Fraud Warning: VistaPrint

S-SoS-So Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited June 16, 2013 in Mind Your Own Business
I read about Vistaprint.com that makes business cards, and I've recently ordered mine. Bad bad bad decision on my part....

I'm not even going to discuss the rip-off experience stemming directly from them regarding "free" shipping.... I ended up paying more for this hook and bait, AND ended up paying for the shipping. While I was fuming that I'd never do them another business, I just got an email from this co. called "Businessmax." It said it'll start automatically charging my credit card $14.99 a month. Not knowing who the f**k this is, I googled it. Lo and behold, they're tied with.... Vistaprint.com. And I didn't even click on any of their trap buttons for a third-party offers of ANY kind. Here's the rip-off report:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0285132.htm

and more, and more:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/vistaprint.html

Save yourselves a headache, don't go near Vistaprint. There are LOTS of unhappy folks. I'm now wondering whether these folks have something to do with a recent letter I got from my credit card company that warned me of some fraudulent activities going on with my credit card. They're going to close my account and send me a new card for me...

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    S-So wrote:
    I read about Vistaprint.com that makes business cards, and I've recently ordered mine. Bad bad bad decision on my part....

I'm not even going to discuss the rip-off experience stemming directly from them regarding "free" shipping.... I ended up paying more for this hook and bait, AND ended up paying for the shipping. While I was fuming that I'd never do them another business, I just got an email from this co. called "Businessmax." It said it'll start automatically charging my credit card $14.99 a month. Not knowing who the f**k this is, I googled it. Lo and behold, they're tied with.... Vistaprint.com. And I didn't even click on any of their trap buttons for a third-party offers of ANY kind. Here's the rip-off report:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0285132.htm

and more, and more:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/vistaprint.html

Save yourselves a headache, don't go near Vistaprint. There are LOTS of unhappy folks. I'm now wondering whether these folks have something to do with a recent letter I got from my credit card company that warned me of some fraudulent activities going on with my credit card. They're going to close my account and send me a new card for me...

Thanks for the heads up. I had clicked on their site at one point and now receive at LEAST two emails a day - driving me crazy - and I can't seem to get them to stop.deal.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    I like overnightprints.com they do fine work thumb.gif
  • S-SoS-So Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    If anyone has been victimized by VistaPrint, don't even bother sending them an email, as it'd be bounced. They don't want any written report. All of their customer service needs to go through their 800 number, but don't even bother calling that number, either, as you'll be on your phone until you voluntarily hang up.

Here's their contact info (and then your next contact should be the FBI Internet Fraud Investigation Division):

CEO and President (soon to be jail inmate): Robert S. Keane
    95 Hayden Ave
    Lexington, MA 02421-7942
    781-652-6300

IR Contact: Angela White
    781-652-6480
    ir@vistaprint.com

NASDAQ: VPRT
    Recent market price: $34.95
    Over 1,200,000 new first-time paying customers
    Over 33,000 orders PER DAY

Question of the day: why would a company that seems to be getting good business from a good number of customers resort to such seedy practices that are, indeed, fraudulent?
  • digital2006digital2006 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    Good information...thanks
    Marty
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    Good Experience
    Good information...thanks

I've used Vista Print a number of times.
    Designed my logo, ordered letterhead, second sheets, business cards several times, presentation folders, rubber stamps, envelopes multiple times and kinds.

One set of envelopes came misprinted due to a text overlap and I called Customer Service and that week had a replacement order.

Never any issue with credit card problems etc. I will use them again without hesitation. Sorry to hear you had trouble.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
    edited May 10, 2008
    ChatKat wrote:
    Designed my logo, ordered letterhead, second sheets, business cards several times, presentation folders, rubber stamps, envelopes multiple times and kinds.

One set of envelopes came misprinted due to a text overlap and I called Customer Service and that week had a replacement order.

Never any issue with credit card problems etc. I will use them again without hesitation. Sorry to hear you had trouble.

I have no issues whatsoever with anyone who wants to use their service. By all means. However, the problem doesn't seem to be isolated to just my case or a few others. If you read the links that I provided above, you'll see that the problem with VistaPrint IS more widespreaded than you'd give them credit for.
  • LsevenLseven Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 10, 2008
    I've ordered from them a number of times. The shipping is spendy but they have to make money somewhere. Upgrading doesn't seem to pay off really but still I'll use them again and similar to above they made good on a slight misprint on one order.
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    I've used VistaPrint 7 or 8 times and have always been pleased with the results. I've never spent more than $5 on shipping and I always take advantage of the specials. I usually get 'free' business cards or postcards and always only pay the $5.

The modeling agency my daughter is with uses Vistaprint for all the postcards the models/actors send as 'thank yous' after auditions. (Each model orders their own cards. Not a single person so far has been dissatisfied yet.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Sherry
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    I have used them and several REIKI master that I know uses them and has for several years....we always order by the free 250 with shipping for $5 and never more........but I am now making my own since I bought a decent card slitter.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited May 11, 2008
    I sincerely have no issues with folks who have had nothing but good experiences with VistaPrint, but that doesn't mean VistaPrint is an ethical company. Am I an isolated and rare case? Not according to the number of complaints on Rip-Off reports and Consumer Affairs reports. How many "good" companies, let's say, Amazon.com or BH Photo and so on, get such negative publicity in reports like these? Sure, people do complain no matter what the company, but how many "good" companies force you to close down your credit card account and make countless phone calls JUST to stop the automatic monthly charges from a company or two that you've never even heard of? They have to make money in someway and somehow? Yea, I need to make money, too, but I DO have standards of my behavior that I follow by. Do I have a problem with you kind folks who want to continue using the VistaPrint service and products? Absolutely and categorically NOT. You should stay with ANY company that does you good. But for me, and for countless others who voluntarily came out spending their valuable time trying to warn others from having to suffer unnecessary headaches by reporting their experiences in Rip-Off and Consumer Affairs reports, oh no, once is ENOUGH!!
  • J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    ChatKat wrote:

I too have placed three orders (two for business cards and one for return labels) and have not had any problems yet??!! Hopefully it will stay that way. As far as receiving annoying emails, just click "unsubscribe" and that should take care of your problem, right?
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    S-So wrote:
    I sincerely have no issues with folks who have had nothing but good experiences with VistaPrint, but that doesn't mean VistaPrint is an ethical company. Am I an isolated and rare case? Not according to the number of complaints on Rip-Off reports and Consumer Affairs reports. How many "good" companies, let's say, Amazon.com or BH Photo and so on, get such negative publicity in reports like these? Sure, people do complain no matter what the company, but how many "good" companies force you to close down your credit card account and make countless phone calls JUST to stop the automatic monthly charges from a company or two that you've never even heard of? They have to make money in someway and somehow? Yea, I need to make money, too, but I DO have standards of my behavior that I follow by. Do I have a problem with you kind folks who want to continue using the VistaPrint service and products? Absolutely and categorically NOT. You should stay with ANY company that does you good. But for me, and for countless others who voluntarily came out spending their valuable time trying to warn others from having to suffer unnecessary headaches by reporting their experiences in Rip-Off and Consumer Affairs reports, oh no, once is ENOUGH!!

I've used them a few times, used a credit card, didnt have any issues. You do have to read the fine print to avoid buying things you dont want, but its fairly the same on all internet based stores - even Amazon!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    J.T. wrote:
    I too have placed three orders (two for business cards and one for return labels) and have not had any problems yet??!! Hopefully it will stay that way. As far as receiving annoying emails, just click "unsubscribe" and that should take care of your problem, right?

Actually cliking on the "unsubscribe" gutton or ticking an "unsubscribe" box can cause you to get a lot more unwanted email.....that is one way spammers verify good email addys..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited May 11, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:
    I've used them a few times, used a credit card, didnt have any issues. You do have to read the fine print to avoid buying things you dont want, but its fairly the same on all internet based stores - even Amazon!

Z

I wouldn't equate Amazon.com's ethical standards with that of VistaPrint. By the way, I read all the fine prints, AND I specifically DECLINED their third-party subscription offers. Made no difference, though. This type of sleezy practice is why VistaPrint now has "UNSATISFACTORY" rating at BBB site and the reason why they're prominently featured in Rip-Off and Consumer Affairs Reports whereas Amazon.com isn't. Amazon.com isn't going to be faced with a class action law suit, but judging by the way things are with VistaPrint, it looks like heading that way....
  • DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:
    Amazon is one of my absolute all time fav. places to shop (right up there with Costco). I'd love it if you could validate your claim that Amazon has 'stealthy' ways to extract money from you and/or make you buy things you don't want? Amazon is nothing but 100% upfront, honest and reliable. When I've ever had an issue, or a return, I get NO runaround, fast service, etc.. There's just nothing negative I can think of about Amazon--other than I wish they stocked more Camera stuff so I can get Amazon prime on everything I order!

David
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    I never had any issues with VistaPrint, as I have now ordered three times from them. No hidden fees added to my CC nor spam emails. ne_nau.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    I've heard about these problems before, but I'll add that I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times and never had a problem. Now, I wasn't satisfied with the quality of their printing on one order, but for the price it was acceptable. I've been considering switching to somewhere else, but I can't find anywhere else that prints custom photo desk calendars.

Sorry that you had such a bad experience.
    edited May 12, 2008
    I got a call today from VistaPrint regarding my issues with them. Sending an email to their IR department helps getting their attention. When I told the guy that one of the issues I had with them was that I didn't get the "free shipping" when I ordered the extra 500 cards as stated on their website, he told me that, instead of getting the free shipping, the customers actually get a "discount" on the 500 extra cards, instead. So when I told him that their website is misleading -- in fact, defrauding -- people, he told me that I need to read the fine prints. When I told him that, for an intelligent, reasonable, and logical person such as himself, what does "Free Shipping" meant, he suddenly became speechless and couldn't respond to my question.

This issue was apart from the more significant problem of the automatic monthly charges on my credit card. That was a whole another conversation with him. He told me that the company will reimburse the sneaky charges but advised me to read the fine prints next time. In turn I advised him to seek a job with another company because, if the company continues doing the business as they've been, there's going to be a class action lawsuit and the FBI investigation judging by the number of complaints in BBB, Rip-Off Reports, Consumer Affairs Reports, and so on. I had the feeling that the fellow on the other line knew what I was talking about but couldn't be personal with me because I think the phone was being recorded.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    I have used them before as well. Considering the price of what you are paying the quality is pretty good. I ordered the extra 500 cards- the first shipment never showed so I made a call and a new order was shipped 2nd day air at no additional cost. I did not receive any additional charges- just the annoying e-mails.

Not saying they are not at fault but maybe the gentleman on the phone is correct and that you need to read the fine print. There may have been something that you needed to check or uncheck that you skipped over.

There is an old saying, "Most of the trouble you find yourself in is directly related to your own actions or inactions."

The fact they are clearing up the credit card billings should go a little ways towards appeasing you. My most recent 'cheap' business card order was with 123prints. No unexpected billings and no e-mails either.

Best of luck in the future but be sure to read the fine print on any transaction- especially online transactions. deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited May 12, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I have used them before as well. Considering the price of what you are paying the quality is pretty good. I ordered the extra 500 cards- the first shipment never showed so I made a call and a new order was shipped 2nd day air at no additional cost. I did not receive any additional charges- just the annoying e-mails.

Not saying they are not at fault but maybe the gentleman on the phone is correct and that you need to read the fine print. There may have been something that you needed to check or uncheck that you skipped over.

There is an old saying, "Most of the trouble you find yourself in is directly related to your own actions or inactions."

The fact they are clearing up the credit card billings should go a little ways towards appeasing you. My most recent 'cheap' business card order was with 123prints. No unexpected billings and no e-mails either.

Best of luck in the future but be sure to read the fine print on any transaction- especially online transactions. deal.gif

I know you meant well with what you wrote, but your statements come off as saying that it's okay for companies like VistaPrint and others to mislead and defraud others -- and we're talking about hundreds and even thousands of victims here -- and fault these people for not having read the fine prints. Perhaps these hundreds and thousands of victims were just stupid folks who can't read and perhaps even illiterate.

As I wrote above, when a company clearly states "Free Shipping" if you place an extra 500 cards more, and you do so, was it my fault that I didn't read a tiny disclaimer tucked away somewhere not too noticeable? What does "Free Shipping" mean to you? I'm sure it's NOT a discount on the extra 500 cards, that's for sure. Yes, I do agree that it was MY fault for not having read to make sure that "Free Shipping" is "Free Shipping".... instead of something else totally. Why doesn't VistaPrint just come out clearly that you get a discount if you order 500 more? What's WRONG with that? They did what they did because they intend to defraud and mislead people in order to fatten their profit. That's why I claim that these hundreds and thousands of people were NOT at fault.

It's so sad to see that the standard for ethics in our society has deteriorated so much that companies like these are condoned and their practices acceptable.... Just amazing...
    edited May 12, 2008
    S-So wrote:
    I know you meant well with what you wrote, but your statements come off as saying that it's okay for companies like VistaPrint and others to mislead and defraud others -- and we're talking about hundreds and even thousands of victims here -- and fault these people for not having read the fine prints. Perhaps these hundreds and thousands of victims were just stupid folks who can't read and perhaps even illiterate.

As I wrote above, when a company clearly states "Free Shipping" if you place an extra 500 cards more, and you do so, was it my fault that I didn't read a tiny disclaimer tucked away somewhere not too noticeable? What does "Free Shipping" mean to you? I'm sure it's NOT a discount on the extra 500 cards, that's for sure. Yes, I do agree that it was MY fault for not having read to make sure that "Free Shipping" is "Free Shipping".... instead of something else totally. Why doesn't VistaPrint just come out clearly that you get a discount if you order 500 more? What's WRONG with that? They did what they did because they intend to defraud and mislead people in order to fatten their profit. That's why I claim that these hundreds and thousands of people were NOT at fault.

It's so sad to see that the standard for ethics in our society has deteriorated so much that companies like these are condoned and their practices acceptable.... Just amazing...

No I am not condoning it at all- but like you have already done- everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions as well.

The standard of self responsibility has also declined to the point where people want to sue because they were duped rather than saying- "Damn- I am an idiot! I should have caught that."

I feel for you and have been screwed a few times in the past as well. Take it as a learning experience and buyer beware- hopefully you are not out much money- just aggrivation.

More wisdom:
    The blame falls on both ends- but you can only control one.

Aaron Newman

edited May 12, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    No I am not condoning it at all- but like you have already done- everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions as well.

The standard of self responsibility has also declined to the point where people want to sue because they were duped rather than saying- "Damn- I am an idiot! I should have caught that."

I feel for you and have been screwed a few times in the past as well. Take it as a learning experience and buyer beware- hopefully you are not out much money- just aggrivation.

More wisdom:
    The blame falls on both ends- but you can only control one.

I consider myself an extremely careful online shopper, but there isn't too much one can do when you don't want to get sucker into some dubious subscriptions that they were offering with $10 enticement, which you DECLINE, and yet still get charged in a form of automatic monthly credit card bill.

Unless I'm GOD, there's a limit to self responsibility. I just don't understand how more I could have been responsible than DECLINING their enticing $10 offer for subscribing to the third-party stuff and still end up with a headache of closing down the credit card account and renew it and try to get the reimbursement from a comany that's hard to get hold of?

No offense, but according to your databank full of wisdom, how should I -- and for countless others like me -- have "controlled" this one?
    edited May 12, 2008
    S-So wrote:
    I consider myself an extremely careful online shopper, but there isn't too much one can do when you don't want to get sucker into some dubious subscriptions that they were offering with $10 enticement, which you DECLINE, and yet still get charged in a form of automatic monthly credit card bill.

Unless I'm GOD, there's a limit to self responsibility. I just don't understand how more I could have been responsible than DECLINING their enticing $10 offer for subscribing to the third-party stuff and still end up with a headache of closing down the credit card account and renew it and try to get the reimbursement from a comany that's hard to get hold of?

No offense, but according to your databank full of wisdom, how should I -- and for countless others like me -- have "controlled" this one?

rolleyes1.gif

Okay take a breath alright?

If you declined everything and did not give them your e-mail for a rewards program- and still ended up with a monthly charge- than yes you got screwed.

If you go back and look at your posts though not all of this information was put out in the beginning. There are several people that have posted on here having good experiences. Not saying they are right and you are wrong - just a different experience.

I do not put a lot of weight in complaints to consumer reports or rip off report because there is no factual data associated with it. Only complaints from random people. There are people with agendas, ex employees, and competitors that use sites like that to harm other companies. If you search Amazon and B&H there is a lot of complaints against them as well as any other high traffic business.

Point to think about- you jumped on here to voice a complaint and slammed the company pretty hard by calling them fraudulent and recommending no one use them. If they reimburse you everything and ship out the cards for free would you have come back on and said the company resolved the situation? Granted, it is not the way you expected it to be but it will be resolved right?

That is the problem with reporting agencies- most people do not post again saying if the company resolved the situation.

Here are some stats from the Better Business Bureau which actually follows up on both the complaining person and the business. Even these should be judged with a grain a salt as some companies are partners and some are not which unfortunately may have an impact on the rating.

Vista Print = Unsatisfactory

Amazon = Satisfactory (online partner- lots of complaints though)

B&H Photo = Satisfactory (also an online partner)

Overnight Prints (recommnded by Andy) = CCC rating

Aaron Newman

edited May 12, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

Okay take a breath alright?

If you declined everything and did not give them your e-mail for a rewards program- and still ended up with a monthly charge- than yes you got screwed.

If you go back and look at your posts though not all of this information was put out in the beginning. There are several people that have posted on here having good experiences. Not saying they are right and you are wrong - just a different experience.

I do not put a lot of weight in complaints to consumer reports or rip off report because there is no factual data associated with it. Only complaints from random people. There are people with agendas, ex employees, and competitors that use sites like that to harm other companies. If you search Amazon and B&H there is a lot of complaints against them as well as any other high traffic business.

Point to think about- you jumped on here to voice a complaint and slammed the company pretty hard by calling them fraudulent and recommending no one use them. If they reimburse you everything and ship out the cards for free would you have come back on and said the company resolved the situation? Granted, it is not the way you expected it to be but it will be resolved right?

That is the problem with reporting agencies- most people do not post again saying if the company resolved the situation.

Here are some stats from the Better Business Bureau which actually follows up on both the complaining person and the business. Even these should be judged with a grain a salt as some companies are partners and some are not which unfortunately may have an impact on the rating.

Vista Print = Unsatisfactory

Amazon = Satisfactory (online partner- lots of complaints though)

B&H Photo = Satisfactory (also an online partner)

Overnight Prints (recommnded by Andy) = CCC rating

So, what's your point? Yea, I came here to post a warning. Some folks had a good service from VistaPrint, and they might think twice about using them again or continue to use them. I have no problem with them nor did I get into argument with them. Now, you appear with your database full of wisdom and with your ethical relativity theory and blah blah blah with the rolling icon thrown in... So, what's your point again? Oh, you mean Enron was a great company that screwed so many elderly of their retirement money and life time savings. It's the people's fault for not being aware of what the crooks were doing, right? Are you the kind of person who doesn't mind misleading and defrauding others as long as you can get away with it, because, well, after all, it's the stupid people who deserved being duped, right?

If you like VistaPrint, go ahead and buy lots of their stock shares. Nasdaq symbol is VPRT. They're really hot right now with ever climbing share performance. Since you like icons thrown in, here's one for ya. wings.gif
    edited May 12, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:

Point to think about - How many people go through the tortuous way (surprise surprise) in which to contact VistaPrint to lodge their complaints and get their money back? How many actually give up trying to contact them? How many AREN'T even aware that there's money being leeched on a monthly basis from their credit card account or debit card from companies they had never even heard of?

Money they make using this dirty tactic MINUS money they spent on reimbursement (which isn't their money to begin with) = profit profit profit.

Again, I like your familiar relativity theory regarding BBB reports. That's pretty cute....

Do you realize HOW MANY folks must have complained enough to earn the distinction of UNSATISFACTORY on BBB site, not to mention various other medium -- and this, after having "resolved" the issues? ALL those folks are either crazy or just petty whiners like me but you're right, right?
    edited May 12, 2008
    S-So wrote:
    Are you the kind of person who doesn't mind misleading and defrauding others as long as you can get away with it, because, well, after all, it's the stupid people who deserved being duped, right?

So know how did you come to make a personal attack against me based on my comments?

You don't know me, have never met me, and if you did - you would know nothing could be further from the truth.

With the way this has gone it is utterly pointless to continue.

Hope you get your money back.

Aaron Newman

edited May 12, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    So know how did you come to make a personal attack against me based on my comments?

You don't know me, have never met me, and if you did - you would know nothing could be further from the truth.

With the way this has gone it is utterly pointless to continue.

Hope you get your money back.

For the record, that wasn't a personal attack. Based on your statements, I had to ask those questions. Just as using a rolling-laughing icon in a sarcastic manner isn't a personal attack, asking questions also isn't. You apparently don't like receiving the same treatment you give to others, that's all.

Speaking of the same treatment, before you leave here for good, let me impart my own dosage of "wisdom" to you that there's one big signifcant difference between VistaPrint and all those companies that you tried to put together in the same bed -- particularly Amazon.com and BH Photo. I'll challenge YOU to find a SYSTEMATIC, PERMANENT, and INTENTIONAL mechanism in anywhere in the Amazon.com or the BH's websites that attempt to HOOK, BAIT, and LEECH your money account.... UNBEKNOWNST to the customer and in the dark on a monthly, automatic basis....

You see, that's the problem people don't see when we grow up in a society that festers the growth of moralistic and ethical standards in relativistic terms.... We eventually fail to see the right from the wrong.
    edited May 12, 2008
    S-So wrote:
    For the record, that wasn't a personal attack. Based on your statements, I had to ask those questions. Just as using a rolling-laughing icon in a sarcastic manner isn't a personal attack, asking questions also isn't. You apparently don't like receiving the same treatment you give to others, that's all.

Speaking of the same treatment, before you leave here for good, let me impart my own dosage of "wisdom" to you that there's one big signifcant difference between VistaPrint and all those companies that you tried to put together in the same bed -- particularly Amazon.com and BH Photo. I'll challenge YOU to find a SYSTEMATIC, PERMANENT, and INTENTIONAL mechanism in anywhere in the Amazon.com or the BH's websites that attempt to HOOK, BAIT, and LEECH your money account.... UNBEKNOWNST to the customer and in the dark on a monthly, automatic basis....

You see, that's the problem people don't see when we grow up in a society that festers the growth of moralistic and ethical standards in relativistic terms.... We eventually fail to see the right from the wrong.

The rolling laugh was not in a sarcastic manner. I was actually laughing at your post in that you fail to see anyones point that disagrees with yours. I have no problem taking it as long as there is a point to it.

Go back and look at this thread. You are the only one in this thread that has had an issue with Vista Print. There are several that have used them on several occasions in a much greater capacity than you have. But you are the only one that was suspiciously hooked, baited, and leeched unbeknownst to you. And yet you still make the same claim instead of admitting there is a chance you made a mistake. Even after the customer service person said you didn't read the fine print- you fail to admit that is a possibility. Yes- you said you put him in his place and he didn't have a reply to your comment- but maybe he is just tired of getting the same call from people that didn't read the fine print.

Don't you see how that can be a little suspicious to everyone else?

Again hope you get your money but it is tough to believe you did absolutely everything correct and were still charged anyways. To be honest- I believe you missed something or misunderstood something just as the other complaints had. I am sure Vista Print receives 100's if not 1000's of orders a day and if they were commiting fraud it would not take long for them to be shut down.

As far as your wisdom - I only used companies that you mentioned or were mentioned in this very thread. I did not come up with any of my own- just used these to show that all companies receive complaints and I am sure all of them have received ones just like yours at some point or another.

I am sure you have several comments to make about this reply as well but lets be honest- is there even a point? You feel you were victim of fraud- others including myself disagree. Lets leave it at that and we all hope you get your money back and find a business card supplier that fits your needs.

Hopefully the next thread we cross paths in will be a more pleasant one.
    How about posting some photos or your mug in one of the threads so we can all welcome you the right way?

Best of luck-

Aaron Newman

edited May 13, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    The rolling laugh was not in a sarcastic manner. I was actually laughing at your post in that you fail to see anyones point that disagrees with yours. I have no problem taking it as long as there is a point to it.

Go back and look at this thread. You are the only one in this thread that has had an issue with Vista Print. There are several that have used them on several occasions in a much greater capacity than you have. But you are the only one that was suspiciously hooked, baited, and leeched unbeknownst to you. And yet you still make the same claim instead of admitting there is a chance you made a mistake. Even after the customer service person said you didn't read the fine print- you fail to admit that is a possibility. Yes- you said you put him in his place and he didn't have a reply to your comment- but maybe he is just tired of getting the same call from people that didn't read the fine print.

Don't you see how that can be a little suspicious to everyone else?

Again hope you get your money but it is tough to believe you did absolutely everything correct and were still charged anyways. To be honest- I believe you missed something or misunderstood something just as the other complaints had. I am sure Vista Print receives 100's if not 1000's of orders a day and if they were commiting fraud it would not take long for them to be shut down.

As far as your wisdom - I only used companies that you mentioned or were mentioned in this very thread. I did not come up with any of my own- just used these to show that all companies receive complaints and I am sure all of them have received ones just like yours at some point or another.

I am sure you have several comments to make about this reply as well but lets be honest- is there even a point? You feel you were victim of fraud- others including myself disagree. Lets leave it at that and we all hope you get your money back and find a business card supplier that fits your needs.

Hopefully the next thread we cross paths in will be a more pleasant one.
    How about posting some photos or your mug in one of the threads so we can all welcome you the right way?

Best of luck-

Man, it's just amazing how you've missed the whole picture.... You're absolutely right about one thing, though, there's no point for us to continue with this silly tete-a-tete. So why don't you continue using VistaPrint and I don't? That's a pretty fair thing to say, wouldn't you agree? In fact, my own brother has used VistaPrint with absolutely no problems. The difference between you and my brother, however, is that he does pay heed to what the BBB, Rip-Off and Consumer Affairs have to say about VistaPrint instead of relativizing and trivializing the hordes of people coming out with their condemnation of the way the company conducts its business. Even if I had never been victimized by VistaPrint, my own natural instinct would instruct me to stay the hell away from the company with so many bad reports. But not YOU!!

Yea, I'm the ONLY one who came out to warn others about their seedy practice, so my report can't be all that important. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever if everyone wants to continue using VistaPrint in spite of my warning. Actually, it'd be more fun to encourage more people to use VistaPrint, but my conscience won't allow it.

Nothing personal, as I don't know you as you stated earlier. You follow your own personal, inner antenna that is unique to you, and I follow mine. One thing I will introduce myself as such at this point is that I've always fought tirelessly against corruption and have always stood for consumer protectionism all my adult life. I hate corruption, period. No matter the source. And I hate with passion greedy practices by businesses and corporations where they've truly lost the distinction between what is right from wrong. People only live once. Might as well live clean and morally upright. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even a Christian.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    At the risk of getting slammed:
    • Thanks for the warning about Vista Prints
    • I always refer to www.resellerratings.com before doing business with any on-line retailer. If the rating there is less than stellar, I move on. I call this due diligence and CYA.
    • One should do their research before clicking on a link
    • Vista Prints does things for "free", but TANSTAAFL