Options

The PayPal and Google Checkout Thread

Comments

• Options
    kelleejeandesignskelleejeandesigns Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Google Checkout
    Okay, so does anyone else feel strange and hesitant about giving Google your bank account info!?!??? That is so risky, I fee like. It makes me very nervous. Talk to me about how I can feel good about this!!

Thanks!
    kellee
    www.kelleejeandesigns.smugmug.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Okay, so does anyone else feel strange and hesitant about giving Google your bank account info!?!??? That is so risky, I fee like. It makes me very nervous. Talk to me about how I can feel good about this!!

Thanks!
    kellee
    www.kelleejeandesigns.smugmug.com
    Post it in your signature on every public forum you attend. After that Google will feel like a titanium safe. mwink.gif
    Seriously though, how can you expect for a service to operate with your bank account if you won't let them know it?
    Paypal has been able to access my bank accounts for almost a decade. Never a glitch. I'm pretty sure Google is the same way. But of course if you don't feel safe - don't use it. Opportunity always comes with some sort of risk.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    joesgrille wrote:

OK I'm seeing the buy button now - are you not?

20081031-1ctpm8x7tqak8i11uwq4bbbp51.jpg
  • Options
    joesgrillejoesgrille Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Thank you for helping with this. The buy button is not the issue- I made and tested 200 custom buy buttons that each list the name of the photo and they seem fine. The problem is in buying multiple images. This is from one of my friends, "I couldn't easily buy 2 pix (though one was easy)... so I stopped trying. Btw, I was trying to buy Mr. Twister #2 & #3." How can I make it so people can easily buy multiple images through google checkout?
    Thanks
    Wendy
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    joesgrille wrote:
    Thank you for helping with this. The buy button is not the issue- I made and tested 200 custom buy buttons that each list the name of the photo and they seem fine. The problem is in buying multiple images. This is from one of my friends, "I couldn't easily buy 2 pix (though one was easy)... so I stopped trying. Btw, I was trying to buy Mr. Twister #2 & #3." How can I make it so people can easily buy multiple images through google checkout?
    Thanks
    Wendy
    Hm, that I don't know :( Any other goolge checkouters? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    Would you try it- Can you "buy" 2 images?
    Andy wrote:
    Hm, that I don't know :( Any other goolge checkouters? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    joesgrille wrote:
    Would you try it- Can you "buy" 2 images?
    http://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=37899

"Buy Now buttons only allow you to sell single items at a time; if you're planning to allow buyers to purchase multiple items at the same time from you, you'll need to set up a shopping cart on your website, then integrate your cart with Google Checkout."
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    It says that the only way to buy multiples is to integrate it with your existing shopping cart-Is that possible? After all this work, it would be a shame that I would lose spontaneous sales if people are forced to choose only one image :)
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    If there is no way around this currently, are you guys working on a shopping cart that would work for professionals who still shoot film? Can you think of any other way that I could easily sell multiple images at one time? Perhaps we could integrate a form instead of the buy it now buttons?
    Thanks again

Wendy
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    joesgrille wrote:
    It says that the only way to buy multiples is to integrate it with your existing shopping cart-Is that possible? After all this work, it would be a shame that I would lose spontaneous sales if people are forced to choose only one image :)
    Thanks
    Bump for someone who knows something about Google Checkout :D
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Bump for someone who knows something about Google Checkout :D

To do this you need to able to incorporate API's into your cart. Since SmugMug's cart is not open to editing by the user, I don't believe this is possible.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    joesgrille wrote:
    Thanks
    Google also offers a shopping cart for multiple item sales. Check it out at
    http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate_shoppingcart.html
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    Google also offers a shopping cart for multiple item sales. Check it out at
    http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate_shoppingcart.html
    But still no inventory management without using a 3rd party cart. Darn it.
  • Options
    truecolorportraitstruecolorportraits Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Help
    I received the code for the Google Shopping Cart and Would like to know if there is any code for the paypal. Please help me.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2008
    I received the code for the Google Shopping Cart and Would like to know if there is any code for the paypal. Please help me.
    Sure - paypal provides the code, when you have it we can help you paste it properly into your SmugMug gallery :D
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Check out the Paypal Shopping Cart Buttons page for links to code.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    magicpicmagicpic Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Sure - paypal provides the code, when you have it we can help you paste it properly into your SmugMug gallery :D

do I need to set up with paypal the business account? is there anyway I can have a drop down for shipping ? when I get my code where do I paste it into to thanks janis
    (2) Canon 20d, (1) canon 30d, 70-200is 2.8, tamron 17-50,canon 50mm 1.4
    http://www.photographybywidget.com
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2009
    magicpic wrote:
    do I need to set up with paypal the business account? is there anyway I can have a drop down for shipping ? when I get my code where do I paste it into to thanks janis
    No, you do not need a business account.

Yes, you can have a drop down for shipping, or anything else, for that matter.

Get the code from Paypal then put it in a gallery description or caption. Like this

<html>
    your paypal code here
    </html>
  • Options
    truecolorportraitstruecolorportraits Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Shipping drop down
    How do you create the shipping dropdown?
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    No, you do not need a business account.

Yes, you can have a drop down for shipping, or anything else, for that matter.

Get the code from Paypal then put it in a gallery description or caption. Like this

<html>
    your paypal code here
    </html>

how do I get the banner to display on my paypal page? thanks janis
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2009
    magicpic wrote:
    how do I get the banner to display on my paypal page? thanks janis
    I figured it out but now want to have the file name show in the caption thanks janis
  • Options
    JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Subscribing. :D
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • Options
    mountainpzmountainpz Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    JohnC wrote:
    Subscribing. :D

Does anybody have any idea, slight as it may be, of if and when Google will make Checkout available to Canadian sellers?
    - Paul

Paul Zizka Photography: zizka.smugmug.com
    The Blog - Twitter - Facebook
  • Options
    ottsworldottsworld Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    GC/Paypal questions for international sales
    I'm in Vietnam and am looking for a solution to sell my photography via smugmug, but print it here in Vietnam for my customers. I believe this means that I would have to use GC or Paypal if I were going to do my printing in Vietnam - this brings up many questions.
    1. Does GC or Paypal let foreigners set up accounts - or would i have to do it with my UK address?
    2. When a customer orders and pays for the items, I need to have an email automatically sent to my printing lab with the file/image that is to be printed, size, etc. Does anyone know if I can do this via smugmug or via GC or PP checkout. I guess I really need to incorporate some emailing and workflow into the process but I"m not sure if I can do that within smugmug.
    Thanks, Sherry
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    ottsworld wrote:
    I'm in Vietnam and am looking for a solution to sell my photography via smugmug, but print it here in Vietnam for my customers. I believe this means that I would have to use GC or Paypal if I were going to do my printing in Vietnam - this brings up many questions.
    1. Does GC or Paypal let foreigners set up accounts - or would i have to do it with my UK address?
    2. When a customer orders and pays for the items, I need to have an email automatically sent to my printing lab with the file/image that is to be printed, size, etc. Does anyone know if I can do this via smugmug or via GC or PP checkout. I guess I really need to incorporate some emailing and workflow into the process but I"m not sure if I can do that within smugmug.
    Thanks, Sherry

go here to check on PAYPAL......Vietnam is listed but I do not know what it takes to get an account over there........

Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    I've had my problems with paypal. Chargebacks have gotten me and no resolution at all.

Though the debit card paypal offers is absolutely wonderful. It's not Credit and doesn't require a credit check.

If I get a payment I can walk to the nearest ATM and get the cash instantly. If I use the debit card to make a purchase paypal gives me a 1.5% credit right back into my account.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2009
    customizing emails
    Art - thanks for your response. I have put in a question to paypal about it.

However can anyone provide any info about my 2nd question
    Thanks, Sherry
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited May 3, 2009
    Hi Sherry wave.gif

E-mail to help@smugmug.com will get you an answer to your printing question.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    Hi Sherry wave.gif

E-mail to help@smugmug.com will get you an answer to your printing question.
    Hey Ian,
    Thanks for your reply, however I actually started there with [EMAIL="help@smugmug"]help@smugmug[/EMAIL] and they sent me here to this discussion thread! headscratch.gif I'm not real sure where else to go!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited May 3, 2009
    ottsworld wrote:
    Hey Ian,
    Thanks for your reply, however I actually started there with [EMAIL="help@smugmug"]help@smugmug[/EMAIL] and they sent me here to this discussion thread! headscratch.gif I'm not real sure where else to go!

OK. So it's probably not something they have the ability to do. Can you at least get an order list? If so, you may be able to locate a local vendor to fulfill the order and use a downloader, like S*Explorer (see Nikolai's signature for what it is and how to get it) to transfer the images to your vendor.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?