The get ready for the new cart thread

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    Udiny wrote:
    Hi,

Is there any way to change the default shopping cart tab from 'Prints' to Downloads' ?

Thanks

Udi
    Sure. Don't have any prints priced at all. Sorry there's not another way :(
  • Options
    PhotoMarkusPhotoMarkus Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2008
    I haven't had the time to read through all these hundreds of responses.
    My 0.02$ and comments:

a) Fantastic new shopping cart! Love it.

b) Nomenclature of shopping cart items:
    You offer "standard size" prints and "compact camera sizes". The latter somewhat implies to a client that the prints in this section may not be suitable for the selected "professional photograph", although the chosen crop of this image is part of the "compact camera sizes". Also the term "compact camera" implies non-professional, which is not true, it is just a crop format ;) I would opt for a "more professional" name or just combine it with "other sizes".

c) When you e.g. enable all print sizes for an image gallery, where a variety of size formats is present, it is quite "uncomfortable" to e.g. find the format the fits BEST for that particular image with the LEAST paper waste. I can think of 2 solutions to find best paper format:

1. the first simply avoiding the separation of "standard size, compact camera sizes, other sizes" and rather sorting the print size by the first dimension of the print size. This would enables simple "testing" of similar sizes to find the best fitting print size.
    2. just let the user enter the rough first dimension, and have a little algorithm that works out which of the offered print sizes fit best to the crop of the image. That would be quite awesome actually :)

d)
    As pointed out in another thread (with a title with different subject): I'd love to see print margins enabled for all print sizes available. Easy to implement and would enable customers to specify their margins when they want to mount/frame picture. So besides the nice crop tool, just a simple way to specify the margin on each side.

e)
    Lastly, I'd love to see that after the print sizes you state "inch" in your cart. For us in Europe, it is not that obvious. Clients here may think it is all in "cm" :)

Thanks for "listening".
    Markus
  • Options
    xaeinsteinxaeinstein Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 11, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    We won't give an exact timeframe, Ben - sorry :(
    But they're hugely important too us. As Baldy mentioned, we have another thing to get done, first - then we'll move back to the coupons deal.gif

This year? I hope :)

Reply/Post:

O come'on!!!

It's got to be this year!!!!
    What could be more important than coupons??

wings.gifclap
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    xaeinstein wrote:
    What could be more important than coupons??
    mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2008
    I want to add (f): let the photographer decide on the minimum acceptable dpi resolution for prints and warn clients when they select a too large format that after cropping with e.g. a too low resolution. Good idea ? Maybe even more though: a postcard size print maybe needs the 300dpi, but a huge wall print or canvas print gets away with 150dpi, so keeping this flexible would be good.

What do you guys think about points (a) to (f) ???
    Thanks,
    M
    I haven't had the time to read through all these hundreds of responses.
    My 0.02$ and comments:

a) Fantastic new shopping cart! Love it.

b) Nomenclature of shopping cart items:
    You offer "standard size" prints and "compact camera sizes". The latter somewhat implies to a client that the prints in this section may not be suitable for the selected "professional photograph", although the chosen crop of this image is part of the "compact camera sizes". Also the term "compact camera" implies non-professional, which is not true, it is just a crop format ;) I would opt for a "more professional" name or just combine it with "other sizes".

c) When you e.g. enable all print sizes for an image gallery, where a variety of size formats is present, it is quite "uncomfortable" to e.g. find the format the fits BEST for that particular image with the LEAST paper waste. I can think of 2 solutions to find best paper format:

1. the first simply avoiding the separation of "standard size, compact camera sizes, other sizes" and rather sorting the print size by the first dimension of the print size. This would enables simple "testing" of similar sizes to find the best fitting print size.
    2. just let the user enter the rough first dimension, and have a little algorithm that works out which of the offered print sizes fit best to the crop of the image. That would be quite awesome actually :)

d)
    As pointed out in another thread (with a title with different subject): I'd love to see print margins enabled for all print sizes available. Easy to implement and would enable customers to specify their margins when they want to mount/frame picture. So besides the nice crop tool, just a simple way to specify the margin on each side.

e)
    Lastly, I'd love to see that after the print sizes you state "inch" in your cart. For us in Europe, it is not that obvious. Clients here may think it is all in "cm" :)

Thanks for "listening".
    Markus
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2008
    I want to add (f): let the photographer decide on the minimum acceptable dpi resolution for prints and warn clients when they select a too large format that after cropping with e.g. a too low resolution. Good idea ? Maybe even more though: a postcard size print maybe needs the 300dpi, but a huge wall print or canvas print gets away with 150dpi, so keeping this flexible would be good.
    Hm, I think that since we guarantee the prints we have to set the mins and control them. Sorry :(
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2008

(a through e)

Thanks for "listening".
    Markus
    Markus, great stuff, thanks for the detailed feedback, we really appreciate it. I've ensured that the cart team has seen it.

Thanks for the props, too! :)
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hm, I think that since we guarantee the prints we have to set the mins and control them. Sorry :(
    Fair enough.
    Andy wrote:
    Markus, great stuff, thanks for the detailed feedback, we really appreciate it. I've ensured that the cart team has seen it.

Thanks for taking this in.
    I hope some of these ideas may be helpful for future improvements.
    Best regards,
    Markus
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Andy
    Any of the raised ideas/issues been noted and liked by the cart team ?

- The most simplistic fix would be to add a note about inch/cm:
    Instead of 8x12 you'd put down 8x12in in the cart.

- Any news regarding print margins ?

- I am aware that finding the best print format is harder to implement but would avoid this overflow of choices people have right now ... (see above).

Anyway, keep up the great work,
    Markus

PS: Off topic.
    Is there any way I can put "BUY this Photo" and "View Cart" button in-line with the Slideshow and Shared-linked button ? Having them on top of each other as is now looks a bit bold IMHO.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Hi Andy
    Any of the raised ideas/issues been noted and liked by the cart team ?

- The most simplistic fix would be to add a note about inch/cm:
    Instead of 8x12 you'd put down 8x12in in the cart.
    No news, but I'll raise it again!
    PS: Off topic.
    Is there any way I can put "BUY this Photo" and "View Cart" button in-line with the Slideshow and Shared-linked button ? Having them on top of each other as is now looks a bit bold IMHO.
    Please post in the Customizing forum, so that the experts there can help with this - should be doable. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    No news, but I'll raise it again!Please post in the Customizing forum, so that the experts there can help with this - should be doable. Thanks!
    Wow, speeeeeed. Thx for the reply :)