Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs!!

1235752

Comments

  • GSPePGSPeP Major grins Steendorp, BelgiumPosts: 2,852Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    It's in german, but says "Schnitzel capital of the world"

    1D36217-L.jpg
  • GSPePGSPeP Major grins Steendorp, BelgiumPosts: 2,852Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
  • GSPePGSPeP Major grins Steendorp, BelgiumPosts: 2,852Registered Users Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
  • pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,419Super Moderators moderator
    edited May 31, 2012
    I saw this sign on the north side of the Thames, returning from Greenwich. It was on a storage facility, and I barely saw it out of the corner of my eye before we floated downstream past it on the ferry. Here is what I did catch.

    caninewarningsign-1999-XL.jpg

    It says "Danger: If you must enter these premises UNINVITED, will you please remove your dentures.

    Our dogs find them difficult to digest."

    I couldn't stop laughing.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

    Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Happily mirrorfree New ZealandPosts: 3,194Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 1, 2012
    On a similar theme, seen in Hahndorf, South Australia -

    i-CkDGJxz-X3.jpg
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 17, 2016
    Hmmm.... found this thread on page 123 - think it's time for a bump!

    Superfly-XL.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • EiaEia Major grins Posts: 3,625Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 17, 2016
    Ha...love this thread! What's the story behind Superfly?
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    Ha...love this thread! What's the story behind Superfly?
    It's been several years since I grabbed this shot, but, if I recall correctly, it was a seedy Tattoo Shop in
    downtown San Diego...
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    Nice image Eric!! I thought Super fly was like viagra or something......
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I thought Super fly was like viagra or something......

    rolleyes1.gifHahahaha Taz... I think you mean Spanish Fly - but I'm guessing... I wouldn't really know about such things! lol3.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    Earache wrote: »
    rolleyes1.gifHahahaha Taz... I think you mean Spanish Fly - but I'm guessing... I wouldn't really know about such things! lol3.gif

    I stand corrected!:D
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyPosts: 2,230Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    OMG -i just discovered this thread! I love signage and have even made a keyword for it. Because I live abroad and travel a bit, one of the things I love to photograph are interesting English translations. Here's one I found a few years ago by a path at Kursunlu Waterfall in Turkey:

    20101208_037_turkey_trip-XL.jpg

    Now I ask you, does anyone know what STRINK means or could mean?

    Cheers, Sara

    and yes, there's another story behind the little stuffed penguin...
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    Hashahaahaha Sara! So bad translation is not limited to China alone! Good to know!clap.gif
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    That's funny Sara!! Keep them coming!

    Little stuffed penguin... a story you say..... ear.gif
    :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 18, 2016
    Sometimes, I suppose, sin is in the eye-of-the-beholder... his "sin" was a too-loud volume on his speaker.
    Power would seem to be a relative concept also...

    Law%20Enforcement-X2.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,419Super Moderators moderator
    edited February 18, 2016
    I started this thread in 2008 and its still fun.

    I have a couple frames to add, that someone might find entertaining, maybe ne_nau.gif

    Geometry lesson by the county highway department

    no%20center%20line%20sign%20B%26W%20-1030481-XL.jpg

    I think this barn must have had an interesting owner. I didn't understand the sign on the roof when I photographed it in the spring of 2008. I couldn't even read the sign until I ran it through Topaz to bring out the contrast in the roof painting.

    Barn%20roof%20sign%20its%20time%20IMG_4462-XL.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

    Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 19, 2016
    ^^^ The message on the barn roof is a sub-culture reference to the time (and place) for people to gather and consume marijuana - 4:20pm (original attribution is after-school).
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 19, 2016
    Earache wrote: »
    ^^^ The message on the barn roof is a sub-culture reference to the time (and place) for people to gather and consume marijuana - 4:20pm (original attribution is after-school).

    Spanish Fly, Marijuana.....is there anything you don't know about!:Dwings.gifbow
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 19, 2016
    ^^^ Haha! I don't know how to take beautiful images like you do buddy! thumb.gif

    Otherwise, my philosophy is; the best way to survive reality, is to know the enemy... mwink.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 19, 2016
    Earache wrote: »
    ^^^ Haha! I don't know how to take beautiful images like you do buddy! thumb.gif

    Otherwise, my philosophy is; the best way to survive reality, is to know the enemy... mwink.gif

    Not true...I have learned from you and others and draw constant inspiration from yours!
    I am glad though now I finally understand what 420 friendly means on craigs list.rolleyes1.gif
  • bristleconebristlecone Major grins Posts: 451Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 20, 2016
    Somewhere in northwestern New Mexico
    This one clearly takes vouyeurism to a new high? Shot several years ago with a canon SD 880.

    Len

    JesusWatching_last-L.jpg
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 20, 2016
    Hahahahaahaha Len! Love it!
    I actually had a similar shot that I lost when I lost my slides......it was a cab in Vegas....one side it had commercial for 'Jesus Saves', other side had an advertisement for nude club!
    Cheers!
  • JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,624Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 20, 2016
    Great catch!
  • pathfinderpathfinder Drive By Digital Shooter western IndianaPosts: 14,419Super Moderators moderator
    edited February 20, 2016
    I've seen signs about 4:20 in numerous places since that barn - many of them are in stalls in public restrooms

    Here is another set of signs that use to be ubiquitous, and aren't seen much anymore except in a few local areas

    Burma%20shave%20signs%20-1000201-XL.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

    Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAPosts: 12,317Super Moderators moderator
    edited February 21, 2016
    I've always been fascinated by this set of hand-lettered signs in Prescott Park in Portsmouth, NH. There are two sets of restrooms in the park, the larger of the two open only during the warm months of the year. The other set might be open year-round, but only during the day.

    A sign not too far from the seasonally open restrooms:
    201512_XT1_4502L-X2.jpg

    If you happen to find the other restrooms, you will see this:
    201512_XT1_4503L-X2.jpg

    I suppose the individual who is tasked with unlocking these can't be bothered with walking over to the building in not ideal weather.

    --- Denise
  • willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Posts: 1,865Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 21, 2016
    Ah, don't we love irony.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • EaracheEarache Unsharp and Oversaturated SO CALPosts: 3,533Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 21, 2016
    clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am Posts: 7,597Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 21, 2016
    Hahahaha! Sounds like drive-way is the alternative!
  • bristleconebristlecone Major grins Posts: 451Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 21, 2016
    Thanks guys. I ment to put this posting into the "Signs" thread. Maybe Richard could move it?

    Best,
    -Len
  • CCoopCCoop Major grins Posts: 511Registered Users Major grins
    edited February 21, 2016
    !!!!!!! This makes my day !! --Carter
Sign In or Register to comment.