These people are stealing EVERYONES photos from dgrin!!!

124»

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2011
    I must be being collossally stupid here, but when I click on the en.jojo link appended earlier in the thread I get a forum which seems to have NO pictures, and the search function is disabled unless you join up.

How do I check for my own images?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited August 20, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    I must be being collossally stupid here, but when I click on the en.jojo link appended earlier in the thread I get a forum which seems to have NO pictures, and the search function is disabled unless you join up.

How do I check for my own images?

Are you using the correct link: http://en.jo1jo.com/vb2/ ? I just did a search for divamum and found a few of your images, but mainly mentions of your name in posts from other Grinners. Don't know why the search isn't working for you--I'm not a member of that forum (AFAIK lol3.gif).
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2011
    its easier to use google

search for en.jo1jo.com + your username
    found 8 hits for you

one of the results
    http://en.jo1jo.com/vb2/showthread.php?t=452311
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2011
    Bugger.

Thank you for the legalese, Ziggy. Sent.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2011
    I was able to find one of mine as well. I stopped after I found one and copied Ziggy's email and sent it off.

It was a photo of Wilber and let me tell you he one peed of little duck! He doesn't mind all his friends here on Digital Grin, but is mortified he's being objectified as as a sexual object all over the internet! :smo

Sam
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    As mentioned above, jo1jo.com is registered in Jordan and hosted in Las Vegas by Versaweb, LLC. Our stuff is appearing in the English language section of the site, en.jo1jo.com, but the main landing page is Arabic. If you want to know what's there, just use Google language tools to translate the page--all you need to supply is the URL. I wonder whether they're stealing the Arabic content as well. Wouldn't surprise me.

In the meantime, I have received no acknowledgment of my complaint from Versaweb and the infringing content is still online. Has anyone gotten any response yet? ear.gif

I have not received any notification even if they read my email....as to translators...the ones on google have only translated parts of the main forums for me and nothing to tell me where the search option is...I may have time sunday or late Monday to send Awais a note and see if he can help out.......Off to see a slide show on Tanzania....taken by John Ellert.....good evening.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    its easier to use google

search for en.jo1jo.com + your username
    found 8 hits for you

one of the results
    http://en.jo1jo.com/vb2/showthread.php?t=452311

Thanks for the tip, Bas. I found one of my posts, with several of my photos, on the scammer site, using Google as you specified.

I have sent an email to Versaweb as Ziggy did. Pile it on!

Has anyone reported this violation to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center?
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    25 of mine there... stinks of bot through and through. I expect there are hundreds of others about. Not quite sure really what kind of damage this is doing as the vast majority of posts have no reply. Nothing much really I can do about my images being stolen and used elsewhere, t'is the Internet.
    edited August 21, 2011
    IPClark wrote: »
    Nothing much really I can do about my images being stolen and used elsewhere, t'is the Internet.
    thats right
    i dont consider it as stealing
    copying an image from internet is not wrong , its allready public

but
    duplicating half a forum-site , thats bloody weird
    edited August 21, 2011
    IPClark wrote: »
    25 of mine there... stinks of bot through and through. I expect there are hundreds of others about. Not quite sure really what kind of damage this is doing as the vast majority of posts have no reply. Nothing much really I can do about my images being stolen and used elsewhere, t'is the Internet.
    thats right
    i dont consider it as stealing
    copying an image from internet is not wrong , its allready public

but
    duplicating half a forum-site , thats bloody weird

Wrong guys...IT IS STEALING......that is like saying I see your car park on the street, or in a public parking lot or garage...it is public therefore i commit no crime by taking it....and that attitude is what makes it hard to prosecute for this....these images and posts are someones PRIVATE Property PARKED ON PUBLIC FORUMS....but even the forums are private...no different than seeing a purse on a bench in a PUBLIC MALL.....taking that purse will land you in jail for some time....it should be exactly the same for stealing foum posts or images from any place on the internet......
    Even our good Friend Awais has had images stolen and used by the Marriott corp ....someone could definitely afford to pay for use...but no it is no crime to steal from a photog for posting his images on the internet.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    I understand it's stealing but without the ability to apply a full level of security on the image, there's very little we can do apart from make take down requests etc. All those images that have the right click function disabled can simply be screenshot captured and cropped out of the screencap.

Totally sucks.

I agree whatever this forum is doing by leeching our actual posts is all a bit weird.
    edited August 21, 2011
    Art Scott wrote: »
    Wrong guys...IT IS STEALING......
    not ,
    WWW is public !!!!!!!!!
    everyone can copy [ weather it is stealing or not ] you know that on forehand

if anyone want to sell his/her work , they should
    either watermark or dont put on WWW at all

whatever you place on WWW is public
    so , dont complain ; they copied my pic

DGrin has no precautions either
    [ perhaps they should ]
    edited August 24, 2011
    not ,
    WWW is public !!!!!!!!!
    everyone can copy [ weather it is stealing or not ] you know that on forehand

if anyone want to sell his/her work , they should
    either watermark or dont put on WWW at all

whatever you place on WWW is public
    so , dont complain ; they copied my pic

DGrin has no precautions either
    [ perhaps they should ]

Go over to the NY Times website and take some of their images or just some of their stories and place on your blog and see if they say it is free to use their stuff because it is on the net..........

edited August 24, 2011
    images and articles are copied from there as well
    i just checked , no copy protection or right-click protection

nonetheless , DGrin should have it ,
    especially considering the large amount of pro's here

look at this small Dutch site
    no way you copy from there , unless you are a hacker
    http://www.nederpix.nl/portal.php?language=english&sid=939b9cbb573bdce04893ee85307295c8
    and this is much lesser quality and size then DGrin

as long as people are stealing and copying , you will need protection !!!!
    [ i assume you leave you front door open when you leave your house ? ]
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    images and articles are copied from there as well
    i just checked , no copy protection or right-click protection

nonetheless , DGrin should have it ,
    especially considering the large amount of pro's here

http://www.nederpix.nl/portal.php?language=english&sid=939b9cbb573bdce04893ee85307295c8
    and this is much lesser quality and size then DGrin

I just dragged the image to my desktop and had it easy-peasy. No hacker skills required. I really don't see how we could lock down the images on this site, but I will ask...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011

You're kidding, right? :D

20110824-dmep8yytu22hnckqj3hdrersd9.jpg

Any image on the internet can be screengrabbed in 5 seconds. Watermark your photos if you are concerned about blogs forums other websites and your images.
    edited August 24, 2011
    DavidTO wrote: »
    I just dragged the image to my desktop and had it easy-peasy. No hacker skills required. I really don't see how we could lock down the images on this site, but I will ask...
    the thumbnail or the image ?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited August 24, 2011
    This isn't being done by somebody sitting at a desktop. It's a bot of some sort, so none of the UI features matter at all.
    edited August 24, 2011
    Andy wrote: »

20110824-dmep8yytu22hnckqj3hdrersd9.jpg

Any image on the internet can be screengrabbed in 5 seconds. Watermark your photos if you are concerned about blogs forums other websites and your images.
    i am not concerned , they can have em , but other users ( pro's who need to make a living) are

BTW , you just stole an image :D
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2011
    the thumbnail or the image ?

The image.

Point is that there's nothing we can do to truly protect content on Dgrin from bots. All we can do is make it more annoying for the rest of us.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited August 31, 2011
    It would appear that the post and thread, which contained my work, at the new offending site have been removed.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums