Options

Where In The World Is Smuggy?

Comments

• Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Tonight was a bit troublesome - my youngest ended up in ER. 3 hours of fun. It all ended up well, but I also get a chance to cheer her up by using the smuggy sticker I had from the shootout. It put a smile on her - still pale - face, and I used my RAZR to grab a snapshot... She is a real trooper! clap.gif

Hi Nik,

Sorry to hear that you all had a rough night, but glad that all is well. :D At least the Smuggy made a brief distraction!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    Hi Nik,

Sorry to hear that you all had a rough night, but glad that all is well. :D At least the Smuggy made a brief distraction!

Emily

Thanks, Emily! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    Sorry to hear about your daughter Nik..I hope all is well and she is recooping SPEEDY quicky, and nothing life endangering.

Geeesss I haven't gotten my stickas yet..and I have a photo in mind already....Boohoohoooobooohoooo

Take care all
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Sorry to hear about your daughter Nik..I hope all is well and she is recooping SPEEDY quicky, and nothing life endangering.

Geeesss I haven't gotten my stickas yet..and I have a photo in mind already....Boohoohoooobooohoooo

Take care all
    Thanks!
    Yeah she's OK now. I took her out of the school for today just to make sure she recovers completely.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited October 15, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I got my envelope of stickers the other day.

1 each of 3 different sizes.

How many times can I submit for free stickers?
    Can we purchase some if we want a small stack?
    We're puttiing 2 3.5-inch rounds and 2 2-inch rounds plus one rectangular in each envelope now.

Just send another email and tell us how many you need and we'll fire 'em off.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Never leave your car unlocked on a D/grin trip.

208646095-M.jpg
  • Options
    justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    Smuggy Photo Still not Showing Up
    My photo of Smuggy attached to a Stealth USAF Fighter display plane has still not shown up on the entries page. I've submitted it twice. Any ideas?headscratch.gif
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    You said it was stealth...
    Well since it is on a stealth fighter, we can't see it mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    justus wrote:
    My photo of Smuggy attached to a Stealth USAF Fighter display plane has still not shown up on the entries page. I've submitted it twice. Any ideas?headscratch.gif
    Yes, we received the photo. Smuggy looked photoshopped - can you verify :)
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2007
    Smuggy Wasn't Photoshopped
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, we received the photo. Smuggy looked photoshopped - can you verify :)

No, he wasn't photoshopped at all. There was a little color distortion on the tail of the aircraft when they removed the insignia, but I taped Smuggy up there myself from cut out scrapbooking paper and shot the photo.

I feel so cheap.......I thought it was a great idea to use a Stealth....
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    justus wrote:
    No, he wasn't photoshopped at all. There was a little color distortion on the tail of the aircraft when they removed the insignia, but I taped Smuggy up there myself from cut out scrapbooking paper and shot the photo.

I feel so cheap.......I thought it was a great idea to use a Stealth....
    In!
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2007
    Smuggy on Stealth
    Andy wrote:
    In!

SWEET! I love this contest!rolleyes1.gif
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    davidaevansdavidaevans Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    status of entries?
    I submitted 3 photos but only one shows up in the entries--what happened to smuggy spinners and smuggy in the tree?
    Thanksheadscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2007
    I got my Stickas...Whoohooooo
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    I got my camera strap - it's really nice! Thanks smuggy!!
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2007
    hamster wrote:
    I got my camera strap - it's really nice! Thanks smuggy!!
    Still waiting for mine :cry
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2007
    I got my strap and my stickers. Now to go use them

Thanks!
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2007
    Whoooohooooooooo I got my Camera Strap..It rocks Peeps!!

I'm taking Smuggy with me to the Bahamas on Friday....maybe we can have a few drinks together...Smuggy has been working way too hard lately....he needs to relax...:D.

I like the idea that he travels light too...I won't have to pay for extra luggage...mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2007
    Was just wondering how long it takes before an entry is up for display? and, before asked, NOPE wasn't photoshopped in...:D
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2007
    I was just wondering why my Smuggy shot has not been uploaded, I notice there are new photos posted but mine is not included...Is there a problem??
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    Viewed this photo on spaceweather.com and thought "hey, isn't that smuggy?"

Not my photo so I'll just post the link. Smuggy in space.

http://www.spaceweather.com/comets/holmes/30oct07/alan-friedman1_strip.jpg
    Michael
  • Options
    Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    I was just wondering why my Smuggy shot has not been uploaded, I notice there are new photos posted but mine is not included...Is there a problem??

Hey there, we didn't forget you. :D

I went back and checked and yes this entry got flagged as a photoshopped image.

214694521-S.jpg

Can you explain the entry and how it was made? I 100% believe you were in the bahamas :)

Markham
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2007
    Ham1 wrote:
    Hey there, we didn't forget you. :D

I went back and checked and yes this entry got flagged as a photoshopped image.

214694521-S.jpg

Can you explain the entry and how it was made? I 100% believe you were in the bahamas :)

Markham

Well, I guess, perhaps I should be flattered? Photoshopped, NO Way. I was in the Bahamas this past weekend. I wanted to place smuggy on the beach and take a picture, but he kept blowing away, I guess with the upcoming events of the hurricane, that would explain the windy effects. So I did the next best thing.

I took the Hotel's Welcome Book that is in located in each room, went to my balcony, stood the book up on the table against the see thru glass, then I proceeded to take the Smuggy decal and a Pringles Lid cover and I placed the bottom half of Smuggy in the lid, so that he would stand up and not look so flat to give him more of a dimensional look. I took several takes on this. I then cropped and placed in the contest.

I am including (below) one of the other photos I took of Smuggy, and hope this proves that the photo was not Photo Shopped and illustrates how I placed Smuggy in the Pringles Lid.

286403220.jpg

Please let me know, and have a good one.
    Thanks Donna

To view more of my Bahama Photos: http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gallery.asp?memberID=146426

On another note,
    I would be VERY interested to see how the "Fireman" Smuggy was processed??
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    How long does it take before an entry is posted?

Winston
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Well, I guess, perhaps I should be flattered? Photoshopped, NO Way. I was in the Bahamas this past weekend. I wanted to place smuggy on the beach and take a picture, but he kept blowing away, I guess with the upcoming events of the hurricane, that would explain the windy effects. So I did the next best thing.

I took the Hotel's Welcome Book that is in located in each room, went to my balcony, stood the book up on the table against the see thru glass, then I proceeded to take the Smuggy decal and a Pringles Lid cover and I placed the bottom half of Smuggy in the lid, so that he would stand up and not look so flat to give him more of a dimensional look. I took several takes on this. I then cropped and placed in the contest.

I am including (below) one of the other photos I took of Smuggy, and hope this proves that the photo was not Photo Shopped and illustrates how I placed Smuggy in the Pringles Lid.

286403220.jpg

Please let me know, and have a good one.
    Thanks Donna

To view more of my Bahama Photos: http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gallery.asp?memberID=146426

On another note,

Haha that is good, thanks for the explanation! It will now get approved.thumb.gif

I think you should still find a nice palm tree near or on the beach and put the sticker on it for the photo, but you home now :cry

Markham
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    On another note,

Yeah, that is a questionable image. I would like to hear how that was created also???

Markham
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2007
    Ham1 wrote:
    Haha that is good, thanks for the explanation! It will now get approved.thumb.gif

I think you should still find a nice palm tree near or on the beach and put the sticker on it for the photo, but you home now :cry

Markham

Your wish is my command...One Smuggy on Vacation in Florida coming up...Laughing.gif:D

Thanks for the approval Ham1, Much Appreciated!! rolleyes1.gif

Donna
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Smuggy in Space.
    Photo taken by Alan Friedman on Oct 31 of comet 17P/HOLMES.
    Looks a whole like Smuggy to me. :D Michael
    alan-friedman1_strip.jpg
    Michael
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2007
    How long does it take before an entry is posted?

Winston

It usually take a couple days. We have been getting lots of entries with no SmugMug at all in the photo to weed through.

Markham
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2007
    Thanks for the reply Ham1...I know my pic was approved, but it still has not been posted, but yet I still see new entries posted and not mine??