Options

whoa -- new layout on control buttons

1235»

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    All my log in pages go to this link and there is no active customization. headscratch.gif

https://secure.smugmug.com/login.mg?go.......

Gallery passwords don't go there. They don't appear to be done under SSL at all and the URL is just the URL of the gallery. See http://friend.smugmug.com/gallery/4854983_4tmAM for an example.

Same for site passwords.

--John
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Gallery passwords don't go there. They don't appear to be done under SSL at all and the URL is just the URL of the gallery. See http://friend.smugmug.com/gallery/4854983_4tmAM for an example.

Same for site passwords.

--John
    You are right, but on all my gallery password log in pages I only get one
    banner and one navbar so the CSS is working with no specific CSS for any
    password page except for background.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    You are right, but on all my gallery password log in pages I only get one
    banner and one navbar so the CSS is working with no specific CSS for any
    password page except for background.

Here's the site in question and the thread about it. I'm sure there are work-arounds that can solve this, I just thought there could be a simpler way and JT usually responds quickly to simple ways to improve the CSS. I didn't want to mess with this guy's site at all or even recommend a fix until he fixed all the unclosed div tags.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Good idea, I can implement the galleryPassword classname his week - dunno when it will go out though.

Implementing a css class for the site wide password page may be more difficult, but we will see.
    jfriend wrote:
    Hmmm. I just came across an interesting CSS styling problem. There appears to be no way to target CSS rules in the header area to be effective only on the password page. The body tag doesn't tell you that you're on the password page.

A user has multiple navbars in his header and hides/shows them as appropriate according to the context that he gets from the classes in the body tag. Now, along comes a password prompt page and the body tag just looks like:

<body class="tempClass notLoggedIn bodyColor_Black">

It is not until the <div id="content" class="galleryPassword passwordPage"> that a CSS rule can tell it's a passwordPage, but the header (and thus his navbars) are before and outside that div.

So, there's no clean way to define what part of his header should show on this gallery password page.

It would be much easier to solve this problem if we had:

<body class="tempClass notLoggedIn bodyColor_Black galleryPassword passwordPage gallery_6852981">

Then, he could explicitly target header CSS rules in the header area to this particular page and he could even vary them by gallery.
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2008
    {JT} wrote:
    Good idea, I can implement the galleryPassword classname his week - dunno when it will go out though.

Implementing a css class for the site wide password page may be more difficult, but we will see.

Thanks JT.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2009
    {JT} wrote:
    This has been added and will go out with the next update.

JT, I found one more place that the breadcrumb stuff is still in the breadcrumb object, not a breadCrumbTrail object, rendering the simple CSS of hiding the breadCrumbTrail ineffective.

It's on this page: http://deborahjackson.smugmug.com/keyword/.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    JT, I found one more place that the breadcrumb stuff is still in the breadcrumb object, not a breadCrumbTrail object, rendering the simple CSS of hiding the breadCrumbTrail ineffective.

It's on this page: http://deborahjackson.smugmug.com/keyword/.

The breadCrumbTrail ID was added to the keyword and date homepages with the latest push.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2009
    {JT} wrote:
    This has been added and will go out with the next update.

JT, I just found one more place that there's no breadCrumbTrail object. It's in ShareGroups. I also was surprised that there's no sharegroup number as a class somewhere so there is no way to make CSS that is specific to one particular sharegroup.

In particular, somebody wanted to hide the breadcrumb in one particular sharegroup. That wasn't possible and even if they want to hide it in all their sharegroups, you can't hide the breadcrumb without also hiding the sharegroups tools which is a pain.

Sharegroups would like to have breadCrumbTrail too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular