Options

Drugs, cannibals & the volcano.

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    What a cool group of photos these last ones are bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb .....really like the attacking natives and also the top of the volcano shots..........damn I am starting to think maybe of not moving to the Czech Republic but I don't much care for heat.......and your in the heat down there and humidity.....Oh yeah.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    What a cool group of photos these last ones are bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb .....really like the attacking natives and also the top of the volcano shots..........damn I am starting to think maybe of not moving to the Czech Republic but I don't much care for heat.......and your in the heat down there and humidity.....Oh yeah.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Gus!
    Thank you so much for this fantastic story with all these wonderful photographs!
    Realy cool journey!
    Yuri
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    Gus!
    Thank you so much for this fantastic story with all these wonderful photographs!
    Realy cool journey!
    Yuri
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited May 19, 2008
    :jawdrop
    Great stuff, Gus. Keep 'em coming.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    This last photois almost surreal being almost totally reddish yellow.......wonder who too the photo.......gives me the feeling of one of my parties from the mid to late 70's or early 80's...........that heady feeling:Dmwink.gif you have kava.....I had waterpipe....rolleyes1.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 19, 2008
    Mate, next time you say "we're going on a resort vacation", I'm booking the same trip, immediately.

Unbelievable. Truly.
    gus wrote:
    296911776_5E5VY-S.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Fantastic photos and wonderful story telling.thumb.gif I'm impressed that you pack an arsenal of equipment with you.bowdown.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Mate, next time you say "we're going on a resort vacation", I'm booking the same trip, immediately.

Unbelievable. Truly.
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Fantastic photos and wonderful story telling.thumb.gif I'm impressed that you pack an arsenal of equipment with you.bowdown.gif

Cuong
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    :jawdrop I'm seriously impressed Mate! reminds me of some of my own exploits while serving in the US Navy in the South Pacific... I miss it sometimes... You said in the beginning that you didn't like resorts but your family did, was the trip to Tanna the compromise? rolleyes1.gif Spend a few days at a resort and a few days in a hut on the side of a volcano? What a great vacation!

Nice shots too! I love the ones of the Natives jumping out of the jungle to shock and surprise! did you get more than one of the valcano?

Cheers
    Winston
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
    :jawdrop I'm seriously impressed Mate! reminds me of some of my own exploits while serving in the US Navy in the South Pacific... I miss it sometimes... You said in the beginning that you didn't like resorts but your family did, was the trip to Tanna the compromise? rolleyes1.gif Spend a few days at a resort and a few days in a hut on the side of a volcano? What a great vacation!

Nice shots too! I love the ones of the Natives jumping out of the jungle to shock and surprise! did you get more than one of the valcano?

Cheers
    Winston
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2008
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Wow-- not much more to say than that. Very cool read and journey and photos. A whole new world for me!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2008
    Mesmerized. I was supposed to be packing for a trip to Batimore, but this is way more interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    dogwood wrote:
    Wow-- not much more to say than that. Very cool read and journey and photos. A whole new world for me!
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    Mesmerized. I was supposed to be packing for a trip to Batimore, but this is way more interesting. Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:

Unbelievable. Truly.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 20, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Im going back next year. You still be in 0z ? There wont be any resorts the next time though.
    I'm in. Doesn't matter where I am nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Thanks for stopping in javier. Just make sure you get there to witness it one day. You honestly wont regret it. Just dont drink the village kava deal.gif

I showed the pictures to my wife who was similarly amazed. I'd have to do a resort with her, though, she gets skittish around the mosquitos.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited May 20, 2008
    Reading this demonstrates the difference between a traveler and a tourist.

It just gets better and better. Thanks Gus!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Wow Gus... That is hardcore... thumb.gif

I totally enjoyed the narrative and the photography. Sounds like an unforgettable trip. When I need a reference for an adventurous trip, I will be sure to return here to re-read this photo journal...

Thanks for sharing...

Lee
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I'm in. Doesn't matter where I am nod.gif
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    I showed the pictures to my wife who was similarly amazed. I'd have to do a resort with her, though, she gets skittish around the mosquitos.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    Reading this demonstrates the difference between a traveler and a tourist.

It just gets better and better. Thanks Gus!
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2008
    Lee Massey wrote:
    Wow Gus... That is hardcore... thumb.gif

I totally enjoyed the narrative and the photography. Sounds like an unforgettable trip. When I need a reference for an adventurous trip, I will be sure to return here to re-read this photo journal...

Thanks for sharing...

Lee
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2008
    Gus, that was an amazing adventure you told and was lined with many lovely pictures, unbeleivable bowdown.gif

Tim