Options

SmugMug partay December 7th!

BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
edited December 13, 2007 in The Big Picture
I've been poring over a spreadsheet of customers near our humble building in Mountain View, wondering how to pare it down so the fire marshall doesn't haul me away during the party. Do we exclude Smuggers north of Los Altos? South of Sunnyvale? :doh

The Countess of Cash finally rescued me by suggesting I post the invites here first to better reach the truly passionate, giving you a chance to RSVP. So here 'tis:

What: Our 5-year anniversary party. Yummy hors d'oeuvres, photos taken in authentic gangster & other clothing we provide, and photo things to see. We'll have new features from SmugMug to play with, goodies from partners like Eye-fi, and a wall of Fotoflot-mounted shots. Plus some customer photos gracing the walls, up to 48x60 inches.

When: 5-8 p.m. Friday, December 7th.

Where: Our building, 67 East Evelyn Avenue, Mountain View.

Who: A few press. Some experts like Barb, Andy, & Marc Muench to answer questions about customization, photography, etc. As many SmugMuggers and their significant others as we think we can handle (which unfortunately is far less than the number who would love to come).

We're a family company and would love to take children, but unfortunately we don't have the space to make the party child-friendly.

RSVP: To Toni, The Countess of Cash, with the number in your party.

Suggest: Other fanatical Smugmuggers you'd love to see there that don't hang on dgrin like Leping Zha, whose amazing 48x60 graces our walls, or Striking Viking, who rode his motorcycle around the world and wrote a book about it. Suggestions also go to The Countess.

Thanks!
Baldy

:ivar:ivar:ivar

Comments

• Options
    z_28z_28 Registered Users Posts: 956 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Looks as great party :D
    Sad thing it's across the Continent.

Anyway Have a Fantastic Time thumb.gif
    and post pictures later.
    Z
    D300, D70s, 10.5/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 24-85/2.8-4, 50/1.4, 70-200VR, 70-300VR, 60/2.8, SB800, SB80DX, SD8A, MB-D10 ...
    XTi, G9, 16-35/2.8L, 100-300USM, 70-200/4L, 19-35, 580EX II, CP-E3, 500/8 ...
    DSC-R1, HFL-F32X ... ; AG-DVX100B and stuff ... (I like this 10 years old signature :^)
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    I might just have to visit my parents and friends back San Jose these coming weeks. I wish it was much closer like a week near Christmas though, so I would not have to make 2 trips there in a month. Will try to attend!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Ya are going to have a live webcams aren't cha? mwink.gif Everyone could stick their
    mug in front of one and say "hello Smug world" wave.gif .:D
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    :D

And walking distance too! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    :D

And walking distance too! rolleyes1.gif
    So, you're coming :D ?????
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    I'm in, +1. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    mwink.gif Wow amazing mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    So, you're coming :D ?????
    nod.gif
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Ya are going to have a live webcams aren't cha? mwink.gif Everyone could stick their
    mug in front of one and say "hello Smug world" wave.gif .:D

That would be cool to have a live feed.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2007
    Since some people are flying in, anyone interested in a bay area shootout? mwink.gif
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    Since some people are flying in, anyone interested in a bay area shootout? mwink.gif

That would be fun, count me in.

It turns out that the headquarters are right by my daughter's house in Mountain View! Evelyn is a long street, so I wasn't sure where it was located. What a surprise to see it so close. I worked in Sunnyvale for 13 years, so I feel as if this is in my old stomping grounds.

I'll be there (and Ed too).
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited November 21, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    The sun sets around 4:30 and the Baylands are close, so the timing could be pretty good.
  • Options
    borrowlenses.comborrowlenses.com Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Hi All,

It looks like you have quite a shindig planned there. Since it seems like many folks are are coming to Mountain View from out of town, we decided to extend a special offer so you don't have to drag all your gear here. Here's what we will do (but just because SmugMug is our fav):

1) Offer you a special discount that's better than the usual ClubSmug deal. Please enter in SMUGMUG10 to receive 10 % off your total order.
    2) If more than 5 people order, we will even deliver all the lenses to you in Mountain View in time for the shoot.

Please let me know if there's any interest in this.

Thanks,
    Max
    http://www.BorrowLenses.com
    Your professional online camera gear rental store

Follow us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/borrowlenses
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    I second the live cam suggestion! Wait.... how far is LA from Mountain View? I will be in LA then!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2007
    I second the live cam suggestion! Wait.... how far is LA from Mountain View? I will be in LA then!

About 5 hours? Something like that.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    :cry

Rats. Well I do hope to see tons of pictures from it!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    sith_kickersith_kicker Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Wish I Could Go
    Unfortunately, I have a concert to go to that night. Hope everyone has fun!
  • Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Sure would be fun! Unfortunately, I'll probably have my tires frozen to the street by Dec. 05 -- Great White North and All. :tough

But that's fine. Got my strap today. :ivar I'll wear it Dec 5th in commemoration. (We need a Santa smilie here!)

Have a great time! I'll expect TONS o' pix next day!!! thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    About 5 hours? Something like that.

More's the pity. I'm out in Phoenix that weekend. :cry I'd have been tempted to make the drive (I've been known to make the OC-to-Monterey-and-back run in a day. eek7.gif).
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    385 mi – about 6 hours 5 mins (up to 8 hours 0 mins in traffic) from where I live. Doggone! Somehow I thought Mountain View was a little more .... local. I think I get it mixed up with a major street in the Upland area! :D If it were the following week I'd give it some serious thought and tack an extra day on my vacation the following week and leave early! I'd love to come and meet you all and help celebrate but that's a very bad date for my workplace. :cry Take lots of photos (hehe) everyone!
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    Although I'm always up for a party, I'm gonna have to take a raincheck due to lack of commuting funds, lol. :D Sounds like an awesome time though...if everyone who goes has one beer for me, I should be pretty happy. :D
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2007
    W0ot, I'm in!
  • Options
    SunnyvalejohnSunnyvalejohn Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2007
    My wife and I will be there! Could be a long drive all the way from Sunnyvale to Mountain View!! rolleyes1.gif

Be great to meet y'all in person!
    Enjoy
    John

jharrison.smugmug.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Sorry I'm late... I'd like to fly in... Is there a decent place to stay for the night nearby?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Sorry I'm late... I'd like to fly in... Is there a decent place to stay for the night nearby?

A bunch of smugmug people stay at hotel zico which is right down the street. There is also a best wester about a block away from this and another Hotel Lodge as well.

Let me know if you have any travel questions since all are within walking distance from me. It will be great seeing you again!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited November 25, 2007
    Another hotel that's within walking distance of downtown is the Hampton
    Inn.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    I was wrong with one of the names in previous post and this google map of near by hotels has at least two name changes as well, but they're still motel/hotels near smugmug HQ.

I think the best western is actually the holiday inn express and the Hotel Zico is listed as Homestead Studios. They all have easy freeway access is about 10-15 minutes away from SJC (without traffic).
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    April, Ian
    Thanks guys, you're great! thumb.gif
    I'm gonna discuss that with the rest of my Sith family, hopefully will know by tomorrow! mwink.gif
  • Options
    TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    What a bummer! A proper Smugger party a stone's throw away from me, and I'm planning a holday party for my boys at work the very same night! Where's the broken hearted smiley? :cry I'll be sure to keep an eye on the thread though, to see if a shotout cooks up out of this, especially over the weekend for the fly-ins.
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    I'm in (I hope, RSVP sent), +2. wings.gif
    Plans are to arrive on Friday, paaaaarty, and then on Saturday take the family (+2:-) on the stroll down to San-Francisco, which we all love and miss dearly.
    Still looking for the hotel...