending clients to cards.smugmug.com to browse there...

-Anne
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    well, what i actually ended up doing was creating my own flash for the xmas cards, just like the holiday cards...thanks!

if enabled to allow clients to purchase, i don't think this would be needed....

btw, how close are we to getting that? iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    BMMImagesBMMImages Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hmm so the sample code is pulling just a single gallery from cards.smugmug.com, but the problem is the sample cards are divvied up so different holidays each have their own gallery.

Would you still need/want this type of setup if we let you price and sell cards through the shopping cart? Or would you feel comfortable sending clients to cards.smugmug.com to browse there...

-Anne

I would REALLY love for my customers to be able to buy their own cards. All my clients are set up to proof their images and buy their prints through SmugMug, but the cards situation is much too complicated.

Is there any chance this is going to happen before the holidays this year? I can guarantee that at least half my clients would jump on cards if it was all in the same place as prints.

Thanks!

Bob
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Also, along the same lines (and a search didn't yield any results), is there a PDF file available with all the card templates that pros can print off to show to and give to clients? It's nice to be able to hand families a printed page with the templates to look at offline. I have one from MPix that they just sent out, but I can't seem to find one for SmugMug.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2009
    we're in early Nov now...i have a few Xmas card shoots lined up...any update on if this will be available like Anne alluded to earlier?
  • Options
    JDEORTAJDEORTA Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2009
    Ok can anyone help me out? I'm trying to do the same slide show but with the christmas cards. what code would i use?? thanks in advance.
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

www.deortaphotography.com
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited November 4, 2009
    thaKing wrote:
    we're in early Nov now...i have a few Xmas card shoots lined up...any update on if this will be available like Anne alluded to earlier?
    We're investing a very big effort into cards with many late nights...
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2009
    Baldy wrote:
    We're investing a very big effort into cards with many late nights...
    i know, just hoping to have them ready by the end of the month for clients...hoping that the goal is to have them ready for this season...

keep up the good work! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2009
    JDEORTA wrote:
    Ok can anyone help me out? I'm trying to do the same slide show but with the christmas cards. what code would i use?? thanks in advance.
    ok, so you're saying you want the Xmas cards and not the Holiday Cards (or in addition too, whichever)?

what i did was take the cards from http://cards.smugmug.com and put them in a gallery on my site...then used the code on page 1 of this thread (with slight modification to point to my correct gallery) and voila! i have Xmas cards in a slideshow....
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2009
    I don't doubt for a minute the SmugMug team is busting their butts to get this done (I can only imagine the technical issues). You guys rock!

In the meantime, would it be possible to have made available a downloadable PDF of all the templates that we could print out and hand out to clients with their printed proofs? I don't mind setting up and ordering my clients' cards, necessarily, but I hate to hand them proofs and make them go to the Web to view templates (which aren't really numbered or ID'd in a way that makes it easy for clients to select a design). MPix sent me a PDF of all their templates, and while I will be using SM for my cards, I'd love a good way for clients to select, offline, their designs of choice in that manner.

Thanks SM team!
  • Options
    rabhobbesrabhobbes Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    password for card gallery???
    Hi,

I had added the code (at the beginning of this thread)
    for my holiday card galleries here:

http://www.rebeccabrittain.com/Client/Holiday-Cards

The 5x7 gallery is fine, but now the 4x8 gallery is asking for a password out of the blue...I never made a password, so what is up?
    Did I miss something in the code or is something else screwed up? It just started this, it was fine a few days ago.
    Thanks!
    EDIT:

Ooops, I just saw where work is being done on the card gallery...I'll check back and see if that's the problem!
    www.rebeccabrittain.com
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    yep, that's definitely the problem...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    thaKing wrote:
    yep, that's definitely the problem...
    Stay tuned for a new, better way to sell cards to your clients :D
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Stay tuned for a new, better way to sell cards to your clients :D
    oh, i've been watching that other thread...i'm excited!
  • Options
    ollephantollephant Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2009
    thaKing wrote:
    oh, i've been watching that other thread...i'm excited!

I read through this whole thread and saw that several people asked how to customize and insert our customized samples in - and no answer

I have no idea how to customize as all i have is a slideshow gallery with current sampls - no option to build my own card/smaples and I am still unclear as to how to set it up so customers can buy - which is a moot point if I don't even now how to create the cards for them. help???
    amanda nicole dugan
    photosbyamandanicole.com

"You have the ear you were born with, but the eye keeps on learning"
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2009
    ollephant wrote:
    I read through this whole thread and saw that several people asked how to customize and insert our customized samples in - and no answer

I have no idea how to customize as all i have is a slideshow gallery with current sampls - no option to build my own card/smaples and I am still unclear as to how to set it up so customers can buy - which is a moot point if I don't even now how to create the cards for them. help???

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2009/11/10/major-card-upgrade-november-10-2009/
  • Options
    fotomichellefotomichelle Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    How do Clients purchase directly from the site?
    Ok, maybe I'm missing something but when you say "you'll post it, and email them the link, and they can just buy it from your site :)" How do they actually order it from the site? I logged off and tried to order a sample card that I had made and the option for 4x8 card is not there. The help file says only you the photographer can order. . I'm confused how my client will pay me. :-/
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2009
    Ok, maybe I'm missing something but when you say "you'll post it, and email them the link, and they can just buy it from your site :)" How do they actually order it from the site? I logged off and tried to order a sample card that I had made and the option for 4x8 card is not there. The help file says only you the photographer can order. . I'm confused how my client will pay me. :-/

I got it to work on my site, just followed the directions in the release notes.

http://www.musicman5photos.com/My-SmugMug-Creations/Cards/3861601_cWbgK

I build the card that the customer wants, put it in this gallery where I have applied Pro Pricing to and they can order it just like any other print. Seems to work very well.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Does this help?

http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2009/11/11/how-to-sell-cards/

ear.gif
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Add my own cards
    Ok great thanks I will try that! Also, I have some cards I created on my own. How do I add these to the smugmug gallery of templates and have them all in one gallery?
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2009
    Ok great thanks I will try that! Also, I have some cards I created on my own. How do I add these to the smugmug gallery of templates and have them all in one gallery?
    I'm sorry, your templates can't work with our card maker, I wish I had a better answer. But you can make your own cards, and price them to sell at pro pricing - here's more:

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Make+your+own+photo+cards
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    I see. Well, I guess if I really wanted to I could save all of the cards I want to offer then repost them in my own gallery with my own cards then give them all names (card 1, card 2) so the client can specify which one they like. Then go from there. If that is not stealing images or anything. :-)

I may just go with the smugmug gallery option. If I do this, where is the template name or card name for them to specify which one they want?
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Oh and one more thing. :-) I made a 4x8 gallery and a 5x7 gallery. The 4x8 gallery shows 5x7 cards and 4x8. . . Is there a new code to link to the 4x8 gallery only?
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    I see. Well, I guess if I really wanted to I could save all of the cards I want to offer then repost them in my own gallery with my own cards then give them all names (card 1, card 2) so the client can specify which one they like. Then go from there. If that is not stealing images or anything. :-)

I may just go with the smugmug gallery option. If I do this, where is the template name or card name for them to specify which one they want?
    They can tell you the photo #, or copy and paste the url, or use the share button to get the link.

I'm gonna ask Anne to come up with an ID# structure.
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2009
    Oh and one more thing. :-) I made a 4x8 gallery and a 5x7 gallery. The 4x8 gallery shows 5x7 cards and 4x8. . . Is there a new code to link to the 4x8 gallery only?
    I updated post #1.
  • Options
    mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    They can tell you the photo #, or copy and paste the url, or use the share button to get the link.

That would make it easier.
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2009
    Andy wrote:

I was looking into setting up the cards on my own site yesterday and got stuck at:

1) How would the customer specify which card they want (using the moonriver slideshow as an example)

2) It would be really nice to be able to see the complete outside and inside of each 5x7 card. There are several example cards that do not provide links to an image of the inside and/or back of the card.

There is at least one supplied link that is broken...

The inside bottom link for card 6 of 25 is broken:
    http://cards.smugmug.com/photos/709970235_rtYtg0-O.jpg

P.S. It would be REALLY nice if all of the designs were made available for download in ZIP format so we could then selective decide which ones we want to offer and upload to our own galleries.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug