17745662-L.jpg

17745686-L.jpg

17745704-L.jpg

17745726-L.jpg

17745746-L.jpg

Comments

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    I have owned 7 Rangers the last 5 where 4x4 ext cab.
    All had over 100,000 miles with out any major problems.
    Recently I switched to a 04 Explorer.I needed more room for all my gear:D
    Nice images of that bad ass boythumb.gif
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2005
    There's just something about a man and his truck. (nice looking truck!)
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Well done...
    I really like #'s 1, 2, and 5.

Great exposure and processing.

Someday I'll post pics of my '88 Jeep Cherokee, only 227,000 miles. Just breakin' her in :D . I made a choice about seven months ago-camera gear or new vehicle? Two camera bodies and $5000 (or more? actually more I think) later here I am. Boy my truck takes great photographs!

Take care...
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    There's just something about a man and his truck. (nice looking truck!)
    I've been told the same thing about being in uniform.

Thanks for the comments.
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    I've been told the same thing about being in uniform.
    geez, waxy is such a flirt. :lol

Congrats on the new truck.

Nice looking truck too. I had a Ranger (2wd) for a while, then sold it for a Dakota 4x4, then sold that for a Ram 4x4, then sold that for a Jeep GC 4x4, and when that thing started crapping out, I sold it for an '04 Toy 4Runner V8 4x4. I'm finally happy and won't look back. Ranger was just kinda small for me, and I shoulda bought a 4x4 anyway.

Now go out and get it REALLY muddy and show us some dirty photos. That's what 4x4's are all about. Otherwise, yer just another poser. Know what I mean, jds?
    5972654-L.jpg

5972648-L.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited March 19, 2005
    In due time, I spent 2 1/2 hours washing and waxing today to go run through the mudd :)

I'm going to tint the windows today so I'll post pictures from teh install :)
    edited March 19, 2005
    In due time, I spent 2 1/2 hours washing and waxing today to go run through the mudd :)
    When you open the hood and all you see are brown coated bits, you know you've had fun. :D

Enjoy.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited March 19, 2005
    fish wrote:
    When you open the hood and all you see are brown coated bits, you know you've had fun. :D

Enjoy.
    Been there and done that, took a high pressure washer to get everything clean clap.gif
  • BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005

I'm going to tint the windows today so I'll post pictures from teh install :)
    I just got mine tinted as well! As long as we are sharing pics of our 4x4's :D

17780228-L.jpg

*Insert obvious "That isnt a REAL 4x4" comment here"
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Trucks Rule thumb.gif
    2548139-L.jpg

Congrats on the 04 Ranger JDSPHOTOGRAPHYclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Tim
    edited March 19, 2005
    Thanks guys, this should turn into another "show us your motorbike" page :)
    edited March 19, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    Trucks Rule thumb.gif

Congrats on the 04 Ranger JDSPHOTOGRAPHYclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Tim
    Nice lookin ride! I love how you very obviously backed in to that spot for a shot with the mountains in the background. My girlfriend makes fun of me when I take random Jeep pictures when we are out shooting. She swears I could make a coffee table book with all the shots I take.

Is anyone else addicted to taking pictures of their ride? :D
    edited March 19, 2005
    Thanks guys, this should turn into another "show us your motorbike" page :)

good idea...want me to change the thread title? deal.gif
    edited March 19, 2005
    fish wrote:
    good idea...want me to change the thread title? deal.gif
    Sure works for me :)

And yea, I wanted to get the mountains in the background, add's to the picture I think :)
    edited March 19, 2005
    Sure works for me :)
    Done. thumb.gif
    And yea, I wanted to get the mountains in the background, add's to the picture I think :)
    Absolutely. Plus...it can't be on pavement. Needs to be in the dirt, preferably on a steep incline or with at least one wheel in the air. :)
    edited March 19, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Done. thumb.gif

Absolutely. Plus...it can't be on pavement. Needs to be in the dirt, preferably on a steep incline or with at least one wheel in the air. :)
    I'm gonna try for some flex pictures :)
    edited March 19, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    I just got mine tinted as well! As long as we are sharing pics of our 4x4's :D

17780228-L.jpg
    That looks a lot like my '00 GC ltd, but mine was taupe. Have you had any electrical issues? Maybe windows breaking or crank position sensor or tranny controller going out?

Here's my jeep in better days...before I figured out how unreliable it was. I never would have gone there, knowing what I know now. :nah

8471-L-1.jpg

8477-L-1.jpg

middle of freakin' nowhere, off of CA 108, no cell access. dumb place to be with an unreliable truck.
    *Insert obvious "That isnt a REAL 4x4" comment here"
    I don't think you'll hear that comment on dgrin. People here are just so dang nice (except for Andy, he's an a*****e :D). Besides, my GC climbed like a mountain goat (quadra-trac II). There were only two other vehicles that I could find that climbed as well (or better) than the GC, but were more reliable and had similar amenities: Land Cruiser and 4Runner...and I couldn't afford the LC.

8474-L-1.jpg

I'm in hog heaven in my new 4x4...of course I've only got about 10K miles on it so far, but I have no reason to doubt that it will go the distance for the next 10 years minimum.

5934085-L.jpg

I'm even getting 17.5mpg around town with the DOHC V8! That's a solid 5mpg more than I was getting with my Jeep's pushrod 4.7l engine.

Let's see some more trucks, kids! clap.gif
  • LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    I'm gonna try for some flex pictures :)
    OK OK OK... i'll bite...

res139541127.jpg

71716532606_0_ALB.jpg

res_589838619.jpg

res5826.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    On the left...its only little ....................but its free !!

3730038-M.jpg
    edited March 19, 2005
    That looks a lot like my '00 GC ltd, but mine was taupe. Have you had any electrical issues? Maybe windows breaking or crank position sensor or tranny controller going out?
    Mine is an '04 so I havn't had any real problems yet. My parents friends have a 2000 with like 60k miles and they have never had a problem.. maybe you got a lemon ne_nau.gif

I extended the warrenty to bumper-to-bumper 7 year 70k miles and I will probably be rid of it before then so we will see.
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    My truck, until May of last year.

Grandtruck_1.jpg
    edited March 19, 2005
    Great shots guys. Keep'em coming.
    edited March 19, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    OK OK OK... i'll bite...

res_589838619.jpg

Steven

Oh yeah...some good dirt there! thumb.gif
    edited March 19, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    Trucks Rule thumb.gif
    2548139-L.jpg

Tim

What'd you do? Back it onto the snow to make sure you wouldn't get stuck or wouldn't get it dirty? :lol
    edited March 19, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    Mine is an '04 so I havn't had any real problems yet. My parents friends have a 2000 with like 60k miles and they have never had a problem.. maybe you got a lemon ne_nau.gif
    No doubt.
    I extended the warrenty to bumper-to-bumper 7 year 70k miles and I will probably be rid of it before then so we will see.
    Very wise indeed. nod.gif
    edited March 20, 2005
    Nice, I thought about a shell myself :)
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    522379-L-2.jpg

Well its almost a pickup, 4x4 too, just different priorities.....Fits the camera bag in (just) any more space is a waste :D
  • KalamataKalamata Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2005
    5513435-L.jpg

My 1996 landrover defender 2.5 lt earning its keep and pointed in the right direction
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 20, 2005
    Funny I should see this thread today... yesterday I got my 4x4 stuck for the first time! I was pretty upset about it. I've pulled people out of the snow so many times, but yesterday, it was my turn. And I'm really mad at MrsIt for not taking any photos as I was digging like a maniac. I went off a fairly beaten down path into what I thought was also beaten down, yeah right, more like a sinhole. Front of the truck basically disappeared in about 4 feet of the worst kind of snow: packed enough to be really hard to dig, but not fluffy enough to blast out of.
    umph.gif

I need lockers.

And here's my truck the day I got it - it's never been that clean since. Strangely, I don't really have any action photos of it.

14142868-M.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited March 20, 2005
    I like the tires on the FX4's, I think thats what I'm going to replace mine with.