Options

whoa -- new layout on control buttons

Comments

• Options
    flyingpointflyingpoint Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Help with the missing tools please!
    Just tried to add both the original and page 7 CSS suggestions to get my tools to appear. No luck.

Could someone take a look?

Thanks.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Just tried to add both the original and page 7 CSS suggestions to get my tools to appear. No luck.

Could someone take a look?

Thanks.

By the way. Your domain doesn't seem to be working. I could get to your site via http://flyingpointroad.smugmug.com, but not via http://www.flyingpointroad.com.

You aren't seeing the new buttons because you have hidden them with this line of custom CSS:

#breadcrumb {visibility: hidden;}

You have two options here. Your CSS comment indicates you only put that in to tighten up your slideshow spacing. If that's the case, then change that line to:

.homepage #breadcrumb {display:none;}

and it will only take effect on your homepage, allowing the breadcrumb and new buttons to show.

If you don't want the breadcrumb on your galleries, then change the above line to this:

#breadCrumbTrail {visibility:hidden;}

and you should be able to see the new buttons.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    Crazy night.

The domain keeps going off & on. Didn't work for a while. Now it's fine.

And I tried your suggestion. It shows the breadcrumb on the page --- but not the tool bar.

What's plan b?

jfriend wrote:
    By the way. Your domain doesn't seem to be working. I could get to your site via http://flyingpointroad.smugmug.com, but not via http://www.flyingpointroad.com.

You aren't seeing the new buttons because you have hidden them with this line of custom CSS:

#breadcrumb {visibility: hidden;}

You have two options here. Your CSS comment indicates you only put that in to tighten up your slideshow spacing. If that's the case, then change that line to:

.homepage #breadcrumb {display:none;}

and it will only take effect on your homepage, allowing the breadcrumb and new buttons to show.

If you don't want the breadcrumb on your galleries, then change the above line to this:

#breadCrumbTrail {visibility:hidden;}

and you should be able to see the new buttons.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Crazy night.

The domain keeps going off & on. Didn't work for a while. Now it's fine.

And I tried your suggestion. It shows the breadcrumb on the page --- but not the tool bar.

What's plan b?
    Hi, you're all set, I added this

.loggedIn #altViews {visibility: visible;}
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    Thanks!
    Thank you, Andy. Greatly appreciated.

Andy wrote:
    Hi, you're all set, I added this

.loggedIn #altViews {visibility: visible;}
  • Options
    wyzaswenchwyzaswench Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Help Please
    dogwood wrote:
    MOD EDIT (Andy): All the new stuff announcd in Release Notes.

ATTN CUSTOMIZERS: Don't see the new tools button? If you use

#breadcrumb {display: none;} you should also add

.loggedIn #breadcrumb {display: block;} so that you can see the tools buttons. Just holler if you need help, it's a 10seconds CSS addition and we don't mind doing it for you :D

Ok, I'ma hollerin' - I added what you said to my css but I still cannot get the tools to show up. When I am in my Client proofing area and trying to customize an album and add a feature photo, now I can't see any dropdown menus at all. Please help. ne_nau.gifscratchwww.wildsideportraits.smugmug.com

Thanks,
    Val
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    wyzaswench wrote:
    Ok, I'ma hollerin' - I added what you said to my css but I still cannot get the tools to show up. When I am in my Client proofing area and trying to customize an album and add a feature photo, now I can't see any dropdown menus at all. Please help. ne_nau.gifscratchwww.wildsideportraits.smugmug.com

Thanks,
    Val
    Hi, you have gobs of errors in your CSS. I will fix them all for you standby.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Thanks Andy! :D All looks great except for my home page. Now there is some blue box around my text that appears vertically down the page under the slideshow.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    wyzaswench wrote:
    Thanks Andy! :D All looks great except for my home page. Now there is some blue box around my text that appears vertically down the page under the slideshow.
    The border in this is causing it.

#myBioText {
    float: left;
    margin-top: 0px;
    width: 300px;
    text-align: justify;
    font-size: 140%;
    border: 10px solid #B4E5FC;
    }

btw, the link in your siggy doesn't work.

Might like this better.

#myBioText {
    margin: 0px auto;
    width: 700px;
    font-size: 120%;
    }

Don't need this.

#myBioText p {
    padding: 10px;
    }
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    :D aw shucks

So, for all reading this, if you use

#breadcrumb {display: none;} you should also add

.loggedIn #breadcrumb {display: block;} so that you can see the tools buttons. Just holler if you need help, it's a 10seconds CSS addition and we don't mind doing it for you :D

I added the code above (since I do hide the breadcrumb) and I still don't see it. Any ideas?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    The border in this is causing it.

#myBioText {
    float: left;
    margin-top: 0px;
    width: 300px;
    font-size: 140%;
    border: 10px solid #B4E5FC;
    }

btw, the link in your siggy doesn't work.

Might like this better.

#myBioText {
    margin: 0px auto;
    width: 700px;
    font-size: 120%;
    }

Don't need this.

#myBioText p {
    padding: 10px;
    }

Thanks Allen, got it now~!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    I added the code above (since I do hide the breadcrumb) and I still don't see it. Any ideas?ne_nau.gif
    Sure I'll fix - give me a direct link to a gallery where you have no tools.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Sure I'll fix - give me a direct link to a gallery where you have no tools.

http://www.lifesharephoto.com/gallery/6291680_KuoA4#396713724_3mrh5

Please let me know what you do as I have a buddy who is having the same troubles as me. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    http://www.lifesharephoto.com/gallery/6291680_KuoA4#396713724_3mrh5

Please let me know what you do as I have a buddy who is having the same troubles as me. Thanks!
    You have customizing AND a custom theme.

add the bold to your custom theme

/*Hides breadcrumb Navigation. */
    .galleryPage #breadcrumb {display:none;}
    #breadcrumb {display:none}
    .loggedIn #breadcrumb {display: block;}
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    You have customizing AND a custom theme.

add the bold to your custom theme

/*Hides breadcrumb Navigation. */
    .galleryPage #breadcrumb {display:none;}
    #breadcrumb {display:none}
    .loggedIn #breadcrumb {display: block;}

That did it! I forgot about the theme. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    wyzaswench wrote:
    OK, did you fix it, or am I missing it? :D
    Logged in & out I'm not seeing any blue box. Take a screen grab if you are still seeing it......
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Did you enhance colors or something different along that line? Last night late, I opened my front page and everything looked lighter and brighter. No, not the pc, I edit a ton of photos and they are exactly as I want them. But now brighter in smugmug. Whats up w dat?headscratch.gif thnx
  • Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    You can try changing "breadcrumb" to "breadCrumbTrail" and see if that fixes the issue. That change will work for modifying gallery breadcrumbs, but not category breadcrumbs.

Thanks. That has worked as you said and it'll do for now. I had not changed to breadCrumbTrail since it wasn't broke so I didn't fix it.

A question: How do you change the background color of the drop-down menu?

As to say if it's good or not... It looks better but it does add more mouse movements. What I'd like to see is a "toolbar" at the very top of the page (above header, like the PBase or Blogger search bars) and put the buttons in there. You could line up more buttons without interfering with page layout.

Thank you.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Can icons be removed?
    Is there a way to remove the icons from the buttons? I do not consider them an improvement. The "add comment" icon is especially bad.
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    Is there a way to remove the icons from the buttons? I do not consider them an improvement. The "add comment" icon is especially bad.
    Hi, these are not new, have been on the site for over a month. The answer is yes, you can make your own buttons, here's the PSD and info :)http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/New+Buttons+September+2008

Announced Sept 28th:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2008/09/27/new-buttons-and-more-september-26-2008/

Post any questions in a new thread in Customizing forum :)
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    Netgarden wrote:
    Did you enhance colors or something different along that line? Last night late, I opened my front page and everything looked lighter and brighter. No, not the pc, I edit a ton of photos and they are exactly as I want them. But now brighter in smugmug. Whats up w dat?headscratch.gif thnx
    Hi Linda, no, we didn't change any of that. ne_nau.gif - send screen grabs if you can?
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    Erick L wrote:
    A question: How do you change the background color of the drop-down menu?.

When you're ready to customize that, make a post in the customizing forum, Erick, and we'll help :D Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    richW wrote:
    OK, did you fix it, or am I missing it? :D
    Logged in & out I'm not seeing any blue box. Take a screen grab if you are still seeing it......

Yes Rich, I fixed it. Allen told me what was wrong and sent me the correction. thx.
  • Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Another comment: it is very confusing having "Adjust thumbnails" and "Crop thumbnail" on different sub-menus!
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    It would be nice to be able to move galleries, and to apply quick settings directly from the tools, in addition to be able to do it via "customise gallery".
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    It would be nice to be able to move galleries, and to apply quick settings directly from the tools, in addition to be able to do it via "customise gallery".

We are working on it. Probably start with some of the easier ones that don't quite change the immediate appearance of the gallery.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    Another comment: it is very confusing having "Adjust thumbnails" and "Crop thumbnail" on different sub-menus!
    Well, "Adjust thumbnails" is for all the photos - and "Crop thumbnail" is for only one photo.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Well, "Adjust thumbnails" is for all the photos - and "Crop thumbnail" is for only one photo.

I know that. But, having found "Adjust thumbnails", it took me a long time to locate "Crop thumbnail".
  • Options
    roletterolette Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    Move "Crop Thumbnail" up one level?
    Posted this in another thread about the updated menus, but pretty sure it got lost in all the help being given to get folks web pages straightened out... Reposting to try to get this tweaked.

I think I like the new Tools menu (I'll get a better feel tonight after I upload my next batch of pictures), but is there any chance you could move the "Crop Thumbnail" up one level in the menu structure? When using square thumbs, I generally have to adjust the thumbnail on ~40% of my pics so having it buried under "More" slows things down a bit.

Actually, while you are in the neighborhood, it would be nice if the Crop Thumbnail page defaulted to 1:1 on the ratio for galleries that use square thumbs nod.gif

Jay