• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 24, 2006
    hey dad
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    he doesnt' have to pay for tuition because i get it for free, thats the deal rolleyes1.gif

Where's the diploma?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Where's the diploma?

hehe in good time, I'm only a freshman1drink.gif
  • Options
    PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:

I know this stuff bc I spend way too much time on w w w . b i m m e r f o r u m s . c o m and not studying :( it may also be because i've owned 3 e30's all with the 2.7l eta engine

Not that it really matters in this thread because you're trying to push your father into buying you another car, but it is cool to see someone who is so enthusiastic about E30's thumb.gif

You should start running on the bigger tracks in the Spec E30 class.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Poindexter wrote:
    Not that it really matters in this thread because you're trying to push your father into buying you another car, but it is cool to see someone who is so enthusiastic about E30's thumb.gif

You should start running on the bigger tracks in the Spec E30 class.

Yeah I love em iloveyou.gif I've even rebuilt an engine on one! This summer I'm working at the local BMW dealership as a management intern or car parking guy. It'll be great to get all that first hand experience.

I'm not sure if there are any Spec e30 races around me (upstate NY) but this spring the CCA is going to Limerock which is a nice track right around here.

check this out, its a little group/club i'm in http://www.numassmontring.com
  • Options
    PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    Very cool Zac. Check this out for your region: http://www.nasanortheast.org/schedule.htm
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    :( someone just bought the car

I know someone will say there will be more... so go ahead
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    hehe in good time, I'm only a freshman1drink.gif

Cool. Earn your diploma and maybe you'll have earned a car...until then, what you want a free car for going to one semester of school? What, are you high?
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    BMW rolleyes1.gif
    i Have Cost effective solution more speed then anything have a look a unique ride
    somebody said "People beleive in Photos"
    53741142-L.jpg
    and it crossed the car

53741141-L.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    BMW rolleyes1.gif
    i Have Cost effective solution more speed then anything have a look a unique ride
    somebody said "People beleive in Photos"
    53741142-Ti.jpg
    and it crossed the car

53741141-Ti.jpg

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Awais - if you want to be adopted by an American family ever, you ring me up, you would make a great son! lol3.giflol3.gif
    I seem to have room now for one more son
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    I love this thread . . . and I thought having three daughters was expensive eek7.gif Two married, one to go!
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    IMO, if it is the type family who buys all people cars, then the kid should have a car. Which car is kind of up to the "giver" and the type cars that are usually given, IMO. When one is on one's own, then one gets to decide What Kind of Car/and anything else.

How else can one learn that it sucks to be dependent on others.

Accidents happen, the solution and resolution depends on the circumstances, family values and the option of the person who "owns" the other person (and please don't quote that Gibran guy to me, I used to do that, too.)

When I was young I did have a rather nice car, while I was waiting, I drove a truck...............they were all good. The "old" truck probably gave the best memories. I don't see anything wrong with families being consistent in who they give what to.

All that said, I am now old and poor.

I WANT a car that I can safely drive out of town, that has a/c. My grandsons have better cars. OK, so I do have a camera, not the point.

I do want a car. So I can go see my kids more.

ginger:cry

I already finished school. Can't do that again, but I will autograph a photo from me for a nice car.:D

A word to the wise to Andy's son and anyone else's. The car now is not as important as making sure you study hard enough and do well enough never to be dependent on others such as you take the neediness to a public forum.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

A word to the wise to Andy's son and anyone else's. The car now is not as important as making sure you study hard

bowdown.gif truer words never spoken Zac! Listen to Ginger. She's a smart lady.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    bowdown.gif truer words never spoken Zac! Listen to Ginger. She's a smart lady.

On top of that, if your dad is dumb enough to give you the money for a car, save it. Keep the car you have. Save like crazy when you're young, and you can retire and live a great life later. Last thing you want to do is end up like your old man, having to work the rest of your life...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    i would pick a 5D over a used car anyday deal.gif

i can use a bike. but i want more cameralol3.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    i took admission in cheap college to buy a camera :): and i am happy
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    On top of that, if your dad is dumb enough to give you the money for a car, save it. Keep the car you have. Save like crazy when you're young, and you can retire and live a great life later. Last thing you want to do is end up like your old man, having to work the rest of your life...

Hey- I'm only 43! lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:

with boyishly light hair?
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Like I said. Old.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    FatNakedGuyFatNakedGuy Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    that is some funny stuff guys! thanks for the laughs:):
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Am I allowed to ban my own son for :spam ing me?

:banned
  • Options
    rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    I don't think so, Andy, it's in their contract. At least, that's what my 4 boys always told me.

Ron
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    rjpat wrote:
    I don't think so, Andy, it's in their contract. At least, that's what my 4 boys always told me.

Ron

gerg.gifgerg.gifgerg.gifgerg.gifgerg.gifgerg.gifgerg.gifgerg.gif
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    I know this stuff bc I spend way too much time on w w w . b i m m e r f o r u m s . c o m and not studying :( it may also be because i've owned 3 e30's all with the 2.7l eta engine

Am I the only one that noticed this? You are a Freshman in College and have already had three cars and now want a fourth? How many of those have you paid for yourself? You said you have a job at a dealer right, save up and take pride that you paid for your own car.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Am I the only one that noticed this? You are a Freshman in College and have already had three cars and now want a fourth? How many of those have you paid for yourself? You said you have a job at a dealer right, save up and take pride that you paid for your own car.

Go get 'em Nick deal.gif
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Go get 'em Nick deal.gif

Andy, I'll say this: your son has no idea how good he's got it. I figure you should give him an idea of how lucky he is by letting him enjoy what he has for quite some time.

And kid, you've got a lot to learn, expecting that you could twist your old man's arm (yes, I said old) by coming on this forum and stirring up trouble. We're just a bunch of old crotchety photophiles, with nothing better to do than dash the hopes of the young and optimistic.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    gluwater wrote:

I've had 5 cars and i bought and paid for 4 1/2 of them myself. How many cameras have you had in the past 3 years dad? It's hard to make a point when your father is the moderator and can delete/add whatever he wants.

A few of you make very good points but most of you, no offense, don't know the whole story and are all saying the same balogna.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:
    I've had 5 cars and i bought and paid for 4 1/2 of them myself. How many cameras have you had in the past 3 years dad? It's hard to make a point when your father is the moderator and can delete/add whatever he wants.

A few of you make very good points but most of you, no offense, don't know the whole story and are all saying the same balogna.

5 cars huh? That's like what....1 a year. What exactly are you doing to these poor cars that they only last one year? Yes Andy has had a lot of cameras in the last 3 years but how much was he able to sell them for when he did get rid of them compared to what you got for your cars when you got rid of them?

Oh, and by the way it's spelled b-o-l-o-g-n-a, I think it's time you hit the books a little harder.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2006
    nandysso wrote:

tut-tut-tut respect, boy, respect. And, remember, you're on the wild, cutting edge of the internet here, so haveth-thou thick skin!

BTW I promise I've not deleted or added anything :D

As to number of cars - I'll say it before anyone else does: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree lol3.gif

Cameras I've had? I don't know that we can count them all rolleyes1.gif