edited February 15, 2008
    Awesome entry, Lynne!!! mwink.gif

Wow, you too! what a tough call, both amazing shots iloveyou.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Thank you so much, Steven! (On a side note, in my head you're "Shatch", which is not easy to pronounce! Laughing.gif!)

As for processing, on the second one, I used a preset in LR that's called "contrasty - strong" which really ups the contrast. I did a minor crop, some small adjustments to exposure and the black clipping and that's it. The exciting thing for me with that shot is that it came out exactly as I'd envisioned with very little tweaking.

The first shot was a little more difficult. I used the same preset with no additional tweaking at first, but that ended up blowing out the tub spigot too much so I layered the same photo on itself in two different exposures and brought back some of the spigot to make it more obvious. Some minor cloning to remove the overflow drain and a towel rack and that's it! (You can see the original untouched here.)

if anyone is interested in the LR preset, just email me at andi@tippiepics.com. :D

Thanks for the PP insgiht. I emailed you for the preset. Thanks!!
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2008
    Well.....
    I'll just sit here in awe....awe shucks....awe gee whiz....awe man.....awe, how do you compete with that?.....awe.....entered anyway..Laughing.gif:D Pretty special images there dudes and dudettes.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited February 16, 2008
    cmurph wrote:
    Perhaps I was a bit late to the sneak peak but how about a little sneak peak into the behind the scenes maybe?….this could be taboo but why not. Great shots so far everyone yah just got to love this!

253603669_VfpPu-S-1.jpg

The right stuff....one small step for Ryan....one giant leap for his ego!

Shoot to ride, ride to live...
    www.cmurphy-photo.com<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

What a great costume! I bet your son loves to play in it. Fun entry as well. Love the lighting and location.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    Finally i am back with some Images i hope i will edit and put one of them :cry
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    Finally i am back with some Images i hope i will edit and put one of them :cry

Looking forward to seeing them, Awais!
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Looking forward to seeing them, Awais!

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=84688

He was in deep thoughts outside a shrine while polititions are wandering in cities to win hearts of voters
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited February 16, 2008
    Another great Awais portrait. You never disappoint. Well done!