Options

Taking the social thing too far...

13»

Comments

• Options
    brecklundinbrecklundin Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    If by so many you mean 5, then yeah :) But we've addressed it temporarily (as I posted above) and we'll see about adding a plugin that could disable it or make it dismiss-able in the future.

Lets add passive-aggressive to condescending and smarmy, eh Andrew?
    SamirD wrote: »
    A lot of posts for 5 people. rolleyes1.gif But it's good to see it addressed nevertheless. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Lets add passive-aggressive to condescending and smarmy, eh Andrew?

Breck: we dealt with the issue, as best we can. I have been open, transparent, courteous and honest.

I hope you can accept that. I'm sorry you are upset about it :(

I will add: you may continue to use Dgrin if you can remain civil. Thank you.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2011
    Ahhh...I see, I haven't run into the nag but looks like Andy got something in place (luuuuuuuve you Andy...hahahaha rolleyes1.gif). I'll have to sleuth out the code and see what needs squelching...but if you've tried with ABP then it might not be doable that way, a first from my experience. Better that Dgrin changed the message or nag that way if there is something important we can still see it.
    Since this message is actually hard coded as part of the page when it loads (do a view source and see for yourself), it's not going to be possible to remove it from your end. And since it is a single line almost as small as the navbar with all of dgrin's forum options, I think it should be easy enough to ignore if it bothers you. ne_nau.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    I've changed the message. Next time you get it, it should just welcome you back, and not ask you to do anything. When we make some other changes to the forum in the not-so-distant future, we'll try and eliminate that message altogether.

Cool?

Thanks Andy.

It's not so much the presence of the message that bothered me as the "social engineering" content. Sounds like you've dealt with it. thumb.gif