You wrote something at the bottom that I didn't understand:

"You'll want to add this to your CSS, as well:

.nophotos {display: none;}
    .loggedIn .nophotos {display: block;} "

What is the CSS?

Thanks,
    Eric 415

Explained: http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-colors2

holler for help if you need it, after reading that page.
  • Options
    irenelucierirenelucier Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Bump
    I guess I could just order one to see how it turns out. But "bump" to any one who knows the answer. Would this work? It's the same dimensions as the image created by the shopping cart.
    429921021_yUUMu-S-2.jpg
    Irene
  • Options
    MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Estimated Time of arrival?
    Hey Andy.....

is there an ETA on our customers being able to buy 5 x 7 custom cards from our galleries and, pro pricing for profit?

Curious.

Thank you,
    Markjay
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Hey Andy.....

is there an ETA
    No.
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    I guess I could just order one to see how it turns out. But "bump" to any one who knows the answer. Would this work? It's the same dimensions as the image created by the shopping cart.
    429921021_yUUMu-Th.jpg
    thumb.gif looks good Irene
  • Options
    Sensei-DadSensei-Dad Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2009
    Greeting Cards
    Although I appreciate the work around, when will you provide a way for my customers to get greeting cards just like any other print? Even if it's jut folded cards? Instead of me creating the card and charging them, I much rather use the shopping cart you provide. Right now, the web site tells my customers to either create their own account - not great for my business - or go through me to create the cards. Both options are not great.

any help????

regards
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2009
    Sensei-Dad wrote:
    Although I appreciate the work around, when will you provide a way for my customers to get greeting cards just like any other print? Even if it's jut folded cards? Instead of me creating the card and charging them, I much rather use the shopping cart you provide. Right now, the web site tells my customers to either create their own account - not great for my business - or go through me to create the cards. Both options are not great.

any help????

regards
    We sure hope to have this one day. You can add your voice! http://smugmug.uservoice.com thumb.gif
  • Options
    FrancoFranco Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    richW wrote:
    I uploaded images from the cards galleries to your site so they will be used for the category thumbs. I used css to hide the images in the gallery and some of the 'extra' gallery things. All the css I used is listed in your css section under /* cards galleries */

Is there anyway I could get the same help (as above) on my "Buy Cards - NEW!!!" gallery? I like the idea of not having the "Empty Gallery" image... Also, I tried making a card and clicked on the "Build It." It created the gallery and for some reason saved (initially) three separate images of the same Christmas card I was trying out as a test. Is there a reason it would make three of the same cards? The fourth one in my gallery is just a copy. Of course, I can't tell which is the copy I made and which are the other three that the SM Creator made, but there all in my "Cards" (unlisted) gallery. Maybe a computer glitch, but just checking in case there is a difference I'm not seeing in the initial three card images. Thanks for any help you can offer!
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2009
    Franco wrote:
    Is there anyway I could get the same help (as above) on my "Buy Cards - NEW!!!" gallery? I like the idea of not having the "Empty Gallery" image... Also, I tried making a card and clicked on the "Build It." It created the gallery and for some reason saved (initially) three separate images of the same Christmas card I was trying out as a test. Is there a reason it would make three of the same cards? The fourth one in my gallery is just a copy. Of course, I can't tell which is the copy I made and which are the other three that the SM Creator made, but there all in my "Cards" (unlisted) gallery. Maybe a computer glitch, but just checking in case there is a difference I'm not seeing in the initial three card images. Thanks for any help you can offer!
    Bump!
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2009
    Any update on when we will be able to provide this directly to our clients? I think this could be a nice increase in sales if we can get the clients to have access.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Any update on when we will be able to provide this directly to our clients? I think this could be a nice increase in sales if we can get the clients to have access.
    No update. It's on the todo list. http://smugmug.uservoice.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    RedneckRedneck Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    No update. It's on the todo list. http://smugmug.uservoice.com

Thanks!

Hmm, I really can't find it on the todo list. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    kat123kat123 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    Cards/Photo Gift items
    Hi,

I noticed your post regarding holiday cards - how are your customers selecting the cards and letting you know which card to use?

Also, I'd like to create gift box sets of cards or other products to sell with my images -is this the only method for a transaction like that? I'd have to set up a gallery for each product type? 5x7, 4x6, mugs, magnets.....? Any ideas or other user examples?

Thanks, Judy
    Judy
    jmizephoto.com
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2009
    kat123 wrote:
    Hi,

I noticed your post regarding holiday cards - how are your customers selecting the cards and letting you know which card to use?

Also, I'd like to create gift box sets of cards or other products to sell with my images -is this the only method for a transaction like that? I'd have to set up a gallery for each product type? 5x7, 4x6, mugs, magnets.....? Any ideas or other user examples?

Thanks, Judy

Yes, right now you have to setup an extra gallery with sample cards to let your customers choose from and tell you which ones he want. Not very convenient for you or the customer.
  • Options
    rebeccaindyrebeccaindy Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2009
    Vote for this feature!!
    There's hardly any votes for this over at SmugVoice!

Goto:
    http://smugmug.uservoice.com/pages/17723-smugmug/suggestions/313303-make-cards-photo-albums-etc-available-to-our-customers-to-order-

Login and VOTE!!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2009

Just voted.

I lost a customer for 100 5x7 cards today because SM is too complicated to order (impossible for the customer) and at the end too expensive.
  • Options
    rebeccaindyrebeccaindy Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    Redneck wrote:
    Just voted.

I lost a customer for 100 5x7 cards today because SM is too complicated to order (impossible for the customer) and at the end too expensive.

Sorry to hear this! BUT thanks for putting in your 3 official votes on the official todo list!!! wings.gif
  • Options
    WaytodixonWaytodixon Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2009
    Rich,

Could I trouble you to do the same for me? I would truly appreciate it!

*Rachel
    http://www.rachelkabukala.com/Cards/
    richW wrote:
    Add to your css section:

.nophotos h3 {display: none;}
  • Options
    cal_geckocal_gecko Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Our new holiday cards are available for creation and purchase, only by you - as a logged-in SmugMugger. Sure, we'd love to have the ability to have your customers configure, make and buy - but we don't have that yet.

For now, you can do lots of things to assist your customers :)
    4x8 Cards:
    Here's one way that I came up with.

5x7 Cards:
    Another Gallery, 5x7s.
    How to?

1. Make a new gallery. Force style to allthumbs.
    2. Put this in the gallery description:

[php]

[/php]
    To really make it personal - use your OWN images, making up all the sample cards on your own :) But do feel free to use our sample gallery, it's no problem at all :)

Then, add your your own text, telling customers how they can pay you, and tell you what card, and what image. I use Google Checkout but any payment mechanism will do :) Post your how-to questions in the customizing forum.

You'll want to add this to your CSS, as well:

.loggedIn .nophotos {display: block;}

Happy Carding!<object height="600" width="800"><embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&amp;transparent=true&amp;showThumbs=true&amp;showLogo=false&amp;showButtons=true&amp;crossFadeSpeed=500&quot; wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" height="600" width="800"></object>

OK, I'm still trying to figure out this completely bass-ackwards way of selling Christmas cards to my customers.. I think I figured out some of it, but you don't explain HOW to create our own sample card images or how to insert them into the magical code that you inserted up above.... also, how / where do we add the text explaining to people how to select the image they like and card style, etc.. and how do we include the text / link for a payment option (paypal, google checkout, etc)... ?

Here's what I have so far...
    http://calgecko.smugmug.com/Photography/Photography-by-Mark-Brooks/Christmas-Cards/9892456_mCfB2
    Canon 5D MkIII
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
    Canon 17-40 f/4L
    Sennheiser MKE400 shotgun Mic
  • Options
    WaytodixonWaytodixon Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Problem creating my own examples of custom cards
    bump. I've been having similar problems. Mainly, I have spent LOTS of time creating my own sample cards (as suggested) but the 5x7s in particular are extremely hard to display.

For printing purposes the way they are shown is upside down, etc. which makes it very hard for customers to get the idea. Are you suggesting that we design a bunch of custom cards, order several different examples ourselves, photograph them, and then put those pictures of the cards in albums to be seen??? There's got to be an easier way, and perhaps I'm just missing it...

*Rachel
    cal_gecko wrote:
    OK, I'm still trying to figure out this completely bass-ackwards way of selling Christmas cards to my customers.. I think I figured out some of it, but you don't explain HOW to create our own sample card images or how to insert them into the magical code that you inserted up above.... also, how / where do we add the text explaining to people how to select the image they like and card style, etc.. and how do we include the text / link for a payment option (paypal, google checkout, etc)... ?

Here's what I have so far...
    http://calgecko.smugmug.com/Photography/Photography-by-Mark-Brooks/Christmas-Cards/9892456_mCfB2
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2009
    Canon 5D MkIII
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
    Canon 17-40 f/4L
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2009
    Waytodixon wrote:
    bump. I've been having similar problems. Mainly, I have spent LOTS of time creating my own sample cards (as suggested) but the 5x7s in particular are extremely hard to display.

For printing purposes the way they are shown is upside down, etc. which makes it very hard for customers to get the idea. Are you suggesting that we design a bunch of custom cards, order several different examples ourselves, photograph them, and then put those pictures of the cards in albums to be seen??? There's got to be an easier way, and perhaps I'm just missing it...

*Rachel
    Hi Rachel,

Really valid concern. Selling cards this way is a clunky workaround, at best. We're actively working allowing pros to price cards they've already made and allow customers to add them to their shopping carts. It's coming soon, we hope.

However, the issue with 5x7 cards will remain because for the end customer (and even for you and to me), it's difficult to visualize the final card from the upside-down four-paneled image that we put in your gallery.

My advice (when we add this ability), is to be transparent in the gallery. Let the customer know that the card image will print properly, and point them to a corresponding folded preview on cards.smugmug.com .

If you're using our card maker to make the card, it may be more effort than it's worth, but I thought a bit about doing the following:

Create a gallery with prices zeroed out. Add an image that is just the front of the 5x7 card, and caption it appropriately. Rinse and repeat for the back of the card, and then one showing the spread-open inside of the card. Finally, add the 4-paneled output from the cardmaker (or that you made yourself) and put image pricing on it so that the customer can add it to their cart.

I whipped up a sample gallery here:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/9895942_hB3qa

It took about 5 minutes to make the front/middle/back views and get them added, but I think it's worth it to give the customer a good look at the text and images.

In this case, I made the card from one of SmugMug's designs so I could also point to the 3D preview on cards.smugmug.com, but more likely the customer had already browsed the designs there to select the one she wanted.

I hope this helps somewhat! I am sorry the current workaround is so cumbersome. I'm burning the midnight oil to get the changes out as soon as I can!

-Anne
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Our new holiday cards are available for creation and purchase, only by you - as a logged-in SmugMugger. Sure, we'd love to have the ability to have your customers configure, make and buy - but we don't have that yet.

4x8 Cards:

5x7 Cards:
    Another Gallery, 5x7s.
    How to?

[php]

[/php]
    :) But do feel free to use our sample gallery, it's no problem at all :)

Then, add your your own text, telling customers how they can pay you, and tell you what card, and what image. I use Google Checkout but any payment mechanism will do :) Post your how-to questions in the customizing forum.

Happy Carding!

<object height="600" width="800">

<embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&amp;transparent=true&amp;showThumbs=true&amp;showLogo=false&amp;showButtons=true&amp;crossFadeSpeed=500&quot; wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" height="600" width="800"></object>

Can you please explain how we can do this: "To really make it personal - use your OWN images, making up all the sample cards on your own"?

I've created a separate gallery of sample cards that I'd like to use instead of the sample cards show in the code you put together... but I'm not sure how to do it.
    Canon 5D MkIII
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
    Canon 17-40 f/4L
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2009
    I am SOOOO close... .

For some reason, the "email me" hyperlink that I included towards the bottom near the Google Checkout option isn't working... can someone take a look and figure out why?

Also, open to any suggestions.
    Canon 5D MkIII
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
    Canon 17-40 f/4L
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    cal_gecko wrote:
    I am SOOOO close... .

For some reason, the "email me" hyperlink that I included towards the bottom near the Google Checkout option isn't working... can someone take a look and figure out why?

Also, open to any suggestions.
    That's looking really good. I fixed your email link (needed a mailto: in your href) .

As I understand it, making your email address obvious doesn't garner any additional spam but it does help your customers who don't have their default mail client set up properly. So having myemail@email.com as the clickable link allows people to type it in or easily copy and paste into gmail or hotmail or whatever service they use.

-Anne
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2009
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    That's looking really good. I fixed your email link (needed a mailto: in your href) .

As I understand it, making your email address obvious doesn't garner any additional spam but it does help your customers who don't have their default mail client set up properly. So having myemail@email.com as the clickable link allows people to type it in or easily copy and paste into gmail or hotmail or whatever service they use.

-Anne

d'oh!

Thanks Anne!
    Canon 5D MkIII
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS
    Canon 17-40 f/4L
  • Options
    BDPBDP Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2009
    Hi-I just set up my sample card gallery. All is well except the pesky thumbnail photo at the bottom that I use for my feature gallery photo. I know I need to modify the CSS somewhere...is there a CSS option for just this page?

Thanks in advance!

http://beckydohertyphotography.smugmug.com/Order-Your-Greeting-Cards/Christmas-Cards-1/9956235_WTPAV
  • Options
    BDPBDP Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 15, 2009
    Bump...
  • Options
    jpineaujpineau Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    4 x 8 Card gallery
    Andy:

I copied your code into a gallery I started for my own cards, but how do a get a slideshow (swf) file of my cards uploaded to smugmug?

Also I added the additional code to my CSS but still seeing thumbnails of my cards under your slideshow.

http://www.johnpineauphotography.com/Other/Cards/9986778_GZv6C

Another ALSO - how do I get rid of the buy and cart icons for this single gallery?

Thanks,

JP
    Andy wrote:

4x8 Cards:

5x7 Cards:
    Another Gallery, 5x7s.
    How to?

[php]
    <html>
    <div align="center" ><object height="600" width="800">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=trie&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="000000">
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="all">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=true&showLogo=false&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" height="600" width="800"></object>

</div>
    </html>
    [/php]

To really make it personal - use your OWN images, making up all the sample cards on your own :) But do feel free to use our sample gallery, it's no problem at all :)

Happy Carding!

<html>
    <div align="center" ><object height="600" width="800">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=trie&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="000000">
    <param name="allowNetworking" value="all">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <embed src="http://www.smugmug.com/ria/ShizamSlides-2007090601.swf?AlbumID= 3824198&transparent=true&showThumbs=true&showLogo=false&showButtons=true&crossFadeSpeed=500" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" height="600" width="800"></object>

</div>
    </html>
  • Options
    jpineaujpineau Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2009
    I see you figured out how to get your own photos into the slideshow.

I still have Andy's samples - can you share how you did it?

Thanks,

JP
    cal_gecko wrote:
    Can you please explain how we can do this: "To really make it personal - use your OWN images, making up all the sample cards on your own"?

I've created a separate gallery of sample cards that I'd like to use instead of the sample cards show in the code you put together... but I'm not sure how to do it.