Options

Show us your business Card!

Comments

• Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    thanks to this thread, i found out about GotPrint and ordered through them today. I will post some photos once I receive the cards!

I have a simple business card design :)

this is the back of the card :)

i-M7kPG2P-M.jpg
  • Options
    psycchic1psycchic1 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Way, way, waaaay to busy for me. Less is more.

I don't like the competing vertical and horizontal text. Pick one. I would lose your tag line...nobody really cares (at least I don't).

I do like your logo! :)

THANK YOU!!! Helpful!!!
    Lisa Langell
    LangellPhotography.com
    Honorable Mention (2010) National Wildlife Federation
    "Photographing the world isn't simply documenting that you saw it...
    ...it's capturing how you experienced it!"
  • Options
    jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    i-LVj9wHt-XL.jpg

Printed on frosted see-through plastic, just about as thick as a credit card. They are not cheap, but I think they make a statement.
    -Nate
    Jarboe Doggart Photography - jarboedoggart.com
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    trying something new
    Is there a reason for using a lowercase "p" on "portraits"? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    rogerchesterrogerchester Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    good thing i have not sent this out to be printed yet. Thanks
    canon 40D EF70- 200mm 1:2.8 l is usm EF28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2012
    trying something new

i-JvX2Tsh-L.jpg
  • Options
    Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Roger, I hope you still haven't sent them out for printing yet...."Portarits" is misspelled. :D

I think it should be "Prescott's Photography" with the apostrophe; or make it "Prescott Photography".
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2012
    Sorry already fixed this uploaded the wrong image. Thanks
  • Options
    badams007badams007 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    I love Moo. I have 12-13 different designs all in the same pack... and every single person who I give on to comments on their quality.

i-z5WQZg5-M.jpg
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    New Year...New Card
    I'm running low on stock of my last card and am ready for a change. Also have a solo show coming up so figured this was a good opportunity.

New
    Business-card-white-QR-M.jpg Old: front-copy-M.jpgBack-copy-M.jpg

New card's back will be random selection of my photographs and am printing as a Moo MiniCard so it is thinner than a standard business card. Oh and both cards have phone numbers under the email address. Just removed for web. Figured I could fan them out (back facing up) on a table and have people be able to see other available prints and grab some info.

Played with the QR code in PS to soften the edges. It links to my site and I plan to make a new landing page for mobile visitors.

Thoughts? Any other suggestions for the QR code?
  • Options
    scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    Looks nice. I'd go full bleed on the pictures because the cards are so small already.

Also, it looks like there's a typo in your email address. Look at the domain and you'll see in ends with mdh.com instead of mhd.com

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2012
    Thank you Scott. What I get for making this at midnight. Appreciate you picking this up.
    Agree about full bleed pix given the small space
    Are you using QR codes yet?
  • Options
    HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    eoren1 wrote: »
    I'm running low on stock of my last card and am ready for a change. Also have a solo show coming up so figured this was a good opportunity.

New
    Old:

New card's back will be random selection of my photographs and am printing as a Moo MiniCard so it is thinner than a standard business card. Oh and both cards have phone numbers under the email address. Just removed for web. Figured I could fan them out (back facing up) on a table and have people be able to see other available prints and grab some info.

Played with the QR code in PS to soften the edges. It links to my site and I plan to make a new landing page for mobile visitors.

Thoughts? Any other suggestions for the QR code?

Eyal; just checked out the blog and galleries and WOW! First: I LOVE the theme of your blog. So creative and you've done a masterful job of documenting your city.

Secondly; I must commend you on your shots of DC. I live about 45 minutes northwest of DC and have take many shots there but nothing to compare to the creative shots you have on your site.

Great work.
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2012
    Hinson wrote: »
    Eyal; just checked out the blog and galleries and WOW! First: I LOVE the theme of your blog. So creative and you've done a masterful job of documenting your city.

Secondly; I must commend you on your shots of DC. I live about 45 minutes northwest of DC and have take many shots there but nothing to compare to the creative shots you have on your site.

Great work.

Thank you very much. Greatly appreciate the kind words.
  • Options
    HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Thank you very much. Greatly appreciate the kind words.

Credit where credit is due.
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    Feedback very much needed and welcome. Thank you.
    i-R3RXZQN-M.jpg
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2012
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    Feedback very much needed and welcome. Thank you.

If there is still a watermark on the image, please look past that. I've tried having the WM removed at SmugMug, but it seems particularly sticky right now....bncry.giff

You must have changed it when I first saw it....you added your logo.

I've never been a fan of photos on a business card, but that's just me. Not sure I like the script font you're using. It just doesn't say "professional" to me. I'm not sure about the green background, although it seems to work with the photo you chosen.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    Mike, very helpful. Worked on the font selection a bunch and went through a bunch of options and edits.
    i-wrXkrKM-M.jpg

Debating on the image, still. It balances the logo (don't think it sits nearly as well mid-card). Could go with my smiling puss....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Hi Andrew - What about using the same font throughout? Something about the combination of these two doesn't work for me. I like the second one you've chosen for your business name--to me, it does look more professional than the casual script one. I have mixed feelings about the word "Life" at the bottom. The length works, and I assume it refers to Lifestyle Photography, which certainly wouldn't fit. It just makes me stop and wonder "how do you take pictures of life?" It may be just fine; at first look, it just made me wonder. I'm also unsure about the green. As Mike said, it works with image, and I do like the gradient. It's an unusual color for cards, but then it would make people notice it in a stack of cards, which is the goal, right? Overall, it's a nice card. I do like your logo!

Hope this is helpful.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    Just ordered a few cards from overnightprints.com Didn't do anything to fancy other than rush it so I had them for next weekend where I'm meeting up with a bunch of people from Google+ in Portland!

Curious as to what you all think about it. I considered putting a QR code centered on the bottom and using less text overall, but I couldn't make one small enough and have my phone read it easily, so i opted not to do that this time around. The design is very basic, then again I don't really have that creative eye naturally as some do. I'm not a paid photographer running a business, so I didn't put an actual address on there, just the city I'm located in.

The image almost looks not right, but I downloaded the template psd file from their site and did it all according to their guidelines, so it should be the standard 2x3.5"

businesscardo.png
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2012
    Zach-
    I like the logo. The second Photography (as in 'photography by...) seems repetitive. I would have just put your name in the orange font and size than change the black text underneath to read 'specializing in landscape & portraiture'.

As for QR codes, the less info, the smaller they can be and the easier to read. A url is much easier to mess with than trying to put a full vcd card in there.
    E
  • Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2012
    If you're seeing the colors as you've described, that's way off from what I see/used. The ZLB, Landscape & Portraiture, phone number and email are all in a lighter green color, Hex color code #8bc501

The Photography in the logo, the "photography by my name", Newport, OR and website are all in white. The background is a darker gray. Though I did consider using a bridge shot I have for the background.

As for the comment on Photography being repetitive, I think you're right. What I did will work for the weekend as I just got a handful made. I'll make some changes to what you said, think that will look a lot better too after eyeballing it.

The original QR code I made did just have the website address on it. Most likely I didn't play around long enough to find one that did work better, and perhaps on a few redesigns I'll put one back in and see how it goes. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Options
    DigiScapesDigiScapes Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2012
    Digi-Scapes Card
    Not sure which I like best, On the back it will simply have the website.

Suggestions welcome.
    Brian -
    Digi-Scapes | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
    Nikon D800 & D850 | Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VR II | Nikkor 16-35 f/4 | Nikon TC-20E-III | Nikkor 70-300mm VR | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Nikon 24-120mm f/4G ED VR | Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G
  • Options
    PaulCiuraPaulCiura Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 2, 2012
    Here is mine
    I'm not a professional photographer, but when I go out on photowalks and meet people, this is the card I give them.

Designed in Illustrator and printed at Moo.com.

PCP0640-1024x678.jpg
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2012
    Nice card, Paul. Sleek design with basic info. I like it.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    JohnnyCrashJohnnyCrash Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2013
    My first post, and I "show off" :)>
    I love my "rounded" Moo cards, and thought a samplin' of my work would best sell my skills. Plus I thought it made a "clean" appearance... :)>
  • Options
    goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2013
    I love my "rounded" Moo cards, and thought a samplin' of my work would best sell my skills. Plus I thought it made a "clean" appearance... :)>

Moo definitely does great quality work. I like you're sampling of cards. Very clean and gets your attention. Would love to see a link to your website in your signature.
  • Options
    JohnnyCrashJohnnyCrash Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 13, 2013
    Moo definitely does great quality work. I like you're sampling of cards. Very clean and gets your attention. Would love to see a link to your website in your signature.
    Thanks y'all :)>

Site added t' sig line.

Not t' git too far off topic...Th' day I first signed on, I got word I was bein' booted from my house :/> I'm in th' process of re-workin' *all* my galleries, so there's "a bit too much" on th' site so please be kind ;)>
  • Options
    GraydaGrayda Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 15, 2013
    I got my cards done through Moo.com. The grey side always remains the same, but the photo side changes, so there's about 40 different designs spread out over 200 cards. I give out cards based on what I think the person receiving the card would like. If they look like an animal lover, they get a shot of my cat or a dog. Others may get a landscape, or flower, or even an abstract digital work I've created. Makes the card a little more "personal"

m5KZnl.jpg
  • Options
    jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2013
    Grayda wrote: »
    I got my cards done through Moo.com. The grey side always remains the same, but the photo side changes, so there's about 40 different designs spread out over 200 cards. I give out cards based on what I think the person receiving the card would like. If they look like an animal lover, they get a shot of my cat or a dog. Others may get a landscape, or flower, or even an abstract digital work I've created. Makes the card a little more "personal"

m5KZnl.jpg

Really pretty perfect. It helps that your last name is Gray, just makes it all come together.
    -Nate
    Jarboe Doggart Photography - jarboedoggart.com