Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    eweb84 wrote: »
    The back of my cards. The front of the cards are photos I have taken.

Curious, what font are you using for your name, the one to the left of your logo? It looks the same font that I'm using for my logo.
  • Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    Let me know what you all think!

Front.
    1196012565_87NyM-X3.jpg

Back.
    1196012559_uf3jg-L.jpg

What do you all think? Im thinking about giving these a go but wanted a second opinion!
    Looks good, but you have rounded corners in the back view and not in the front view. Although I know you don't necessarily mean for the designs to be the same, the lack of consistency would be noticeable to those that care.

Beyond that, cool concept!
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Looks good, but you have rounded corners in the back view and not in the front view. Although I know you don't necessarily mean for the designs to be the same, the lack of consistency would be noticeable to those that care.

Beyond that, cool concept!

Thanks man! The images back there were in the draft stage.
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    Thanks man! The images back there were in the draft stage.

Not a problem. I figured it be a good heads up before it reached final stage.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    HotrodguruHotrodguru Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 8, 2011
    Front
    5510044386_e65c3d04a4_z.jpg

Back
    5509444911_9c42de1a13_z.jpg
  • Options
    mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    Would love some feedback on my business card. I have yet to send it to be printed. There is about an 1/2 border that will be cut..so keep that in mind.

FRONT
    1211723297_JtL8c-M.jpg

BACK
    1211723294_WaotM-M.jpg
  • Options
    hogheadhoghead Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    business card
    Here's the card I'm using now. I specialize in bike and automotive photography.
    Pentax K10D, K20D body, PENTAX-DA* 16-50mm f/2.8, PENTAX-DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Pentax DA* 300mm f/4, Pentax DA 10-17mm, Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG MACRO HSM, Pentax DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3, Pentax Super Takumar 200mm f/4,
    Pentax FA 50mm F1.4, Tamron SP AF28-75mm F2.8XRDi, Pentax AF-540FGZ flash
    Hog Wild Photography
  • Options
    SeaSurfnBirdSeaSurfnBird Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    Blurb: SeaSurfnBird Photography Book
    http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2030476
    Jeff Parry Photography
    Nature, Lighthouses, Seascapes, Landscapes & Kite Aerial Fisheye Lens Photography
    My Photos: www.jeffparryphotography.com
    My Blog: http://jeffparryphotography.blogspot.com/
    My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.jeffparryphotography
  • Options
    SoppySoppy Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    I was thinking about using Moo to put a mix of my best images on the back part. What do you think? The white is the bleed, I'll fix it to the dark grey if these go to print...

I was going for elegance, but then I did the back and now it seems somewhat "gimicky" to me. I just wasn't sure what else to put there. Ideas are welcome.
    AWS Photographs
    Photography by Alex Sopchak
    Automotive | Portrait | Event
    Hosted by Squarespace 6
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2011
    Wouldn't let me put 2 up... Here's the back.
    AWS Photographs
    Hosted by Squarespace 6
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2011
    Soppy wrote: »
    I was thinking about using Moo to put a mix of my best images on the back part. What do you think? The white is the bleed, I'll fix it to the dark grey if these go to print...

I was going for elegance, but then I did the back and now it seems somewhat "gimicky" to me. I just wasn't sure what else to put there. Ideas are welcome.

Lose the back. It's tacky...really tacky. rolleyes1.gif

I like the front, and I can see what you're trying to accomplish. The text "Photography & Co." cuts your name and half. I know you made the 'P' inside the 'S' but I don't think it looks good.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2011
    I'm not sure about changing my logo. I may, but it is already on my site in a few places. Here is a modified version I came up with tonight...
    AWS Photographs
    Hosted by Squarespace 6
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2011
    And the back...
    AWS Photographs
    Hosted by Squarespace 6
  • Options
    Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2011
    Soppy wrote: »
    I'm not sure about changing my logo. I may, but it is already on my site in a few places. Here is a modified version I came up with tonight...

Easily replaced.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2011
    Any suggestions on a new logo design? I need them tomorrow by 12, as I must get these cards and flyers to print before an event I have next weekend. The trouble I had was making the letters large enough and still fitting it on a reasonably sized banner. Mine is 100px tall...
    AWS Photographs
    Hosted by Squarespace 6
  • Options
    gmjphotosgmjphotos Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2011
    Black or White?
    I think the logo design works. the general layout is clean cut, somewhat minimalistic and maybe even a tad elegant. the front side is what's got me going right now. What's better? Black or White? headscratch.gif

businesscard3sidebyside.jpg
    businesscard3sidebyside.jpg

the back of the card is going to have a 4 image strip on it... it's WIP.

All input and critique is appreciated!

Thanks,

M.

Mike - GMJPhotos
    www.gmjphotos.com
    Canon 7D - 70-200 f/2.8 IS | 85 f/1.8 | 28-135 f/3.5 and still the dire need for better glass
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2011
    gmjphotos wrote: »
    What's better? Black or White? headscratch.gif

M.

....i killed the thread. headscratch.gif

Mike - GMJPhotos
    www.gmjphotos.com
    Canon 7D - 70-200 f/2.8 IS | 85 f/1.8 | 28-135 f/3.5 and still the dire need for better glass
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2011
    gmjphotos wrote: »
    ....i killed the thread. headscratch.gif

White. I can't read your contact info on the bottom in your black version. I think you need more contrast (darker gray) on your upper contact info on the white version. I also think the yellow is too hard to read. Maybe brighten it up a bit?

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2011
    White. I can't read your contact info on the bottom in your black version. I think you need more contrast (darker gray) on your upper contact info on the white version. I also think the yellow is too hard to read. Maybe brighten it up a bit?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback, Mike! Suggestions are well noted, you're absolutely right. To me me it's obviously a non issue since I kinda know what it says. :D

I'll fix it and to 99% will go with white, unless.....someone else has any input? rolleyes1.gif

Thanks!

M.

Mike - GMJPhotos
    www.gmjphotos.com
  • Options
    TrackerTracker Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2011
    white + everything Mike said.
    white allows the card recipient to make notes on it, giving it a longer life. I've got cards I jotted something down on unrelated to the card info, but I kept the card and it kept me thinking about the original card issuer.
  • Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    Hi guys,

So I ordered my business cards from Vistaprints.com and got them today. I was shocked at the really poor quality. Very poor stock, bad printing, cards were cut very badly (with serrations at the edges). In their defense, once I called Vistaprints, they immediately refunded my full money (including shipping).

Now I am wondering which printer to use. I know some here have mentioned Overnight Print and Got Print - but their prices are cheaper than Vista, which makes me wonder how good their quality is?

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers,
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited April 8, 2011
    Moo printed my cards quickly and the cards are of good quality.

There are several options for finishes too. Give 'em a look see.

shniks wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So I ordered my business cards from Vistaprints.com and got them today. I was shocked at the really poor quality. Very poor stock, bad printing, cards were cut very badly (with serrations at the edges). In their defense, once I called Vistaprints, they immediately refunded my full money (including shipping).

Now I am wondering which printer to use. I know some here have mentioned Overnight Print and Got Print - but their prices are cheaper than Vista, which makes me wonder how good their quality is?

Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers,
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    shniks wrote: »

I used Vistaprint once and was unhappy with the paper quality -- it was very flimsy. I have since used GotPrint and love my cards now! :)
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »

I really like mine, they also stand out in terms of quality and having good picture prints on them. I have actually seen some of my cards "displayed" by friends. Okay they were on refrigerators but you get the idea.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »

Thanks - I will check them out.

Cheers,
  • Options
    fullofpaintfullofpaint Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2011
    223239397.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302390621&Signature=pnUHNbAbT9FuqxJ2nnbwvOoA5yc%3D
    Messing around with this, the card color is kind of off, it's supposed to be a dark grey, might go back to white though.

What do you think?
    Canon 5DMk2, Canon 40D
    16-35 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 24-105 4.0L
    www.timkerigan.com
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2011
    I used Vistaprint once and was unhappy with the paper quality -- it was very flimsy. I have since used GotPrint and love my cards now! :)

Thanks Nora. I will check them out too. I have currently ordered my cards from Moo (per Ian's suggestion) as they seem to be able to print a variety of photos on one side (i.e. one is not restricted to just one photo). Got print's office is very close to my place, so I will definitely drop in there in person to see what kind of work they do.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2011
    My only hangup with Moo was that they seemed expensive. I know you pay for quality, but I can get almost twice the cards Moo offers if I order from GotPrint. I just don't see how 2x the price could be worth it, maybe I will if I try Moo though...
    AWS Photographs
    Hosted by Squarespace 6