Options

Planetbuzz - advertising oppty for pros

Comments

• Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Thanks. If this site catches on I'm sure it'll be a hit. It offers a lot more than more directory sites.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Hmmmmm - it approx 0530 01JUL2008 (EDT) and it's not yet open for business. Just curious, "Whas Up?"
  • Options
    MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Look up!
    Scott: please see post number 96 in this thread... just a few "thread boxes" above your post :-) I think that will tell most of the story for you.

As an overview, we decided to add MORE features and redesigned the website "look" based on feedback from many advertisers.

In the long run, everyone will actually be glad we delayed going live a few days to add these new features, which ads MORE value to YOUR display also :-)

ALL of the new features are available even to the grandfathered in complimentary display ads (such as yours).

Thanks for asking.

Markjay

Hmmmmm - it approx 0530 01JUL2008 (EDT) and it's not yet open for business. Just curious, "Whas Up?"
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Remember.......
    There are still two weeks left to get your Full featured complimentary display ad! After that, you will still be able to acquire a complimentary display ad but, it will not include the "power features".

See first thread post for details on how to get your complimentary display ad for your photography / business.

Have a great day today!
    Markjay
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Any timeframe on the new launch date?
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Good try :-)
    I don't want to pin myself down to an exact day but, we're talking about days, certainly not weeks. 98% of everything is completed, it's the 2% that is the tedious part. Double checking security, database testing and the like.

Thank you for requesting the update.
    kygarden wrote:
    Any time frame on the new launch date?
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Sorry to do this but......
    now that I've seen an update on where we are in the site redesign and all....

The site looks really nice :-)

Markjay
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    I hate to do this to you guys but I've gotta tell you......
    now that I've seen an update on where we are in the site redesign and all....

THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got a sneak preview to where we are as we get closer to the "finish line" and, I can honestly tell you that this is one truly incredible website!

At the office, the excitement is building and building :D:D:D:Dmwink.gifwinkmwink.gifwink

Markjay
    I've gotta tell you .....

You're over-playing your hand a bit here and starting to sound a bit like a shill.

Excitement and building/managing customer expectations is one thing. The above, I think, is just a bit over the top...
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2008
    Better?
    Is that better, Scott? Sorry, did not mean to offend. Enthusiasm can be a terrible thing when taken out of context. I happen to also have a bad habit of expressing my enthusiasm in ways not everyone understands. Sorry.

I also have made it very obvious now in my first post that I am connected with the website so, I'm not trying to fool anyone here into thinking I'm just some stranger who happened upon this. When I first found out about it, I was not employed by the company....

I was just trying to give everyone here a heads up on this because I felt that with all the help this forum and members have given ME, that it was only fair to "give back".
    I enthusiastically joined on because of what I saw was being accomplished. In addition...
    MANY members of the forum and Smug have acquired one of the complimentary display ads and, seem to be quite enthusiastic about it themselves which I can very much appreciate.

Thank you for noticing.

Markjay
    I've gotta tell you .....

You're over-playing your hand a bit here and starting to sound a bit like a shill.

Excitement and building/managing customer expectations is one thing. The above, I think, is just a bit over the top...
    Markjay
  • Options
    journeysrememberedjourneysremembered Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    too late?
    So can I still place an ad for free or did I miss the deadline?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    So can I still place an ad for free or did I miss the deadline?

Man don't ask.....just do it!!!!!!!!!! They extended it out about 2 more weeks............................................thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 3, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Is that better, Scott? Sorry, did not mean to offend. Enthusiasm can be a terrible thing when taken out of context. I happen to also have a bad habit of expressing my enthusiasm in ways not everyone understands. Sorry.

I also have made it very obvious now in my first post that I am connected with the website so, I'm not trying to fool anyone here into thinking I'm just some stranger who happened upon this. When I first found out about it, I was not employed by the company....

I was just trying to give everyone here a heads up on this because I felt that with all the help this forum and members have given ME, that it was only fair to "give back".
    I enthusiastically joined on because of what I saw was being accomplished. In addition...
    MANY members of the forum and Smug have acquired one of the complimentary display ads and, seem to be quite enthusiastic about it themselves which I can very much appreciate.

Thank you for noticing.

Markjay
    Ahh, man - now you've taken all the flavor and excitement out of your post - that's right - there's just no pleasing me:D

Anyway, fair enough - I know you are on staff - as you say you have made that plain.

I understand no offense was intended and none was perceived. It's all cool.

I just wanted to help out a bit as, maybe, not everyone who reads this thread will understand where you are coming from.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2008
    Is there any way to change the name of the starred, video and map power keys.....?? Just do not want a slew of email as to why these do not take you where they should ............Thanks
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 4, 2008
    Good questions
    Great question, Art!

The starred does not have a name and it's purpose is kind of universal in that you place a notice in your description. For example: Olive Garden restaurant put red text notice in description that states something to the effect of: "click the yellow stars to see our daily specials".

Quick answer: no. I believe there will be a check box to turn off or on, the map feature but, the stars will remain stars and the video will remain video. I think what they are trying to do is: for the sake of consistency and to get the viewers used to looking for a advertisers' video and map locations, they made those "fixed action keys". If they allowed those keys to be customized, there would be no ONE place to look for video and map info in every ad.

I did bring up this exact question to the programmers though :-)
    We'll see what happens. Thank you for asking!

Markjay
    Art Scott wrote:
    Is there any way to change the name of the starred, video and map power keys.....?? Just do not want a slew of email as to why these do not take you where they should ............Thanks
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    Great question, Art!

The starred does not have a name and it's purpose is kind of universal in that you place a notice in your description. For example: Olive Garden restaurant put red text notice in description that states something to the effect of: "click the yellow stars to see our daily specials".

Quick answer: no. I believe there will be a check box to turn off or on, the map feature but, the stars will remain stars and the video will remain video. I think what they are trying to do is: for the sake of consistency and to get the viewers used to looking for a advertisers' video and map locations, they made those "fixed action keys". If they allowed those keys to be customized, there would be no ONE place to look for video and map info in every ad.

I did bring up this exact question to the programmers though :-)
    We'll see what happens. Thank you for asking!

Markjay

Well customizable , but at he same time, for those that have videos that would be the only place to place the video link......but for those without video.....if we could place other links there, (and we can, ) we need to customize the title....as for right now I would like to use the video for one of my blog links.......

Any way it is just a thought..........:D...........

Thanks

• Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    Here are some answers, Scott
    I received this reply to your questions. I hope this helps in answering.

We are trying to standardize these keys, we do offer two other keys that can be titled. Our fresh info feature is directly linked to and in association with the*** and for this reason it will not have a title option feature. I understand that some may not have a video and in this example they may not have any uses for the designed area but once again we are trying to make sure that everyone knows where the specials are and that video space is available. As for a blog they could use the *** key and address the blog feature in their 600 character description space and make reference to the *** link for the blog. I am toying with the idea of the map link and making it flexible like the other two keys since we will be having several internet businesses that will not need a map link. I’ll let you know if that changes

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Art Scott wrote:
    Well customizable , but at he same time, for those that have videos that would be the only place to place the video link......but for those without video.....if we could place other links there, (and we can, ) we need to customize the title....as for right now I would like to use the video for one of my blog links.......

Any way it is just a thought..........:D...........

Thanks
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    I received this reply to your questions. I hope this helps in answering.

We are trying to standardize these keys, we do offer two other keys that can be titled. Our fresh info feature is directly linked to and in association with the*** and for this reason it will not have a title option feature. I understand that some may not have a video and in this example they may not have any uses for the designed area but once again we are trying to make sure that everyone knows where the specials are and that video space is available. As for a blog they could use the *** key and address the blog feature in their 600 character description space and make reference to the *** link for the blog. I am toying with the idea of the map link and making it flexible like the other two keys since we will be having several internet businesses that will not need a map link. I’ll let you know if that changes

Thanks again....and again...and again...........thumb.gif

• Options
    edited July 8, 2008
    Update 7-8-08
    I can tell you we are now extremely close to finishing up and going live.
    This is one of the most massive undertakings I've seen for a new website....
    the details are mind blowing! Of course I can't tell you details of what was involved in adding the new features and design redo but, this team has been putting in 90 plus hour weeks to get this done.

Thank you for your patience and I'm confident you'll be surprised by what was accomplished and understand it was worth the extra time to complete.

There's no sense in going live when you're 99% ready. I'm confident Smug has the same "do it right" attitude when it comes to the pending Stock image offering.

Have a great night,
    Markjay
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    Going LIVE!
    We are now within in the testing stages prior to going live. IF testing doesn't bring up any hiccups

Check in Friday morning

At the risk of sounding like a shill....
    it's breathtakingly cool!

Have a great day today,
    Markjay[/quote]
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    So I assume then we'll have new goodies to play with when this is done or we can simply tweak the look and feel a little but it's essentialy the same functions we have now? Or you just can't (not allowed to) say yet? :)
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    What's new?
    I can't go into much detail but..
    I can tell you that you'll have the ability to make use of a template page to post up some samples of your work, along with pricing or description if you'd like. It is by no means fancy but, it's free :-) You might be better off, creating your own PDF or JPG image with samples of your work and posting that in your ad as one of the navigation bar links, as an added tool to entice the prospective customer to call you and inquire more, etc. (this is just in addition to the link to your website). You could even post up a coupon or "special" if you'd like to drive a more compelling reason for the viewer to call you. I'd even put a "coupon code" on the coupon so you KNOW where it came from if someone calls you and says I saw your special / coupon for a (?) free 5 x 7 with any portrait session. (just an example)

The whole idea and the power of this site is: the prospective viewer can find FRESH information in a dynamic way... without ever having to even leave your display ad! It's essentially functioning as a "mini website". We view the entire site experience in the same way.

Oh, and A lot of the change has to do with the functionality of the website.
    kygarden wrote:
    So I assume then we'll have new goodies to play with when this is done or we can simply tweak the look and feel a little but it's essentially the same functions we have now? Or you just can't (not allowed to) say yet? :)
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    Oh...so you can upload a PDF too? Customers would get to that via one of the custom keys you can assign? Maybe I missed that before if it was already discussed or already available. I'd probably create a JPG for something like that though instead of a PDF to make it easier and faster to load for everyone.

EDIT: Never mind - I found where you can do this.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2008
    As you now know, Kygarden...
    Not only can you upload a PDF, JPG, VIDEO / message to your viewers, company logo, coupon, special/s....

when you DO, your ad will now say (once live) *** on the right side of your ad, which will mean advertiser has updated in the last 24 hours.

here's the cool thing: say a user wants to find all specials or ads recently updated.... they can :-)

Markjay
    kygarden wrote:
    Oh...so you can upload a PDF too? Customers would get to that via one of the custom keys you can assign? Maybe I missed that before if it was already discussed or already available. I'd probably create a JPG for something like that though instead of a PDF to make it easier and faster to load for everyone.

EDIT: Never mind - I found where you can do this.
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
    It's Friday morning. Any updates? :) So far still the usual searches coming soon statement on the site.

Markjay wrote:
    We are now within in the testing stages prior to going live. IF testing doesn't bring up any hiccups

Check in Friday morning

At the risk of sounding like a shill....
    it's breathtakingly cool!

Have a great day today,
    Markjay
    [/quote]
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
    Updated
    Thanks for asking. In our test run last night we noticed a "bug" which is being worked on, along with a few cosmetic "things". It will be up soon...... but I can't give you a time. Sorry. Nobody's happy about it but, it's being worked on intensely :-)

Tell you what: I'll announce when it's gone live. K

kygarden wrote:
    It's Friday morning. Any updates? :) So far still the usual searches coming soon statement on the site.

[/quote]
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2008
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2008
    Well, I see the new look is up and running. Cool. I see Beta on the side though. Guess they're still tweaking it :) Looks good though.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2008
    Any chance there will be an ability to search without entering a location? Reason I ask is because my site is not necessarily located anywhere but online, so it would be great to have it so people are not forced to enter a specific city or county, etc. Know what I mean? I think this really would only be helpful for online businesses. Otherwise if you intend to find something with a street address, you'd be flooded with results if you searched for a product with no location specified.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2008
    Thank you
    Outstanding question!! I sent this to the one person who can answer this better than I can and, will post the reply tomorrow as soon as it becomes available to me.

Thank you for asking,
    Markjay

kygarden wrote:
    Any chance there will be an ability to search without entering a location? Reason I ask is because my site is not necessarily located anywhere but online, so it would be great to have it so people are not forced to enter a specific city or county, etc. Know what I mean? I think this really would only be helpful for online businesses. Otherwise if you intend to find something with a street address, you'd be flooded with results if you searched for a product with no location specified.
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2008
    Thanks. I think being able to search for a product/service with no particular "location" would be perfect for online only people like me.

Actually, if you could provide a search option that has "online only" as an option in a drop-down box or something, that would be cool. Just so people know that this would be a search for online companies only and it was obvious to them where to find that search option. That would be great.