AlbumFetcher - Download multiple galleries w/ embedded captions and keywords

Comments

• BertoBerto Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 6, 2010
    AlbumFetcher developer updated the drop.io file and I was also able to download it and now works! wings.gif I had a previous release installed which nologner worked.

Thank you.
    Albert

Berto wrote:
    Thanks, it works great.
    Amasing this smugmug site. rolleyes1.gif
    Albert
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Berto wrote:
    AlbumFetcher developer updated the drop.io file and I was also able to download it and now works! wings.gif I had a previous release installed which nologner worked.
    Great to hear! Is the version you have newer than the version posted here? I use AF a lot now. It's a great app.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • fireserpentfireserpent Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 8, 2010
    Thank you, thank you!
    I wanted to thank you very much for making this available again...I tried Rapid Fetcher on 2 different Windows machines, and I couldn't get it to work on either one (had different issues on each).

I'm working on downloading everything right now - I used to purchase backup disks via the third-party SM partnered with, but SM has apparently suspended that service. As soon as I'm done with my backup using AlbumFetcher, I'm making a contribution!

clap.gifiloveyou.gif
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Howdy, folks. If there's anyone out there still using AlbumFetcher, I'd like to tell you about something.

In October 2010, I plan to swim a 10K - sort of a swimmer's marathon - in honor of two boys at my church who both have Mitochondrial Disease. I'd like to use the swim as a fundraiser for UMDF, which supports Mito research.

If you've used and liked AlbumFetcher, please consider supporting UMDF by supporting my swim. You can read more about my 10K via the link below; if you're in the giving spirit, please note yourself as an AlbumFetcher user.

http://www.firstgiving.com/wellman10kswim

Thanks for reading! :D

PS... Anything AlbumFetcher-related that comes in through Paypal between now and the swim date will go toward UMDF as well, though the link above will bypass the 3% Paypal cut.
    edited March 18, 2010
    AF is a staple in my workflow, so I'm glad not only to hear that you're still around here, but that you're giving back to society. thumb.gif What a great spirit. If there were more people like you in the world, the world would be a better place. bowdown.gif
  • swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I am confused....as AF still supported and working or no? My cousin wanted to use it and I saw it said on first page no longer supported but people on last page are still talking about using it-I always loved it but hadn't had to use/try it lately so I wasn't sure....:)
    thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    swcolleen wrote:
    I am confused....as AF still supported and working or no? My cousin wanted to use it and I saw it said on first page no longer supported but people on last page are still talking about using it-I always loved it but hadn't had to use/try it lately so I wasn't sure....:)
    thanks
    Use RapidFetcher, it's supported by the developer. AlbumFetcher isn't.
    http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps
    edited March 21, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    Use RapidFetcher, it's supported by the developer. AlbumFetcher isn't.
    http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps

ok I guess I will check that out. Too bad about AF-I really thought that was a nice app.
    edited March 22, 2010
    swcolleen wrote:
    thanks

AF isn't under active development any more, so some of the newer SmugMug features (like hidden photos and collections) aren't supported. However, it does still work. The files are hosted on drop.io, which has a 1000 download limit. Whenever the files go over the limit, usually someone will post to this thread and I'll put up a new file and change the link here.

So, for a short answer... Is it supported? Not really. Does it still work? Absolutely - I use it all the time. :D It's just unlikely that I'll put any more time or features into it.
    edited March 22, 2010
    wellman wrote:
    AF isn't under active development any more, so some of the newer SmugMug features (like hidden photos and collections) aren't supported. However, it does still work. The files are hosted on drop.io, which has a 1000 download limit. Whenever the files go over the limit, usually someone will post to this thread and I'll put up a new file and change the link here.

So, for a short answer... Is it supported? Not really. Does it still work? Absolutely - I use it all the time. :D It's just unlikely that I'll put any more time or features into it.

edited March 23, 2010
    wellman wrote:
    Since I use AF all the time and still love it, I could host the file for you at no cost. I have 100GB of monthly transfer on my host and use only a fraction of that each month. If it's only 1MB, I can easily support about 30,000 downloads a month. Just let me know.
    edited March 23, 2010
    SamirD wrote:
    Since I use AF all the time and still love it, I could host the file for you at no cost. I have 100GB of monthly transfer on my host and use only a fraction of that each month. If it's only 1MB, I can easily support about 30,000 downloads a month. Just let me know.

Wow, that would be awesome! I think all the files (zip, exe, and source zip) are all live right now. If you would like to grab them and PM me new links to your server, I will update the links in the first post. Thanks!!! bowdown.gif
    edited March 23, 2010
    wellman wrote:
    Wow, that would be awesome! I think all the files (zip, exe, and source zip) are all live right now. If you would like to grab them and PM me new links to your server, I will update the links in the first post. Thanks!!! bowdown.gif
    Done. thumb.gif
    edited March 23, 2010
    SamirD wrote:
    Done. thumb.gif

Thanks to SamirD, AlbumFetcher has a new home! Check the first post for the updated download links. No more 1000-download limits from drop.io. Thanks, SamirD! bowdown.gif
    edited March 23, 2010
    wellman wrote:
    Thanks to SamirD, AlbumFetcher has a new home! Check the first post for the updated download links. No more 1000-download limits from drop.io. Thanks, SamirD! bowdown.gif
    You're welcome!
  • ClubFlysClubFlys Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    I love AlbumFetcher! Sucks that it was removed from the Wiki page. I tried the RapidFetcher and it just sucks balls! :(

Im so happy I was able to find this thread again! yay! clap.gif
  • jonmadisonjonmadison Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 21, 2010
    RapidFetcher doesn't work on Windows 7. heck, didn't work on mac either when i saw it--or, at the very least, usability was pretty crummy.

just thought i'd put that out there. it's kind of sad that the main link you get for something that bulk downloads is something that is broken.

just because AlbumFetcher isn't being actively developed anymore doesn't mean it's good, quality software (that still has a usable UI and actually works).

lobbying for a more clear, distinct link to AlbumFetcher!

j.
    edited July 2, 2011
    I've recently reverted back to using AlbumFetcher since the Download All feature no longer works for me. Still a great piece of software!
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2011
    What happened to AlbunFetcher? Look like the wiki page that listed apps was
    converted to the new help pages and it is missing on the new help page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited August 15, 2011
    Allen wrote: »

It's still out there - just not under active development any longer. I've updated the links to public Dropbox space. See top of thread.
    edited August 15, 2011
    Allen wrote: »
    SM dropped it when development on it was discontinued. ne_nau.gif

It still works great for galleries that are just regular. I'm actually using it as I type. :D
  • lonelypatricklonelypatrick Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 26, 2011
    would be nice find not yesterday updated and even older and albums by its creator and pictures by the file name like "15344119-O".

can someone upload a link where can download the last, build version of the Albumfetcher?
    edited September 29, 2011
    wellman wrote: »
    It's still out there - just not under active development any longer. I've updated the links to public Dropbox space. See top of thread.
    Are these the same version that I've got on my server?
    would be nice find not yesterday updated and even older and albums by its creator and pictures by the file name like "15344119-O".

can someone upload a link where can download the last, build version of the Albumfetcher?
    Here's the link to the files I've been hosting:
    http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/AlbumFetcher/
    edited October 5, 2011
    I absolutely LOVE AlbumFetcher! I'm wondering if I can pay a donation to get the developer to resume development. :)
    edited October 6, 2011
    It's a great program. :) I use it regularly. thumb.gif
    edited February 14, 2012
    Well, it looks like SM finally made a change that made it stop working. :cry I tried logging in yesterday and I got a 'session ID invalid' error. :cry
    edited February 14, 2012
    Works for me just fine. I logged in and downloaded an album without any errors.
    edited February 14, 2012
    And don't forget that the source code is available for further development!
    -Greg
    SamirD wrote: »
    Well, it looks like SM finally made a change that made it stop working. :cry I tried logging in yesterday and I got a 'session ID invalid' error. :cry
    edited February 14, 2012
    ClubFlys wrote: »
    Works for me just fine. I logged in and downloaded an album without any errors.
    Great to know! I'll try it again in a bit. iloveyou.gif
    edited August 1, 2013
    AlbumFetcher is currently dead, given SmugMug's new awesomeness and new API.

It might be easily resurrected by someone who can do some C++ updating. Source code is still available (see first post in thread).